Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Voted. :yy:

Enjoy the demo. Make sure you play through the missions twice - especially the first mission as a lot might be different the second time you play it! :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

As slow as that game might be, especially for my taste, I enjoyed it...especially ARI and the fight sequences...
    You know when you say the first mission is that just the Private investigator and Lauren yeah?

I'm waiting for my HMV card to come through so I can get the special edition version of it and get like a fiver credit on the card too! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by humz2)
    The first time you play it it is the hardest....It really is impossible...But afterwards, you really do get the hang of it

But ye, a trained Spec Ops guy can't run and shoot at the same time :rolleyes:
    I completed Resi 4 on the Wii, not entirely sure why I can't even get Resi 5 started on the PS3... :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    OK, cool, thanks I've been ripping through it today, it's pretty tough in places, especially some of the tournament games (using the turret to shoot down 50 things being thrown at you).
    Have you tried the arcade machine yet? :ninja: See My Blaster Runs Hot trophy.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    x
    Have you got that trophy yet? :awesome:

(Original post by spikeymike)
    I completed Resi 4 on the Wii, not entirely sure why I can't even get Resi 5 started on the PS3... :holmes:
    Because its not on the Wii :ninja: :p:
    Maybe you were so dependent on the motion controls....Here's a good way to get you started then...Apparently, Resi 5 : Alternate Edition will support those Sony Magic Wand things :top: Get it then :yep:

Or you're just hopeless at it :p:

ReputationRep:
    did someone say heavy rain demo is on the usa ps3 store?

if so could someone kindly tell me how i proceed to download it? i guess i need a new psn id do i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    did someone say heavy rain demo is on the usa ps3 store?

if so could someone kindly tell me how i proceed to download it? i guess i need a new psn id do i?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=4905
    Follow the instructions. I gave up on it as it was so slow. Just going to wait until 11th when it's released officially on US PSN store (I think the one above you don't need a US account for, but if you get it from the 11th you willl).

Edit: I just tried that site again, already further than yesterday, looking hopeful!
    Edit 2: It worked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Spoiler:
    Show

As slow as that game might be, especially for my taste, I enjoyed it...especially ARI and the fight sequences...
    You know when you say the first mission is that just the Private investigator and Lauren yeah?
    Yeah that's the mission I meant. There's only one way to complete the tutorial tbf!

What's ARI?

(Original post by hobo06)
    Edit: I just tried that site again, already further than yesterday, looking hopeful!
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    downloading the Heavy Rain demo now too!

ReputationRep:
    Voted. :yy:

Enjoy the demo. Make sure you play through the missions twice - especially the first mission as a lot might be different the second time you play it! :yep:

Darksiders has been a nightmare! I swear all the devs who worked on this game were sadistic *******s!

• The tough monsters/bosses have way too much health/armour so it takes ages to kill them. This gets exceedingly dull after you've used the same system of attack 8 times and the boss is still alive!
    • The puzzles are so long! It's just gets so tiresome figuring out all these stupid puzzles and going back and forth from room to room! I've spent the past 2 hours it seems on the same gigantic puzzle! :nooo:
    • The combos get very repetitive and boring. Press square once to attack, press square twice to attack again, press square three times to do a super mega combo!!!

I'm just before the Tiamat boss battle if anyone knows what I'm talking about, the bit where you have to acquire three swords. The last one is just ridiculous. I was struggling my way past hordes of enemies and I get the final sword. I turn around, and two of the most insanely difficult enemies pop up behind me. I of course have barely any health left already at this point, and fighting one of these things by themselves is already hard enough! :facepalm2:

Now I have to do the fight all over again. :rant:

In regards to the puzzles, at least in Uncharted they give you very good clues as to what you have to do, but in Darksiders, all you get is a useless sidekick telling things that are never going to help you. Then, the puzzles just keep on going!

I guess I can switch the difficulty to easy, but there's no point playing if it gets too easy.
    [/rant]

Maybe I'll try out PixelJunk Monsters again tomorrow... :indiff:
    Yeah I found that bit difficult as well, persevere with it, and you will unlock a few new moves which makes combat easier, even if it remains tedious as hell. After the Tiamat boss I decided to just play the game for the trophies, I couldn't give a damn what was happening in the story.
    Also, BFBC2, wow... just played a game with mic on and teamwork, so good! Joining a game with friends is easy, there are no server issues, the voice chat works, and the destruction... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Good work lads

i have the code - where do i find the place to enter my code

ReputationRep:
    oh FFS! my code doesnt work in the redeem code bit :rant:

ReputationRep:
    PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP!! WHY IS MY DEMO CODE NOT WORKING AAAAAARGH lol

PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP!! WHY IS MY DEMO CODE NOT WORKING AAAAAARGH lol
    You must have put it in incorrectly :sad:

Hey everyone how good are these ?

I just managed to snag Darksiders for £23.10 and Assassins Creed 2 for £23.11 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No BS2 today :sad:
    And Heavy Rain demo says 578mins remaining to download...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Hey everyone how good are these ?

I just managed to snag Darksiders for £23.10 and Assassins Creed 2 for £23.11 :awesome:
    :zomg:

Where did you get AC2 from? I want it!!!

oh FFS! my code doesnt work in the redeem code bit :rant:
    Dunno. Make sure you're entering it correctly.

(Original post by hobo06)
    No BS2 today :sad:
    And Heavy Rain demo says 578mins remaining to download...
    Awwww :console:

:zomg:

Where did you get AC2 from? I want it!!!
    eBay :awesome: I just bidded for the fun of it and I thought I was going to lose but I won by 61p :awesome: Other AC2's are going for like £27+....But right now I think there's a bid ending in half an hour and it's at like £21 right now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I really should start looking at eBay auctions. I tend to go for Buy It Nows because I can't be arsed to wait and get into bid wars, but I have about £80 in my PayPal account from my 360 games I sold, may as well put it to good use!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I prefer HUKD and AVForums for PS3 games. :yep:

Cheaper IMO. Prices are negotiable, no bidding.

ReputationRep:
    :party:

downloading - i cant wait to play this game

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.