Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Illusionary)
    :woo: Congrats! :congrats:

I'll join in... platinumed inFamous! :king1: Number 4 :awesome:

Just got to do the final few side missions to round off my game (I got the trophy for them the first time through), then I'll be moving on... probably to Dragon Age.
    Aaah good :congrats: You were almost catching up to me :p:...
    My Assassins creed 2 came through the post this morning :ahee: Somehow I forgot to mention it on this thread :confused: But ye, it's much better than the first
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Edit: Just tipped over 5,000 posts when a thread got moved! :woo: Not the most impressive way to get there, admittedly... :facepalm2:
    More than me anyway. :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm content with my one platinum trophy for MW2 tbh. :pierre:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I'm content with my one platinum trophy for MW2 tbh. :pierre:
    :hand: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You can forward it for free. When it arrives at home, tell your parents or whoever to write "forward to: 'your address' ", and it will arrive at uni for free.
    I did this with my Natwest railcard and it got lost in the post :mad:

Was MAG worth paying full price for? Those of you out there who've got it.

I've got no games left to play, gonna try out the heavy rain demo soon though, could persuade me to buy that I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    I did this with my Natwest railcard and it got lost in the post :mad:

Was MAG worth paying full price for? Those of you out there who've got it.

I've got no games left to play, gonna try out the heavy rain demo soon though, could persuade me to buy that I guess.
    I guess you were just unlucky.

Yeah the Heavy Rain demo is very good. :yep:

Pixeljunk Monsters is awesome! :gah:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spoiler:
    Show

Edit: Just tipped over 5,000 posts when a thread got moved! :woo: Not the most impressive way to get there, admittedly... :facepalm2:
    5K posts in 4 and half ish years? :indiff:

Check my post count... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    5K posts in 4 and half ish years? :indiff:

Check my post count... :facepalm2:
    I wasn't always that active on the site, and I wonder how many of yours are from spamming posting in the Tech Society?

Anyway, who said it was a competition? :p: I just thought it was just a milestone worth recognising... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know what delivery companies (Not Royal Mail) do when they can't get a signature i.e. there's no-one at home. I just ordered my iPod touch :sogood: at 7PM tonight and it's already been dispatched with a delivery date of tomorrow! I got 2 lectures tomorrow one of which isn't that important but the other is...and knowing my luck it's gonna arrive probable 2 mins after I head out of the door
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Your rep gave me my 4th yellow. :gah:

Thankies.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Hey does anyone know what delivery companies (Not Royal Mail) do when they can't get a signature i.e. there's no-one at home. I just ordered my iPod touch :sogood: at 7PM tonight and it's already been dispatched with a delivery date of tomorrow! I got 2 lectures tomorrow one of which isn't that important but the other is...and knowing my luck it's gonna arrive probable 2 mins after I head out of the door
    Return it to the nearest depot, then probably you'd have to re-arrange delivery.

ReputationRep:
    Your rep gave me my 4th yellow. :gah:

Thankies.
    :awesome:

"Gold" sounds better than "yellow", btw. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Return it to the nearest depot, then probably you'd have to re-arrange delivery.
    They best not

I'll beat them like a Piñata if they do...especially cos they say any orders after 6PM roll over to the next day or something like that. I bet they think I'll be happy....but I won't be.

Maybe they'll drop it off at the Royal Mail depot which is like 2 mins walk from my house or is that wishful thinking??

ReputationRep:
    You can either collect it from the sorting office, have it delivered to your nearest post office for a fee for you to collect, or you can re-arrange delivery for free, over the phone or online. If you re-arrange it they probably won't let you do it for the next day, but from the day after.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere secure that you could ask them to leave it (with a neighbour, perhaps)? *If* you're comfortable with it being left then you can sign a note and leave it for them; many couriers are happy to act on the basis of a signed note. Otherwise, they'll leave a card to let you know that they tried to deliver and you can arrange for a alternative delivery time.

Enjoy the iPod when it arrives! :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    You can either collect it from the sorting office, have it delivered to your nearest post office for a fee for you to collect, or you can re-arrange delivery for free, over the phone or online. If you re-arrange it they probably won't let you do it for the next day, but from the day after.
    The chances are stacked against me, 35% chance that I won't be home when the dude comes along...though tbh that's just a rough guess. Unless I had the mean time that they deliver items I can't model it as a Normal Distribution to see what the chances of him delivering it would be while I'm out.
    Hmmm...maybe, just maybe I have spent a little too long on this. Oh well I'll have to hope I'm home while he delivers it cos I don't wanna pay extra! :p:

ReputationRep:
    The chances are stacked against me, 35% chance that I won't be home when the dude comes along...though tbh that's just a rough guess. Unless I had the mean time that they deliver items I can't model it as a Normal Distribution to see what the chances of him delivering it would be while I'm out.
    Hmmm...maybe, just maybe I have spent a little too long on this. Oh well I'll have to hope I'm home while he delivers it cos I don't wanna pay extra! :p:
    I think it's more than just a maybe... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere secure that you could ask them to leave it (with a neighbour, perhaps)? *If* you're comfortable with it being left then you can sign a note and leave it for them; many couriers are happy to act on the basis of a signed note. Otherwise, they'll leave a card to let you know that they tried to deliver and you can arrange for a alternative delivery time.
    :holmes: It's a good idea, however we don't like our next door neighbours (cos she's objected to our kitchen extension which tbh is dumb cos it won't affect her ONE BIT! ) and the other neighbour (who I don't mind really cos they're alright) is never home. Though obviously the people across the road I haven't thought about! :cool: We know one of them well enough so if it does come to that I will indeed do that! And if they don't give me the iPod I'll just kindap of their children, and say you told me to do it.
    Cheers :woo:

Enjoy the iPod when it arrives! :top:
    It will be my first ever iPod thingy...bit behind the times and I was against Apple for ages.

ReputationRep:
    It will be my first ever iPod thingy...bit behind the times and I was against Apple for ages.
    Do you currently use iTunes? If not, it does take a bit of getting used to (I wasn't particularly happy with it at first when I got my Nano), but IMO it's worth it as the players themselves are great.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Do you currently use iTunes? If not, it does take a bit of getting used to (I wasn't particularly happy with it at first when I got my Nano), but IMO it's worth it as the players themselves are great.
    I don't like the earphones you get with the Nano, I much prefer the in-ear earphones... Sennheiser CX300 II's ftw! :awesome:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.