Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    As enjoyable as LBP is, I shall refrain from buying it just yet. A friend has lent me Killzone 2 and the first Uncharted to play through, I really have more than enough games for now...must keep telling myself that!
    Must stop downloading demos to tempt me!
    You're missing out mate, it's a friggin brilliant game! KZ2 is as well but I wouldn't say its as good...

Just out of interest how many games you got now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You're missing out mate, it's a friggin brilliant game! KZ2 is as well but I wouldn't say its as good...

Just out of interest how many games you got now?
    I have Mirrors Edge, NFS Shift, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 in the post (to play with my brother for old times sake ), then Uncharted 2 which my friend is borrowing why I borrow Uncharted and KZ2. More than enough to keep me occupied till BS2, but I just want more :p:

ReputationRep:
    ModNation Beta Release
    Full article
    Hi everyone,

My name is James Grieve and I am the Technical Director on ModNation Racers here at United Front Games in Vancouver, Canada. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you in preparation for the unleashing of the ModNation Racers European Public Beta.

As a lot of you may have heard, the response to the North American beta has been amazing. With tens of thousands of creations published and almost 100,000 online races run, the team here has been amazed at how people have taken to the game. The creativity of players’ creations just blew us away … there was stuff in there even we had never thought of doing

We have also received a ton of useful feedback from players, and likewise we hope to hear from all of you. The team is hard at work finishing the game now, and a lot of that feedback is being listened to and addressed. One of the key focuses of the beta has been online stability and load testing. The data we have gathered has been very useful in this regard and the European data will be even more so. We have already used some of this data to tweak our server configurations, so hopefully things should be running nice and smooth. We’re continuing our frame rate optimisations and load time improvements, and these will be ready for the final game.

One thing we were disappointed in was that we weren’t able to release the European Public Beta simultaneously with the North American version. Because of this, we have decided to open up a couple of new tracks and we hope you really like them. They will give you a taste for a little more of what the ModNation Racers experience will have to offer and hopefully they make up for the wait

I also just heard that the Public Beta will be released in Australia and New Zealand as well. Although I’ve been in Vancouver for a few years now, I am still an Australian at heart, so I am very happy all my compatriots will be able to join in the fun

Anyway, remember to log in to PSN January 21 to get in line for the download. We look forward to being even more surprised by all the creative and exciting stuff that goes on and hope everyone in Europe has a great time in ModNation!

James
    It looks like we're finally getting the ModNation Racers beta with today's PSN update! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    ModNation Beta Release
    Full article
    Hi everyone,

My name is James Grieve and I am the Technical Director on ModNation Racers here at United Front Games in Vancouver, Canada. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you in preparation for the unleashing of the ModNation Racers European Public Beta.

As a lot of you may have heard, the response to the North American beta has been amazing. With tens of thousands of creations published and almost 100,000 online races run, the team here has been amazed at how people have taken to the game. The creativity of players’ creations just blew us away … there was stuff in there even we had never thought of doing

We have also received a ton of useful feedback from players, and likewise we hope to hear from all of you. The team is hard at work finishing the game now, and a lot of that feedback is being listened to and addressed. One of the key focuses of the beta has been online stability and load testing. The data we have gathered has been very useful in this regard and the European data will be even more so. We have already used some of this data to tweak our server configurations, so hopefully things should be running nice and smooth. We’re continuing our frame rate optimisations and load time improvements, and these will be ready for the final game.

One thing we were disappointed in was that we weren’t able to release the European Public Beta simultaneously with the North American version. Because of this, we have decided to open up a couple of new tracks and we hope you really like them. They will give you a taste for a little more of what the ModNation Racers experience will have to offer and hopefully they make up for the wait

I also just heard that the Public Beta will be released in Australia and New Zealand as well. Although I’ve been in Vancouver for a few years now, I am still an Australian at heart, so I am very happy all my compatriots will be able to join in the fun

Anyway, remember to log in to PSN January 21 to get in line for the download. We look forward to being even more surprised by all the creative and exciting stuff that goes on and hope everyone in Europe has a great time in ModNation!

James
    It looks like we're finally getting the ModNation Racers beta with today's PSN update! :woo:
    Tis mint! Slow loading times and stuff but it is only a beta. Have fun spending hours designing your car! I know I did
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd download it but, I'm totally foccussed on Fifa 10, t'is unreal. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I'd download it but, I'm totally foccussed on Fifa 10, t'is unreal. :indiff:
    Do so as early as you can, as from a closer look at the story that I linked to I think there are only a limited number of places available in the Beta. I'm not sure that I'll be able to be quick enough.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm Modnation :coma:

Bloody update 5.13 is it?... took about 800 years to download. :mad:

100,000 places on the beta isn't there? Just imagine all those smucks who are going to miss out because they work today.. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm downloading it now...have I definitely got it, or is there a chance when it finishes and installs I'll be too late?

ReputationRep:
    I think they only let you download it if you are within the first 100,000 people.. After then i presume it won't download or be taken down from the PSN

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I love how fast paced it is! I've yet to get into the creating bit.
    Does anyone know, is the 'Current ModSpot' just like a random server you get put into? When I first went on it was just me, then after I did a quick race, there were around 15 other people there. Is there anywhere that gives you some detailed info on how it all works?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/21/fina...-4/#more-75851

:woo: I know what I'm doing in my Easter holidays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/21/fina...-4/#more-75851

:woo: I know what I'm doing in my Easter holidays!
    :yeah:

Tbf I'll be spending my Easter holidays with FFXIII! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops... If i am to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Can I ask an economics question? Actually I might have 2...

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask an economics question? Actually I might have 2...
    Course you can. I must warn you that I suck at Economics though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Hmmmm Modnation :coma:

Bloody update 5.13 is it?... took about 800 years to download. :mad:

100,000 places on the beta isn't there? Just imagine all those smucks who are going to miss out because they work today.. :lol:
    :rant: It'll probably be full by the time i get a chance to check! :mad2:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :rant: It'll probably be full by the time i get a chance to check! :mad2:
    I'm annoyed at having to download it all again cos the private beta has expired...but if you do get home and the beta is full (which tbh I doubt) I have it activated on one of my numerous accounts so I'll give it you...I can't recall why I made an account called Saddam Hussein but for some reason I did :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm annoyed at having to download it all again cos the private beta has expired...but if you do get home and the beta is full (which tbh I doubt) I have it activated on one of my numerous accounts so I'll give it you...I can't recall why I made an account called Saddam Hussein but for some reason I did :p:
    I'm surprised that no-one else had taken that name! :p:

It seems that I'm able to start downloading it at least, so hopefully that means I won't have to take you up on your offer. Thanks all the same though! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I'm downloading it now...have I definitely got it, or is there a chance when it finishes and installs I'll be too late?
    I'm sure I won't be the only one just a *little* bit annoyed if I find that I've downloaded 2GB of data pointlessly. Surely not even Sony can make that big a mistake, so I'm going to guess that it means that you (we :woo:) should definitely have it. :yep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.