Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    the T240HD has a TV tuner in, right?

my screen cost more than a PS3 and is just a screen. No speakers. Just a HELL of a lot of inputs, and an INCREDIBLE picture.

ReputationRep:
    I finally got Infamous, and i have to say it is effing awesome. Got it just in time as well, because moving house + 3 weeks without internet sucked ass.. Thank god for Infamous.

I had a heart stopping moment last week; My PS3 wouldn't turn on, thought it's time had come. But luckily the plug had not been plugged in properly by someone... :ninja:

Thank **** for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I finally got Infamous, and i have to say it is effing awesome. Got it just in time as well, because moving house + 3 weeks without internet sucked ass.. Thank god for Infamous.

I had a heart stopping moment last week; My PS3 wouldn't turn on, thought it's time had come. But luckily the plug had not been plugged in properly by someone... :ninja:

Thank **** for that.
    Are you still on your first one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    Are you still on your first one?
    Yeah, still on my first ps3 i bought Christmas 2007.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my first one aswell, although it might be in part down to the fact I don't run her for long periods of time or even all that frequently until recently. Lovely, lovely 60 gigger : hugs :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    the T240HD has a TV tuner in, right?

my screen cost more than a PS3 and is just a screen. No speakers. Just a HELL of a lot of inputs, and an INCREDIBLE picture.
    I know this has been asked many times before (mainly by me) but how do you get sound again?can you connect it via a pc speaker, or do you have sth else? :confused:

btw zedd... WHAT the hell is that sig about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    my gamery card thing isn't updating, and i don't know why
    If you didn't create an account, you have to do the manual on-the-go update. It's on their homepage where you just enter your email address and psn, and it should update it for you.

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's birthday it is today?! :woo:

Might finally get round to playing Prototype today! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    I'm not sure what answer you're looking for here...it's just a comic :p:

Ta for the lcd suggestions folks, I'll go have a look at them but I think how much a netbook/apple tablet (wishful thinking) will cost me is going to dictate how much I spend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I'm on my first one aswell, although it might be in part down to the fact I don't run her for long periods of time or even all that frequently until recently. Lovely, lovely 60 gigger : hugs :
    I run mine for stupid amounts of time(s) when i play it. Sometimes leave it on all day when i go out.

Hasn't seem to do any harm.

Makes a lovely change from leaving my 360 on all day, and coming home from going out and the piece of plastic crap had crashed & over heated big time. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    I'm not sure what answer you're looking for here...it's just a comic :p:
    I'd say whoever created that must have been smoking or sniffing something rather potent & nasty. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

Happy birthday, and happy slicing people up

ReputationRep:
    I know this has been asked many times before (mainly by me) but how do you get sound again?can you connect it via a pc speaker, or do you have sth else? :confused:

It's very simple, there are two outputs on the display, which will output the sound coming from your HDMI cable. They are analogue and digital out.

If you are using the VGA or DVI video inputs, no sound goes through the display so you are free to use whatever speakers you want, separate of the display.

ReputationRep:
    I faffed around for ages with RCA adapters and stuff to get sound out my screen before I realised I could just plug my PC speakers straight into the headphone socket lol. I only bother to do that if I'm playing a new game though, otherwise I just let quiet sound effects come from the crap monitor's speakers and play music through my PC. I have a 24" Hyundai W240D, cost nearly £350 last year in May. >.< Surprisingly it still costs over £300. Very good quality screen though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I run mine for stupid amounts of time(s) when i play it. Sometimes leave it on all day when i go out.

Hasn't seem to do any harm.

Makes a lovely change from leaving my 360 on all day, and coming home from going out and the piece of plastic crap had crashed & over heated big time. :ninja:
    Yeah, the PS3 is definitely more reliable than the 360 and has a better build quality (although I can only speak for the original 60GB). If I had to leave it on all day or night I wouldn't be too worried about it crashing (although I'd expect the wireless connection to be lost, the system seems quite bad for that tbh).

And the comic, it's from http://www.picturesforsadchildren.com/ I'm not even sure how I'd describe it but I enjoy reading them all the same because it's a bit off the wall :yep:

ReputationRep:

I just plug direct from my optical output into my amp which goes to my studio monitors , you can also use the vga cable into a stereo and have the hdmi for picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

Happy birthday :danceboy:

And also happy 6000th post day :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    I love my PS3

ReputationRep:
    What would some of us do without our PS3's...? Absolute godsend.

Now if only some women could be as perfectly created. :creep:

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday, and happy slicing people up
    Thanks! Haven't got round to Prototype yet - been too busy!

(Original post by Gaara.)
    Happy birthday :danceboy:

And also happy 6000th post day :rofl2:
    Thanks! :yy:

Didn't even notice the 6,000! :eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.