Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just beaten World at War for the first time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :woo: I've just beaten R&C on hard - and didn't even die once on the final boss! [/boasting]

Awesome game, definitely the best R&C so far. The humour is superbly done throughout, and really gives the game its own personality. Now time for Challenge Mode and some proper trophy whoring! :yes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Challenge Mode wasn't that much harder for me. :ninja: Since everything just carried over... and I had done everything before doing that, so i had weapons all on at level 5 and I bought most of the Omega weapons on the 1st visit to the robot who sells wepons.

ReputationRep:
    People still playing COD4 online?

It's 20 quid in Gamestation and I heard it's supposedly 'better' than MW2 anyway so I was considering picking it up.

I'm a WaW fan myself :p: It's honestly not just the Gary Oldman and Kiefer Sutherland thing... :ninjagirl:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    People still playing COD4 online?

It's 20 quid in Gamestation and I heard it's supposedly 'better' than MW2 anyway so I was considering picking it up.

I'm a WaW fan myself :p: It's honestly not just the Gary Oldman and Kiefer Sutherland thing... :ninjagirl:
    £20 new or pre-owned? Overpriced if it's pre-owned.

Edit:
    I think I will have to gather 7 other players to help me get this trophy on Burnout. It will only take 5mins! (This will be after the New Year)

Ride 10 miles on a bike in an 8 player lobby

Edit2:
    Nevermind, done it! Platinum'd Burnout! :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    £20 new or pre-owned? Overpriced if it's pre-owned.
    New, GOTY edition.

ReputationRep:

Edit2:
    Nevermind, done it! Platinum'd Burnout! :king1:
    Well done! :congrats:

That's three now yeah?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    New, GOTY edition.
    I bought MW2 for £26 on day of release at Sainsbury's. :teehee: :holmes:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    Well done! :congrats:

That's three now yeah?
    Yep! :proud: My PSN ID hasn't updated though!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for taking you down mike and sorry for the first invite I sent you - wanted the trophy

ReputationRep:
    Have you synced it all?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    Sorry for taking you down mike and sorry for the first invite I sent you - wanted the trophy
    Nah, that's ok! Wasn't the reason I left! :p: I was wanting to get the Cops & Robbers trophies but they were taking ages to start the game! And I don't know how to start one.

Have you synced it all?
    Yep. It shows on my profile card on the PS3.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, that's ok! Wasn't the reason I left! I was wanting to get the Cops & Robbers trophies but they were taking ages to start the game! And I don't know how to start one.
    Ok! :o: Sounds rubbish I think I'm going to give up on those types of trophies. I'm finding it way too hard!
    Only a certain amount count towards the Platinum, don't they? Are they all on the top of the trophies list? So the trophy list has the normal trophies, then all the DLC ones?

Yep. It shows on my profile card on the PS3.
    Ok :cool:

It's so annoying getting new cars though. I was tracking down a car and almost took it down, and then it went and crashed of its own accord Then when it spawned nowhere near where I was when it crashed :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok! :o: Sounds rubbish I think I'm going to give up on those types of trophies. I'm finding it way too hard!
    Only a certain amount count towards the Platinum, don't they? Are they all on the top of the trophies list? So the trophy list has the normal trophies, then all the DLC ones?

Ok :cool:

It's so annoying getting new cars though. I was tracking down a car and almost took it down, and then it went and crashed of its own accord Then when it spawned nowhere near where I was when it crashed :mad:
    All the DLC stuff you don't have to do i.e Cops & Robbers, Big Surf Island.

ReputationRep:
    Right then. Ok, thanks

ReputationRep:
    But I'm pretty sure you did as a means of getting easy mostly silver trophies! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Challenge Mode wasn't that much harder for me. :ninja: Since everything just carried over... and I had done everything before doing that, so i had weapons all on at level 5 and I bought most of the Omega weapons on the 1st visit to the robot who sells wepons.
    These "later Clank puzzles" that you mentioned a while ago, and said that I'd probably need a guide for - are they optional ones that aren't part of the main 'story' part of the game? I didn't have that much trouble with any of the required puzzles.

Yep! :proud: My PSN ID hasn't updated though!
    It has now. :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    But I'm pretty sure you did as a means of getting easy mostly silver trophies! :p:
    I got it to get 100% on Burnout.

These "later Clank puzzles" that you mentioned a while ago, and said that I'd probably need a guide for - are they optional ones that aren't part of the main 'story' part of the game? I didn't have that much trouble with any of the required puzzles.

It has now. :yy:
    Well you get a gold bolt for each of them, so if you want the trophy for collecting all gold bolts, you have to do it. :p: Have you tried the arcade machine yet? See "My Blaster Runs Hot" trophy.

:proud:

Edit:
    What I found troublesome was remembering what each recording did, it gives a preview when you stand the button but sometimes it's not so clear. And after re-recording a recording, it becomes confusing, and your timing was be pretty spot on or else a recording fails. :holmes:

6 plats here with uncharted 2, mw2, resi 5, dragon ages, tekken 6 platiinums inbound :smug:

Someone compete with me cos it's no fun haing so many plats and no-one to appreciate it with :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    6 plats here with uncharted 2, mw2, resi 5, dragon ages, tekken 6 platiinums inbound :smug:

Someone compete with me cos it's no fun haing so many plats and no-one to appreciate it with :sad:
    Try to compete with this person, if you want a challenge! :p:

Try to compete with this person, if you want a challenge! :p:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does he/she have a life? Has he/she played eery PS3 in existence? Does he/she have the ability to slow down time to play that much :eek: ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Totally doing it wrong, that's not how you trophy whore. :p:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.