Hadouken!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Hadouken!!
    Might be because i'm drunk but... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Might be because i'm drunk but... :confused:
    From the Street Fighter movie I mentioned in the previous page.

ReputationRep:
    Have there been any games that have been as good as Zelda?
    It's called Silent Hill 2.

ReputationRep:
    I did it. After the 2nd 360 in the household died on me last night, I couldn't go on without a console. Especially with being off work for the next week. I couldn't wait for online orders to be posted, instead I headed into town. 250GB Slim, Uncharted 2, Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed Shift (could have got FIFA 10 instead of Shift but not much of a football fan), £294.99 from HMV. Probably a little more than what I would have paid elsewhere for similar deals, but I was desperate!
    Got a pile of 360 games to trade in too, will head back in sometime in the week and see what I can get for them, and if I don't like Mirrors Edge or Shift I can take them too.
    Does anyone know if anywhere will swap pre-owned MW2 on 360 for same on PS3? Or will they still charge a bit extra to make profit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I did it. After the 2nd 360 in the household died on me last night, I couldn't go on without a console. Especially with being off work for the next week. I couldn't wait for online orders to be posted, instead I headed into town. 250GB Slim, Uncharted 2, Mirrors Edge and Need for Speed Shift (could have got FIFA 10 instead of Shift but not much of a football fan), £294.99 from HMV. Probably a little more than what I would have paid elsewhere for similar deals, but I was desperate!
    Got a pile of 360 games to trade in too, will head back in sometime in the week and see what I can get for them, and if I don't like Mirrors Edge or Shift I can take them too.
    Does anyone know if anywhere will swap pre-owned MW2 on 360 for same on PS3? Or will they still charge a bit extra to make profit?
    :party: Congrats on the purchase! A great decision. :yes:
    Check the first post in this thread if you'd like some game recommendations.

Unfortunately, game stores aren't in business to allow people to freely trade games, so there would undoubtedly be a charge if you tried to exchange MW2 through a retail store. You could try selling and re-buying on eBay, which might save some money, though obviously it's a bit more work and there would still be eBay fees to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :party: Congrats on the purchase! A great decision. :yes:
    Check the first post in this thread if you'd like some game recommendations.

Unfortunately, game stores aren't in business to allow people to freely trade games, so there would undoubtedly be a charge if you tried to exchange MW2 through a retail store. You could try selling and re-buying on eBay, which might save some money, though obviously it's a bit more work and there would still be eBay fees to worry about.
    Ah that sucks! Will see what I can get it for though.
    I shouldn't really start thinking about more games yet. Most of what I usually have left to spend from my wages is now gone..saying that, there is a £500 overdraft. But I should avoid if possible. I'll aim to hold off buying anything else until BioShock 2. A mate is going to lend me Uncharted so I can play through that and get the story before I play the second, and he's got a few others he'll probably let me borrow, so should be alright for a while.

My online ID thing is HoboBen89 if anyone wants to add me. Probably won't be playing online just yet, but if I get into Need for Speed Shift then I'll give that a go.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks! Will see what I can get it for though.
    I shouldn't really start thinking about more games yet. Most of what I usually have left to spend from my wages is now gone..saying that, there is a £500 overdraft. But I should avoid if possible. I'll aim to hold off buying anything else until BioShock 2. A mate is going to lend me Uncharted so I can play through that and get the story before I play the second, and he's got a few others he'll probably let me borrow, so should be alright for a while.

My online ID thing is HoboBen89 if anyone wants to add me. Probably won't be playing online just yet, but if I get into Need for Speed Shift then I'll give that a go.
    Updated. :yy: I can now welcome you to the thread officially! :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Updated. :yy: I can now welcome you to the thread officially! :cute:
    Why thank you very much
    It's so quiet compared to the 360 :awesome: Bar the occasional sound from the disc drive, the fan on my Home Cinema System is louder, and that's only switched on, not doing anything.

Seems a little slow though. Downloading game update took ages, and it was only about 250MB. Now it's copying game data to HDD, been doing that for about 10 minutes. Is this normal? Although it does say 3GB minimum needed, does it copy that all over at the start?

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you very much
    It's so quiet compared to the 360 :awesome: Bar the occasional sound from the disc drive, the fan on my Home Cinema System is louder, and that's only switched on, not doing anything.

Seems a little slow though. Downloading game update took ages, and it was only about 250MB. Now it's copying game data to HDD, been doing that for about 10 minutes. Is this normal? Although it does say 3GB minimum needed, does it copy that all over at the start?
    It's your first firmware update, which is probably why it's taking so long. It shouldn't be that slow in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.
    Just getting the hang of the controls. The sticks have been moved :mad:
    Other than that, loving it so far!

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you very much

Downloading updates etc. on ps3 takes a lot longer than 360. In general for ps3 I leave mine on overnight/when I go out to do the updating.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the PS3 was a little quieter then the 360, but since i bought my elite, i have to be honest; it's almost the same as the PS3.

Going back to you asking if game stores would "swap MW2 on the 360 for the one on the ps3..": There is something you can try. Say you got the game for christmas from your mum or dad or someone in your family, say they bought the wrong one; you have a ps3, they didn't know that.. Might be worth giving that a try.. All they can say is no.. Also, just say you "lost the reciept"..

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the PS3 was a little quieter then the 360, but since i bought my elite, i have to be honest; it's almost the same as the PS3.

Going back to you asking if game stores would "swap MW2 on the 360 for the one on the ps3..": There is something you can try. Say you got the game for christmas from your mum or dad or someone in your family, say they bought the wrong one; you have a ps3, they didn't know that.. Might be worth giving that a try.. All they can say is no.. Also, just say you "lost the reciept"..

:lol:
    Perhaps I just had a crappy 360 then, it is seriously so loud!
    That's actually a pretty good idea. Saying it was bought pre-owned and wanting to swap for pre-owned would be easier, won't matter about any marks on the disc then and it not being wrapped or having stickers on. Worth a try at least.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I just had a crappy 360 then, it is seriously so loud!
    That's actually a pretty good idea. Saying it was bought pre-owned and wanting to swap for pre-owned would be easier, won't matter about any marks on the disc then and it not being wrapped or having stickers on. Worth a try at least.
    I find it is only quite loud when the disc is spinning. But since they let you install the game data to the HDD, it's alot better.

Same with the PS3, really. If the disc was spinning & loading from the disc all the time, it would be pretty loud.

Thank god for installs!

What are good game rental services? Anything better than lovefilm?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who hasn't got the new Ratchet yet, now looks to be a great time to buy it - it's £18 in Zavvi's 'Mega Mondays' promotion:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10052948.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    What are good game rental services? Anything better than lovefilm?
    LoveFilm are the best that I've used. If you are looking to rent games though I wouldn't bother, you never get the games really you want.

Boomerang are quite cheap, you can rent one game per month for £3.49 which isn't too bad if you don't play a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    For anyone who hasn't got the new Ratchet yet, now looks to be a great time to buy it - it's £18 in Zavvi's 'Mega Mondays' promotion:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10052948.html
    Great spot :teeth:

Elsewhere in the promotion - Rambo 1-4 boxset for £9? :woo: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Zavvi's still going? My local one closed down soon after they went into administration last year

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.