Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I feel sorry for all those who got their pre-orders of GT5 cancelled... I only say that coz I missed out on that price, so if I couldn't have it, neither should anyone else :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    What's not realistic about it? Damage would be obvious but they're adding that in 5. Either way it seems to be the most realistic racer on the PS3. I don't know enough to compare with Forza.
    I just think the physics aren't as realistic as they might like people to believe while other games do a better job of it. Still, it'll be a 'must-have' and a lot of fun all the same I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    It's a bit funny you say that because the problem I have with the GT series is that it isn't very realistic at all, especially when compared to the likes of Forza (which I wish was on the PS3).
    In all fairness, the last real GT game was released four years ago, compared to Forza 2 which was released in 2007. I don't know how GT: Prologue is so I'm not sure if that's any different, but a lot has changed since that 'demo'.

I personally find GT a very (and possibly the most) realistic game, but that's just my opinion. If GT5 is released around the same time as Forza 3 then we'll see a very interesting race...

ReputationRep:
    I got my first platinum
    However it was only on Ashes Cricket 09 which must be one of the easiest platinums to date seeing as i only got it on thursday :o:
    At least i'm off the mark :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    I got my first platinum
    However it was only on Ashes Cricket 09 which must be one of the easiest platinums to date seeing as i only got it on thursday :o:
    Congrats :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbïns31770)
    I got my first platinum
    Well done!

I too will hopefully be off the mark soon. I'm currently replaying dead space, trying for the platinum (I been sick for the past few days, got nothing else to do!). I had it at 65% when I last left it around four months ago... got a few more trophies this afternoon... hopefully should get it in a few days :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Platinum Trophies obviously show how much work you've put into a game, but I'm not really a fan of them because they're not that original. As far as I know they're normally obtained after you get all the other Trophies in a game. Ah well, I like the Trophies though because they're a good measure of difficulty and the effort it took to gain them.

Saying that I doubt I'd ever get a platinum! Too much effort

ReputationRep:
    no effort required to platinum ashes cricket don't worry. You could do it in a day if you play on easy

ReputationRep:
    batman arkham asylum has been getting only 9+ reviews... which means either eidos has LOADS of money, or the game is good.

ReputationRep:
    Score for me!! Platinum number 3. Now I have to buy a new game as I have platinumed the three trophy games that I own - and have completed all the non trophy games.

I was thinking infamous but should I consider anything else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about bringing my PS3 with me to halls but I'm not sure what to do about what screen to use... I have a 42" plasma but don't really want to bring it to halls, so instead I'm thinking of a 24" LCD that can be used with my laptops, anyone have a brand preference for LCDs w/HDMI?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you can find one, and i mean if because they're like gold dust these days, a BenQ FP241W is the best choice, bar none, for a screen. I have one:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/monito...een-Monitor/p1

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my N64 to uni instead :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I took both my N64 and PS3. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I'm thinking about bringing my PS3 with me to halls but I'm not sure what to do about what screen to use... I have a 42" plasma but don't really want to bring it to halls, so instead I'm thinking of a 24" LCD that can be used with my laptops, anyone have a brand preference for LCDs w/HDMI?
    LG and Samsung do pretty good screens and decent value for money. I've got a nice little LG which has a cracking screen, however the speakers leave a lot to be desired but if you've got some PC speakers or the likes that'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    Score for me!! Platinum number 3. Now I have to buy a new game as I have platinumed the three trophy games that I own - and have completed all the non trophy games.

I was thinking infamous but should I consider anything else?
    infamous is f'king awesome, and the platinum is relatively easy to get as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I have a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD ( 24" ), which is pretty awesome. It has DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs with Optical Audio output. 1920x1200 resolution when using DVI or VGA and Full HD 1080p resolution with the PS3. You can also connect USB devices to it. And it's beautiful too!

ReputationRep:
    my gamery card thing isn't updating, and i don't know why

i'm plaing through fallout 3, and for some reason the sound keeps going fecked, and the characters aren't talking, and any explosions sound like *****. i've tried the game with 2 different discs and it's the same.. what's going on!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    I have a Samsung SyncMaster T240HD ( 24" ), which is pretty awesome. It has DVI, VGA and HDMI inputs with Optical Audio output. 1920x1200 resolution when using DVI or VGA and Full HD 1080p resolution with the PS3. You can also connect USB devices to it. And it's beautiful too!
    man that screen looks awesome... but it's more expensive than a ps3...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    man that screen looks awesome... but it's more expensive than a ps3...
    Yeah it is but it's definitely worth it! Actually, a friend of mine has the standard T240, and that is just as good. The only difference is that it lacks a remote control and 1:1 pixel mapping. A lot of people may argue that that's a big deal but I've played on his screen and you really cannot tell the difference (there's unnoticeable stretching); you're too busy marvelling at the size and beauty of the display itself. I think in hindsight I made the wrong decision and should've bought that model. That way I'd have a great display and loads of money to spend on games/blu rays!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.