Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its really bad atm, cant get any game

loads of peeps on official ps3 forum having problems too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    its really bad atm, cant get any game

loads of peeps on official ps3 forum having problems too
    Ive had 3 games tonight and not completed one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Ive had 3 games tonight and not completed one.
    not good is it

some overpaid ..... has released some software that doesnt even cut it, freezing my ps3 - wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    not good is it

some overpaid ..... has released some software that doesnt even cut it, freezing my ps3 - wtf
    Mine wasn't too bad after that poor start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Just make sure you get trophies for when you have to throw 5 enemies off the rooftops with some move, early on in the game, cos it's a ***** after....and obv choose max difficulty

And yea, this is quite an easy platinum :yep: [cos i, trophy whore, have it naturally :ninja:]
    Thanks for the tips - but it's 100 enemies that you have to get "High Falls" on, not 5! :bawling:

Edit: Ah, do you mean the stunt, not the trophy? You need to take out three enemies simultaneously with a high fall, and yes, that does seem unpleasantly hard! :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    :hello:
    How's Darksiders? Are the Zelda comparisons valid? I'm a huge fan of Zelda, but God of War isn't really my kind of game, so I'm torn on whether I'd like Darksiders.

(yes, I know I'm probably simplifying it too much by implying that Darksiders = Zelda + God of War :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    How's Darksiders? Are the Zelda comparisons valid? I'm a huge fan of Zelda, but God of War isn't really my kind of game, so I'm torn on whether I'd like Darksiders.

(yes, I know I'm probably simplifying it too much by implying that Darksiders = Zelda + God of War :p:)
    Well to be perfectly honest, I don't really like it anymore. The game is good in terms of mechanics, but the combat is so... boring. You have to hit people like 6-7 times before they die and you never feel as powerful as,say, a Kratos or Dante. My main issue is with the combat system. Also the game is not well paced, the first boss was so annoying and frustrating.

The story tries to be epic but fails miserably. The graphics... are okay I guess. But all the enemies are not that varied, they just have different skins in different areas.

Watch zero punctuation's review on the game.

The comparisons with zelda are absolutely spot on, it has puzzles which require you to use the weapon you got in that particular dungeon

Rent. Don't buy.

also platinuming infamous is a pain in the ass, in terms of blast shards and stunts.

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing Fifa 10 , and realised that its so much harder than Fifa 09 , most of my play is always cut out by the opposition.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned yet but

The GTA DLC is coming to PS3 soon ( Microsoft got owned after paying 50 million for an timed exclusivity :O: .

http://n4g.com/News-466323.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Fifa 10 is hard, until you master/perfect the through pass (triangle).. Then you can more or less piss over anyone & any team... :doh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad the DLC is coming to ps3 and pc, should put an end for all this exclusivity bull**** we've been having for the last 3-4 years. More people get to play a game= win for everyone.

I'm currently playing maximum 1 hour per day on my ps3, I don't think I will be able to get into MAG, it seems like a game you really need to sink in a few hours to get past the learning curve, like Warhawk... oh well, might get it over easter and get destroyed for 3 weeks of holidays
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Fifa 10 is hard, until you master/perfect the through pass (triangle).. Then you can more or less piss over anyone & any team... :doh:
    Depends on your opponent's formation and tactics too I think. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Im not getting Mag. I learnt my lesson with that crock of **** Killzone 2.

Not paying full price for a pile of gash ever again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Depends on your opponent's formation and tactics too I think. :holmes:
    Most online opponents i played didn't bother with tactics. All they do is a 5-3-2 formation, which has a crap default back line

Leaks likes a teabag.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe Microsoft paid 50 million though , and I heard that they also paid around 30 million for the exclusive Modern Warfare 2 maps , ( which funnily enough are only exclusive for 30 days :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Can't believe Microsoft paid 50 million though , and I heard that they also paid around 30 million for the exclusive Modern Warfare 2 maps , ( which funnily enough are only exclusive for 30 days :lol: )
    To be fair though, Bill Gates probably makes that money back in the time it takes us to sneeze.... So i doubt he's bothered.

If he was going bankrupt, it would be funnier...

Gets the money from MS Points & then when those mugs buy the Maps..

Not such a mug, afterall. :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Most online opponents i played didn't bother with tactics. All they do is a 5-3-2 formation, which has a crap default back line

Leaks likes a teabag.
    Online has been awful for me today. :no:

Oh... also playing against friends are defaulted to unranked games, and you can't change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    probably worth it though, because MW 2 sold 3 times as much on 360 than on ps3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Online has been awful for me today. :no:

Oh... also playing against friends are defaulted to unranked games, and you can't change it.
    Laggy as hell?

Im sure there is a way to play friends in Ranked matches. I'll check when im near my PS3 later on.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Laggy as hell?

Im sure there is a way to play friends in Ranked matches. I'll check when im near my PS3 later on.
    That + hard games, or I was just playing ****.

ReputationRep:
    just admit it spikey, you suck at fifa 10

(I suck at pro evo 10 )

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.