Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motiv3)
    Can anyone recommend a good gaming rack to store games on? At the moment they are all clustered together next to the PS3 but i would really like to put them, neatly, next to the TV
    No idea, but can't you just use a shelf to store them on? That's where I line up my games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Yeah it's cool. Definitely worth £25 imo. The commentary is the worst part about it, but the gameplay is fun and reasonably realistic. Slightly annoying that only England and Australia are licensed, but it's not a big deal. Haven't played online yet cos I'm worried I'll get thrashed :p:
    I'm loving ashes, a couple of erratic moments such as poor umpiring but overall good fun. I've finally got used to the buttons and bowled Aus out for 49 in the first innings Graeme Swann with 9 wickets and the 10th was a run out (10 wicket haul would have got me a gold trophy :mad: )

Now i'm saved on 668-8: KP 311*, Anderson 111*
    I will move onto a better difficulty once i cleaned the trophies out of it :P

Online is good, not seen any lag in any game. the MAJOR issue though is everyone quits and there is no punishment on top of the fact it doesn't save your stats from the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    No idea, but can't you just use a shelf to store them on? That's where I line up my games.
    no available shelf near TV

ReputationRep:
    Just shove everything in your drawer? I have quite a big shelf, but unfortunately got too many DVD's now, and the collector's editions or boxsets really screw it up for me... I'm thinking of just getting rid of all the boxes and keeping only the dvds when I move houses.

ReputationRep:
    Far Cry 2 is such a boring game. It looks very pretty at first, but there's absolutely nothing challenging in this game, the AI is pants retarded. And the trophies are horrendously hard to get. I played it on the PC and absolutely hated it.

Mirror's Edge on the other hand, I found quite enjoyable, sure it's trial and error game, but the time trials are fun, the gameplay I loved, and the trophies are easy to get. The story is STUPID btw.
    It looked pretty fun with the whole driving the cars thing and the game wasn't a full-throttle FPS, instead it seems quite nicely paced. But I've head a lot that it's just about the looks...

Didn't expect a groundbreaking storyline in that game anyway! I heard it's just about delivering packages though...

I wouldn't even say that it's pretty, basically it's a poor mans GTA (Grand Theft Africa as I call it).

Out of the two I'd get Mirrors Edge but I only played the demo. tbh I'm a bit out of touch but have been playing a bit of Killzone 2 and SBK-09 which is a bit of fun.
    Lol GTAfrica? Not nearly as fun though... I thought I could try crashing one of the smaller cars into a canoe/hoverboat and see if it would drive but that was fail.

Oh no I've already got both games but couldn't decided which to play next. If you can rent it try the game, I played a few levels on 360 and it was quite addictive.

Can anyone recommend a good gaming rack to store games on?
    I've got something like this, it's pretty compact and stores a few. You could always get more than one if you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    I'm loving ashes, a couple of erratic moments such as poor umpiring but overall good fun. I've finally got used to the buttons and bowled Aus out for 49 in the first innings Graeme Swann with 9 wickets and the 10th was a run out (10 wicket haul would have got me a gold trophy :mad: )

Now i'm saved on 668-8: KP 311*, Anderson 111*
    I will move onto a better difficulty once i cleaned the trophies out of it :P

Online is good, not seen any lag in any game. the MAJOR issue though is everyone quits and there is no punishment on top of the fact it doesn't save your stats from the match.
    Anderson on 111* ? :rofl: If he can get that score in real life we might have a chance of beating the Aussies in this test :p:

Shame about the online, all games should punish people who leave when they're losing. Were people generally quite good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_amro)
    Someone else who's playing MGS4 im on act 5 :P ******* epic!
    On the topic of MGS4 - it looks like it actually *is* going to get trophies!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=220953

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Anderson on 111* ? :rofl: If he can get that score in real life we might have a chance of beating the Aussies in this test :p:

Shame about the online, all games should punish people who leave when they're losing. Were people generally quite good?
    When Anderson was on 49, KP has 297 and by the time Jimmy had his century, Kp was on 298 lol. Anderson hit 9 consecutives 6's

Well my first ever online game was against the guy 3rd in the batting rankings and i had him 50-5 before he quit. But overall they seem pretty good, just a shame they resort to yorkers every single ball. Something that really makes quitting even more pointless on the game is it doesnt record losses, it just records total runs and total wickets etc. If say you scored 100 chasing 250, there is still no point quitting as you would of had 100 runs and a couple of wickets to add to your career total. the rankings only mention positive stats and so getting thrashed after scoring 100 isnt much different to winning comfortably after scoring 100 so quitting is pathetic

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a good gaming rack to store games on? At the moment they are all clustered together next to the PS3 but i would really like to put them, neatly, next to the TV
    I use two of these, which join together pretty well.
    Easy to make, very sturdy; fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    hmmm, was looking for something wooden cause main TV thus gaming TV is in main sitting room thus if wooden, would look nice :P

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, was looking for something wooden cause main TV thus gaming TV is in main sitting room thus if wooden, would look nice :P
    Ok... well in that case I'm stumped for ideas (stumped---tree---wood... get it? :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Ok... well in that case I'm stumped for ideas (stumped---tree---wood... get it? :p: )
    :facepalm2:

Shocking... :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashioni)
    That's a lie, the PS3 is clearly powered by Ken Kutaragi. Where do you think he's been ever since the PS3 launched?
    I have no idea :rolleyes:

:facepalm2:

Shocking... :gasp:
    :toofunny: :mmm: :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I am absent from the soc for a couple of hours and already the level of bad jokes has reached an uncomfortably nauseous level...

I think signing onto lovefilm/tesco rental is going to be the cheapest option for me to play my games and watch movies... can't afford many 40 pound games anymore

ReputationRep:
    50 Cent to lend his voice to MW2

Now I can't wait to get this game!!!1million.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hwo do they join together side by side or vertically? because I want to get some for when i move to university but id need like 3 of them

ReputationRep:
    50 Cent to lend his voice to MW2

Now I can't wait to get this game!!!1million.

:rolleyes:
    its only his voice. If nobody mentioned it then nobody would have realised it was him saying the commands.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    old snake with a gun in his mouth :cry:
    Edit: I started a new game why dont i have the railgun? (i already got the MK2):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omegaweapon1987)
    hwo do they join together side by side or vertically? because I want to get some for when i move to university but id need like 3 of them

If you can see between the red circles are little holes. Inside the packaging you get clips you use to clip one tower to another, sidewards on

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking i might buy one of these: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Hardware/A...Charging-Dock/ They look nice, and they run off mains, and they're £20 in the shop =)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.