Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    PSN FlyingHigh1991

Fifa, GTA, FarCry mainly

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the mods found us - thanks :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Hey guys, My ID is DarkZeeX200. The only games I have and play are, Infamous, Fifa 09. Though i am very crap at fifa 09 and I would appreciate any help/advice/tips. Thanks.

It's no fun if you keep losing by large embarrasing margins.
    (Original post by FlyingHigh1991)
    PSN FlyingHigh1991

Fifa, GTA, FarCry mainly
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the PS3 Soc.! :thumbsup:

And Z_Ahmed, I've got no tips for you I'm afraid, because I'm a Pro Evo player! :cool:

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Looks like the mods found us - thanks :top:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    We've reached 10,000 posts in the old thread already, so it's time to start a new one! :jive:

Here's the place for all PS3 related discussion! :awesome:

If you have an issue with your PS3, Sony Customer Support can be reached on 08705998877, but call 01923653598 instead as it will be a lot cheaper (thanks to saynoto0870.com).

Post your PSN ID if it's your first time in this thread, and I'll update this post with your PSN ID. That way we can keep in contact with each other outside of TSR.

Here's the list of TSR PSN IDs:

geoff_yin = geoff_yin
    omicronlyrae = olileauk
    hippysnake = hippysnake
    02mik_e = mik_e1991-1993
    Cortez = Cortez87
    jobo3 = j0no02
    _MaLc_ = loadmalz
    darkos87= darkos87
    Sephiroth = SephirothX
    Choad = Jimjamjahaa
    Kalashnikov = KalashnikovAli
    Jimi Haze = JimiHaze
    ahmed.pilot = AhmedHassan
    Hannah_x = Hannah_x
    estel = esteluk
    .Andrew. = Portsmouth_FC_09
    jay90 = dr_jay90
    Nereos = Nereos
    Meus = Starfleets
    Manalishi = Paul-UK87
    junglemonkey = lesley_x
    loopymeg = loopymeg
    Candyliqour = Candyliqour
    james99 = Obliterate99
    Yuffie = dr_naomi_hunter
    el scorcho = KnockdownDragout
    Illusionary = Illusionary99
    Cartesian_ = D-Boy_Inc
    chernij = chernij
    spenncerr = spenncerr
    u4m1r = usama92
    FlyingHigh1991 = FlyingHigh1991
    Z_Ahmed = DarkZeeX200

I cant believe you left me out again!!

omega_weapon1987 dammit!

ReputationRep:
    PSN same as TSR username

ReputationRep:
    Hey first time posting in the PS3 thread

Lapeno69 is my PSN ID

You will find me on COD4, Tom Clancey's HAWX and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (no that you can join your mates on that :|).

I'm really looking forward to GT5 more than anything, but COD MW2 will be great also.

ReputationRep:
    Why did the other thread get locked? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Why did the other thread get locked? :confused:
    Went past the 10,000 post limit.

Geoff, this is my new TSR account but my name's on the list under my old one. I'm AhmedHassan.

Thanks dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    I cant believe you left me out again!!

omega_weapon1987 dammit!
    Sorry, I just copied and pasted all the names from the previous thread!

I've put you up now though! :yy:

(Original post by bigmo7)
    PSN same as TSR username

Welcome to the thread! :jive:

(Original post by MetalheadA7X)
    Hey first time posting in the PS3 thread

Lapeno69 is my PSN ID

You will find me on COD4, Tom Clancey's HAWX and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (no that you can join your mates on that :|).

I'm really looking forward to GT5 more than anything, but COD MW2 will be great also.

Yes I can't wait for GT5 - it'll finally have car damage! :eek:

MW2 is going to be great as well. The game that tops my "most wanted" list has to be FFXIII though. :coma:

(Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Went past the 10,000 post limit.

Geoff, this is my new TSR account but my name's on the list under my old one. I'm AhmedHassan.

Thanks dude.

Long time no see! :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I've only just noticed the list of psn's so whack me up there (TheMuon). I'm upset I never managed to squeeze in a post over 10,000 in the other before it was locked :no: oh well, ill just have to wait until this one gets up there :tongue:

(Original post by darkos87)
    Fingers crossed it's going to be good, because I have no games at all to play atm and it's really pissing me off.:eek:
    Have you platinumed infamout already? :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PSN ID: spikeymike09

Not played the PS3 in a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I've only just noticed the list of psn's so whack me up there (TheMuon). I'm upset I never managed to squeeze in a post over 10,000 in the other before it was locked :no: oh well, ill just have to wait until this one gets up there :tongue:

Welcome to the new thread! :teeth:

I'm just upset I was at work when post 10,000 was posted. :ninja:

Anyway, still working my way though World Tour Mode in Virtua Tennis 2009. I've just got to my third season and I'm still only ranked 45 in the amateur rankings! :fuhrer:

I'll keep grinding out the easy victories I guess..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    PSN ID: spikeymike09

Not played the PS3 in a while...

Get back on your PS3 NOW! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    The game that tops my "most wanted" list has to be FFXIII though. :coma:
    Yeah if it ever comes out :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Hey guys, My ID is DarkZeeX200. The only games I have and play are, Infamous, Fifa 09. Though i am very crap at fifa 09 and I would appreciate any help/advice/tips. Thanks.

It's no fun if you keep losing by large embarrasing margins.
    First of all, change your camera angle from Tele to Dynamic V2, that its much easier to defend, and shoot, it just requires a little more use of the radar. Will feel weird at first, but once you get used ot it, it's much better than Tele, much more like Pro Evo in fact.

Playing-wise you need to make use of L1 and R1 as much as you can. R1 can help when shooting as it places the shot rather than purely belting it. Use L1 when passing in midfield and attack as the player that passes the ball will run on to receive a 1-2. If you find yoursefl with the ball and no one to pass to, tap L1 and players will make themselves space for you to pass to them. There is so much using these buttons can add to your game, L2 and R2 have other uses as well.

PSN ID: Crime-Slug
    I play Fifa 09, Battlefield 1943, UFC, COD4, COD5, Burnout, PES2009, GTA IV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    First of all, change your camera angle from Tele to Dynamic V2, that its much easier to defend, and shoot, it just requires a little more use of the radar. Will feel weird at first, but once you get used ot it, it's much better than Tele, much more like Pro Evo in fact.

Playing-wise you need to make use of L1 and R1 as much as you can. R1 can help when shooting as it places the shot rather than purely belting it. Use L1 when passing in midfield and attack as the player that passes the ball will run on to receive a 1-2. If you find yoursefl with the ball and no one to pass to, tap L1 and players will make themselves space for you to pass to them. There is so much using these buttons can add to your game, L2 and R2 have other uses as well.

Welcome to the thread! :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)

Thanks for the tip. I was reading the fifa 09 game guide that came with the Game and in the defense section it mentioned Jockey, What does Jockey mean and what is it's purpose. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is Battlefield 1943 good?

Considering buying it.

PSN: PuNjAb-PoLiCe_PP

Only play COD4 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Is Battlefield 1943 good?

Considering buying it.
    I loved it, but now it's kind of outstayed its welcome. There are loads of people playing all the time, but with only 3 maps and 1 mode, well... you know... it gets boring fast.

For 9.99 you could get lot worse. But add 5 pounds on that and you get warhawk which is a much superior game in all aspects.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.