Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Zavvi's still going? My local one closed down soon after they went into administration last year
    Where I am... it's called Head. :teehee: :facepalm2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Zavvi got bought by Head Entertainment AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    For anyone who hasn't got the new Ratchet yet, now looks to be a great time to buy it - it's £18 in Zavvi's 'Mega Mondays' promotion:
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms.../10052948.html
    Awesome, cheers, have some rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Great spot :teeth:

Elsewhere in the promotion - Rambo 1-4 boxset for £9? :woo: :rofl:
    ...and the Dark Knight for £7. :yes:

Zavvi's still going? My local one closed down soon after they went into administration last year
    Many of the stores got bought by various other companies, including HMV and Head. The website got bought by The Hut Group, but they kept the name; I'd say that Zavvi is probably a better-known brand than The Hut, so I can see why.

Administration is never a nice process, though. It's good to see at least some of the employees keeping their jobs (with new employers), but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the place of some people I know who had to actually go in to close down some stores.

ReputationRep:
    All this time, I never even thought to check the website to see if they were still around. I'd have been gutted if they had a decent PS3 bundle, but doesn't look like I've missed out on much. But there are a few bargains in that Mega Monday. Something to keep an eye on.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Damn... manager mode is soo time consuming, I'm only just over halfway through the season. Top of the league with Valencia though. :yeah: (I'm playing 6min per half games)

ReputationRep:
    1 away from my first nuke earlier - i nearly smashesd the house up in rage :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of buying a PS3 pretty soon.

I was thinking of buying an Xbox, but I know nothing about gaming, so I let my friend decide for me. I looked up some features of the PS3 on google, and it looks really good.

Hopefully I'll start posting in this thread more once I buy it. Especially since I'll need help about which games to buy and which not to buy.

The first post really helped, I'll definetly check out some of those games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)

I was thinking of buying an Xbox, but I know nothing about gaming, so I let my friend decide for me. I looked up some features of the PS3 on google, and it looks really good.

Hopefully I'll start posting in this thread more once I buy it. Especially since I'll need help about which games to buy and which not to buy.

Coming from a very recent 360-PS3 convert, good choice on the PS3!
    The list of games on the first page is excellent, I wish I could try most of them, but I really shouldn't spend any more this month :sad:

ReputationRep:
    hmm i completed dragon age quite a while ago. but that was only 1 character.
    im very hesitant to start again with a new character because i know i will just waste too much time playing that game. im also thinking about playing again as the same character type but trying to do what i missed out first time i played.
    the replayability factor im finding with this game is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    What are the WWE games like these days? I remember loving them years ago, I had every game from the first Smackdown on PS, up to the first Smackdown Vs Raw on PS2. Perhaps I've grown up a bit more now, I haven't watched WWE in years now, but anyone reckon it's worth a go? 2010 is only £17.95 on Zavvi. It might help me get to grips with the PS3 controls, playing something a bit more familiar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)

Glad the OP helped you. :yep:

Welcome to the thread! :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    We aim to please here in the PS3 thread

What are the WWE games like these days? I remember loving them years ago, I had every game from the first Smackdown on PS, up to the first Smackdown Vs Raw on PS2. Perhaps I've grown up a bit more now, I haven't watched WWE in years now, but anyone reckon it's worth a go? 2010 is only £17.95 on Zavvi. It might help me get to grips with the PS3 controls, playing something a bit more familiar.
    Bit boring, but they aways have been. Graphically they are pretty cool, but that's about it.

But for just £17.95 it is a good price and worth purchasing ;yep;

Maybe try the demo off of PSN. I think the 2010 one is on there, but don't quote me there... Have a ganders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Where I am... it's called Head. :teehee: :facepalm2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Zavvi got bought by Head Entertainment AFAIK.
    I get some very dodgy stuff when i search for that store on google.. :lol:

Although i did learn something new:

In anatomy, the head of an animal is the rostral part (from anatomical position) that usually comprises the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth

Never knew that. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    People actually pay for games? I just get them free from LoveFilm.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like the visual aspect of darksiders, it looks very comicbooky The story... well I'm already confused about the council the destroyer and all that malarchy... well I'll just trophy whore it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    We aim to please here in the PS3 thread

Bit boring, but they aways have been. Graphically they are pretty cool, but that's about it.

But for just £17.95 it is a good price and worth purchasing ;yep;

Maybe try the demo off of PSN. I think the 2010 one is on there, but don't quote me there... Have a ganders
    2009 is on there, will have a go on that, see how it is, then probably order 2010 at some point.

(Original post by xeonman9000)
    LoveFilm are the best that I've used. If you are looking to rent games though I wouldn't bother, you never get the games really you want.

Boomerang are quite cheap, you can rent one game per month for £3.49 which isn't too bad if you don't play a lot.
    Really? What if I put down Ratchet and Clank [new] and Assassins Creed 2, how likely would i be to get them?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PSN bugging out for anyone at the moment? Can't seem to hold a connection.

ReputationRep:
    I have just got an extra controller, Army of Two 40th Day, and created an account for my brother, but can't seem to be able to log him in, it will only let 1 sign in at a time. Is it not possible to have a user assigned/logged in to each controller like on the 360? Otherwise only 1 of us will get trophies and such for co-op games, and whoever isn't logged in won't be able to continue the game on their own profile if they want to play solo or with someone else online :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have just got an extra controller, Army of Two 40th Day, and created an account for my brother, but can't seem to be able to log him in, it will only let 1 sign in at a time. Is it not possible to have a user assigned/logged in to each controller like on the 360? Otherwise only 1 of us will get trophies and such for co-op games, and whoever isn't logged in won't be able to continue the game on their own profile if they want to play solo or with someone else online :confused:
    Some games allow this, but many don't. AFAIK, Army of Two falls into the latter category.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.