Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    I'm thinking i might buy one of these: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Hardware/A...Charging-Dock/ They look nice, and they run off mains, and they're £20 in the shop =)
    They do look good but it could be a lot cheaper to charge the controller(s) up by USB on a computer. That's what I do - when I'm not on the PS3 I'm on the computer anyway, so it makes no difference. And instead of £20 on the whole thing, I spent £10 on two USB cables that work with the controllers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_amro)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    old snake with a gun in his mouth :cry:

Edit: I started a new game why dont i have the railgun? (i already got the MK2)
    Spoiler! Use the spoilers tag! :eek3:

I think signing onto lovefilm/tesco rental is going to be the cheapest option for me to play my games and watch movies... can't afford many 40 pound games anymore
    Yep that's a good idea. I've got a three months' (free) lovefilm rental service and I haven't spent anything on a game since, mainly because I've traded for the rented games that I do like (Uncharted, inFamous, soon Killzone 2).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    They do look good but it could be a lot cheaper to charge the controller(s) up by USB on a computer. That's what I do - when I'm not on the PS3 I'm on the computer anyway, so it makes no difference. And instead of £20 on the whole thing, I spent £10 on two USB cables that work with the controllers.
    yeah, but i don't have a computer anywhere near the PS3, and, for me at least, having a stand for the controllers is useful, as is mains charging.

ReputationRep:
    god damn, people, if you're going to say a plot point use spoilers. I've edited stuff so it's all hidden =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    yeah, but i don't have a computer anywhere near the PS3, and, for me at least, having a stand for the controllers is useful, as is mains charging.
    Ahh fair enough then

ReputationRep:
    Honestly...is there ever going to be a server based game that runs as well as Rfom ran and still does?
    Gahhhhh! :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Honestly...is there ever going to be a server based game that runs as well as Rfom ran and still does?
    Gahhhhh! :eek4:
    I love COD 4 interface to get into a game, it is very convenient and quick... but yeah RFOM had one of the best servers and it was a launch title! How come no one followed suit?

in other news, 1up.com is doing a week-long coverage of Uncharted 2: among thieves

This is a trivia list
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3175515

and a couple of screenshots
    http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3168740&sec=IMAGES

I hope chloe isn't wearing a bra...

ReputationRep:
    http://kotaku.com/5334428/nintendos-...wii-controller

:facepalm2:

What has the gaming world come to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

HAHA!

New lows!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I love COD 4 interface to get into a game, it is very convenient and quick... but yeah RFOM had one of the best servers and it was a launch title! How come no one followed suit?
    No denying that it is a good interface but it's just really annoying that you can lose a game because an American was hosting therefore you lag...:rolleyes:
    Plus since I've got the best internet amongst my friends, I have to host everytime and it seems that my router sometimes doesn't like that! :mad:

I hope for MW2 they come to their senses and go with servers....:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    HAHA!

New lows!!
    I can't wait to get my wii horse!

(btw nice pic with the guitar)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

oh, what. srs. What the HELL!?

ReputationRep:
    Boo hoo damn you amazon, they just cancelled my pre-order for GT5 Also made me waste my 1 month free trial of amazon prime :rant:

They ****** me over twice in 1 day :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    Got my TW10 platinum today.

Edit: They cancelled my pre-order too. Oh well it was worth a try. It's very unlikely that I'll buy the game now. By the time it does come down to £20 I'll have FFs to keep me busy. I'm not a big enough fan of racing sims to pay full price, I barely played Prologue which came with my PS3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    I'm not a big enough fan of racing sims to pay full price, I barely played Prologue which came with my PS3.
    Well, the two should be as different as day and night but I see what you're saying. I'll probably hold off unless I can get it for ~£30 but ultimately...GT is in my blood, ever since the days of the first one and tuning up crap cars to ridiculous performance figures.

Damn...now I have to preorder GT5 at any cost :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Well, the two should be as different as day and night but I see what you're saying. I'll probably hold off unless I can get it for ~£30 but ultimately...GT is in my blood, ever since the days of the first one and tuning up crap cars to ridiculous performance figures.

Damn...now I have to preorder GT5 at any cost :p:
    ShopTo is offering a very good price of £32.95. I may go up to £25 for it but it depends when it reaches that level. I used to be a big fan of racing games but I went off them after PS1. I did play a lot of racing online in GTAIV but that was completely different to GT. Maybe I just prefer the arcade racers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    ShopTo is offering a very good price of £32.95. I may go up to £25 for it but it depends when it reaches that level. I used to be a big fan of racing games but I went off them after PS1. I did play a lot of racing online in GTAIV but that was completely different to GT. Maybe I just prefer the arcade racers.
    It's a bit funny you say that because the problem I have with the GT series is that it isn't very realistic at all, especially when compared to the likes of Forza (which I wish was on the PS3).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    It's a bit funny you say that because the problem I have with the GT series is that it isn't very realistic at all, especially when compared to the likes of Forza (which I wish was on the PS3).
    What's not realistic about it? Damage would be obvious but they're adding that in 5. Either way it seems to be the most realistic racer on the PS3. I don't know enough to compare with Forza.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible Amazon
    Here's the full copy of the e-mail if anyone's interested:
    The e-mail reads:

Important Information regarding Your Amazon.co.uk Order ???-???????-???????
    Sent: 11 August 2009 15:23:20
    To: Me

Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

'Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)' - ASIN: B002BWONDK

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...odeId=1040614), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

ReputationRep:
    They probably did it intentionally, to get the thousands of people to their website. Some of which will have bought other items while there. It seems to be a sales tactic. Though sometimes they do honour mis-prices.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.