Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    COD 4 hack was fixed yesterday i believe

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, me and my flatmates and a few friends just had an unbelievably fun night playing Singstar. I thought it would be rubbish but it's so much fun when you're singing (badly!) together :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Believe it or not, me and my flatmates and a few friends just had an unbelievably fun night playing Singstar. I thought it would be rubbish but it's so much fun when you're singing (badly!) together :p:
    hah join the club. Singstar is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you get the highest score by just saying "uhm" at the right time on that game? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webstersss)
    Couldn't you get the highest score by just saying "uhm" at the right time on that game? lol
    That kind of defeats the whole point of the game though, which is to have fun!

Bought Ashes 09 from Asda today for £25. They've got a load of games for £25 atm including Prototype and Call of Juarez.

Ashes is good so far. Graphics are average and the commentary is pretty bad as well, but the gameplay is good. I suffered a huge defeat to Bangladesh in my first match as I had no idea what to do. I then played through the tutorials and thrashed West Indies by 7 wickets in a ODI :cool:

ReputationRep:
    That kind of defeats the whole point of the game though, which is to have fun!

Bought Ashes 09 from Asda today for £25. They've got a load of games for £25 atm including Prototype and Call of Juarez.

Ashes is good so far. Graphics are average and the commentary is pretty bad as well, but the gameplay is good. I suffered a huge defeat to Bangladesh in my first match as I had no idea what to do. I then played through the tutorials and thrashed West Indies by 7 wickets in a ODI :cool:
    :shock: I'm definitely checking that out when I get back from work on Monday!

ReputationRep:
    is cod5 having some sort of double experience point thing?
    cos well each kill is +20?

i'll ask in here as its on the ps3 :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Oh. My. G-d.

How ridiculous.
    Doesn't Sashioni realise that PS3 runs by using billions of 1s and 0s :confused:
    That's a lie, the PS3 is clearly powered by Ken Kutaragi. Where do you think he's been ever since the PS3 launched?

I'm fine with whatever it's called, half of the games on PS3 have numbers in them anyway (yes...the sequels).

So I'm playing Killzone 2... The only other games I have my eye on next are Far Cry 2 or Mirror's Edge (which I started on 360 but gave up), so it has to be either one?

ReputationRep:
    im on Act 4 of MGS4 :love: brings back memories :woo:

but im stuck

Spoiler:
    Show
    i cant seem to kill Vamp :puppyeyes: ive "killed" him like 10 times already :erm: any tips anyone? i was thinking of using chaff grenades but i didnt have any :sad: or am i meant to wait until Rex is done :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    im on Act 4 of MGS4 :love: brings back memories :woo:

but im stuck

Spoiler:
    Show
    i cant seem to kill Vamp :puppyeyes: ive "killed" him like 10 times already :erm: any tips anyone? i was thinking of using chaff grenades but i didnt have any :sad: or am i meant to wait until Rex is done :tongue:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you have to inject him with the nano manchines it stops him from regenerating.:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you have to inject him with the nano manchines it stops him from regenerating.:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh ok you mean that syringe, right? but i thought it was the nanomachines that made him immortal :hmmmm2:

ah yeh suppresses it,makes sense now :tongue:

the end of that Act was epic :eek4: :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Decided to go to Asda today as I needed to withdraw some cash anyway. So I managed to get Prototype for £25! :woo:

I would rep you again for letting me know about the sweet deal, but I just repped you the other day for my speakers thread!

Thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Decided to go to Asda today as I needed to withdraw some cash anyway. So I managed to get Prototype for £25! :woo:

I would rep you again for letting me know about the sweet deal, but I just repped you the other day for my speakers thread!

Thanks anyway!
    No problem! I soooo nearly bought Prototype as well as Ashes 09 but I couldn't afford both

ReputationRep:
    No problem! I soooo nearly bought Prototype as well as Ashes 09 but I couldn't afford both
    How is Ashes 09?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh ok you mean that syringe, right? but i thought it was the nanomachines that made him immortal :hmmmm2:

ah yeh suppresses it,makes sense now :tongue:

the end of that Act was epic :eek4: :sad:
    Someone else who's playing MGS4 im on act 5 :P ******* epic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashioni)
    That's a lie, the PS3 is clearly powered by Ken Kutaragi. Where do you think he's been ever since the PS3 launched?

I'm fine with whatever it's called, half of the games on PS3 have numbers in them anyway (yes...the sequels).

So I'm playing Killzone 2... The only other games I have my eye on next are Far Cry 2 or Mirror's Edge (which I started on 360 but gave up), so it has to be either one?
    Far Cry 2 is such a boring game. It looks very pretty at first, but there's absolutely nothing challenging in this game, the AI is pants retarded. And the trophies are horrendously hard to get. I played it on the PC and absolutely hated it.

Mirror's Edge on the other hand, I found quite enjoyable, sure it's trial and error game, but the time trials are fun, the gameplay I loved, and the trophies are easy to get. The story is STUPID btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    Far Cry 2 is such a boring game. It looks very pretty at first, but there's absolutely nothing challenging in this game, the AI is pants retarded. And the trophies are horrendously hard to get. I played it on the PC and absolutely hated it.

Mirror's Edge on the other hand, I found quite enjoyable, sure it's trial and error game, but the time trials are fun, the gameplay I loved, and the trophies are easy to get. The story is STUPID btw.
    I wouldn't even say that it's pretty, basically it's a poor mans GTA (Grand Theft Africa as I call it).

Out of the two I'd get Mirrors Edge but I only played the demo. tbh I'm a bit out of touch but have been playing a bit of Killzone 2 and SBK-09 which is a bit of fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_amro)
    Someone else who's playing MGS4 im on act 5 :P ******* epic!
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    How is Ashes 09?
    Yeah it's cool. Definitely worth £25 imo. The commentary is the worst part about it, but the gameplay is fun and reasonably realistic. Slightly annoying that only England and Australia are licensed, but it's not a big deal. Haven't played online yet cos I'm worried I'll get thrashed :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good gaming rack to store games on? At the moment they are all clustered together next to the PS3 but i would really like to put them, neatly, next to the TV

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.