Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :teehee: :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    I love Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box. I've had it for a while but haven't really played it much. I went on it just now for 20 minutes and thoroughly enjoyed it (and yes, I did get 8 bronzes and 2 silvers while I was at it). Fun times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    What if it gets Yellow Light of Death :confused:
    I would lol! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    LBP still remains the most annoying game to complete.

Especially the levels you have to complete without dying!

Edit:
    :stomp: :mad2: :rant: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    LBP still remains the most annoying game to complete.

Especially the levels you have to complete without dying!
    Agreed that it's annoying, but at least you know why you're not getting the trophies. I've been trying to platinum Prince of Persia recently, and I'm missing one trophy. You need to do all combos (63 of them) in a single play session, but there's no in-game checklist. I've been through an online list twice and not got my trophy! :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Agreed that it's annoying, but at least you know why you're not getting the trophies. I've been trying to platinum Prince of Persia recently, and I'm missing one trophy. You need to do all combos (63 of them) in a single play session, but there's no in-game checklist. I've been through an online list twice and not got my trophy! :mad:
    Bad times. :sad: I have a slight OCD thing about completing games, if say there's 5 'planets' and 3 of them are 100%, the other 2 are say 45% and 86%... to me that looks messy because they're all not the same! So, basically I have to keep trying until I truly do get fed up.

ReputationRep:
    Bad times. :sad: I have a slight OCD thing about completing games, if say there's 5 'planets' and 3 of them are 100%, the other 2 are say 45% and 86%... to me that looks messy because they're all not the same! So, basically I have to keep trying until I truly do get fed up.

Giving up on PoP (for now) has an advantage though, even if it's not complete....

Ratchet & Clank is :awesome: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You've managed to collect all the light seeds? :zomg:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You've managed to collect all the light seeds? :zomg:
    Maybe Illusionary used a guide... :smug:

ReputationRep:
    :teehee: :hahaha:
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Illusionary used a guide... :smug:

I don't want to think about how long it would take without one!

ReputationRep:
    Been at my dad's for CDay and he got Dragon Age. Looks alright, might try it but from the hour I've seen Oblivion did it better three years ago.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    :no:
    Are you the one that got RROD? :hmmm:

I don't want to think about how long it would take without one!
    Good luck with R&C without a guide. :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Later stages in the Great Clock with Clank

ReputationRep:
    Beat MGS4. Definitely one of the best games i've ever played. Ending was quite satisfying as well. Even if the wedding was kinda cheesy. It's just a damn shame there wasn't more "game" with MGS4 because the gameplay mechanics were sweet.

Should I buy the first two R&C games? I can get both for about £17 off Gameplay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Beat MGS4. Definitely one of the best games i've ever played. Ending was quite satisfying as well. Even if the wedding was kinda cheesy. It's just a damn shame there wasn't more "game" with MGS4 because the gameplay mechanics were sweet.

Should I buy the first two R&C games? I can get both for about £17 off Gameplay.
    Yep definitely get R&C, you won't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)

Was epic. Tempted to get MGS1 off the PSN store with my Christmukkah money. :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with R&C without a guide. :ninja:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Later stages in the Great Clock with Clank
    I've not resorted to one yet (I'm still pretty early on in the game), but I won't rule it out! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    My slim has been a bit annoying today.

Woke up and my brother told me it wouldn't read MW2 and GH5. (I was playing GH5 til about 3am perfectly fine)
    So i tried GH5 and it just made the sound as if it was ejecting the disc but it didn't eject it and it wasnt being acknowledged on the ps3. So i tried Ashes Cricket, which worked perfectly fine.
    Then tried MW2 and that didn't work either. (The same copies of GH5 and MW2 worked perfectly well on another brother's ps3 slim upstairs)

I did a quick restore, no effect.
    So i did a full restore. When i got home MW2 worked and now it just keeps freezing when i join a lobby.
    Whilst i'm in a game lobby, everything appears well and I can still open the XMB menu, but MW2 will not register anything i press on the controller and when the match starts I just get left in the lobby
    :confused:

I got it in September, shall I just send it back as its well within warranty or is it a minor/temporary/fixable problem.

p.s. How long do Sony take to return it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My slim has been a bit annoying today.

Woke up and my brother told me it wouldn't read MW2 and GH5. (I was playing GH5 til about 3am perfectly fine)
    So i tried GH5 and it just made the sound as if it was ejecting the disc but it didn't eject it and it wasnt being acknowledged on the ps3. So i tried Ashes Cricket, which worked perfectly fine.
    Then tried MW2 and that didn't work either. (The same copies of GH5 and MW2 worked perfectly well on another brother's ps3 slim upstairs)

I did a quick restore, no effect.
    So i did a full restore. When i got home MW2 worked and now it just keeps freezing when i join a lobby.
    Whilst i'm in a game lobby, everything appears well and I can still open the XMB menu, but MW2 will not register anything i press on the controller and when the match starts I just get left in the lobby
    :confused:

I got it in September, shall I just send it back as its well within warranty or is it a minor/temporary/fixable problem.

p.s. How long do Sony take to return it?
    Just send it back as it's clearly not working properly.

Make a backup of all your save files first though.

No idea how long it will take them to send it back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Just send it back as it's clearly not working properly.

Make a backup of all your save files first though.

No idea how long it will take them to send it back to you.
    Yeah i'm gonna send it back.
    I don't really care about the save files as i completed MW2 and was only 2 gigs into GH5. I only ever play other games online. I can get all the movies and music again off DC++ when i get back to uni.

I'm disappointed it crapped out in 3 months of reasonable use but I won't cry about it though as we have another playstation i can use for the time being. Just means waiting for my go a bit more :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.