Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Do you currently use iTunes? If not, it does take a bit of getting used to (I wasn't particularly happy with it at first when I got my Nano), but IMO it's worth it as the players themselves are great.
    I've got it installed (I only installed it to try to help someone with a problem they had with iTunes but then I tried to get it to organise my mini collection of music on my laptop and it kinda failed completely. Couple of albums from the Ministry of Sound, Now 74 and some other ones and it didn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I've got it installed (I only installed it to try to help someone with a problem they had with iTunes but then I tried to get it to organise my mini collection of music on my laptop and it kinda failed completely. Couple of albums from the Ministry of Sound, Now 74 and some other ones and it didn't work
    Re-rip the problematic tracks using iTunes if you have the CDs? They're probably in a format that iTunes doesn't like, for whatever reason. It's pickiness about some formats is part of I'm not as keen on it as I might be...

That, or just convert the files to standard MP3. I'm pretty sure that Audacity should be able to do this, among many other conversion programs.

ReputationRep:
    Re-rip the tracks using iTunes if you have the CDs? That, or just convert the files to standard MP3. I'm sure that Audacity should be able to do this, among many other conversion programs.
    Thing is, Windows Media Player can rip them to MP3 format and all their details (album, artist, composer etc) were kept intact...I would have thought they'd be easy to sort cos WMP does it fine...
    Basically it's managed to bring up the same album about 20 times and in each of those it has a different artist. I'll try installing the 64bit version to see if it helps...but tbh I don't think it'll make a difference. The plan was to put all my music onto the iPod, some ~15gb worth of music onto it so I really can't afford to rip (and re-borrow) the music again....it will take forever!

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, Windows Media Player can rip them to MP3 format and all their details (album, artist, composer etc) were kept intact...I would have thought they'd be easy to sort cos WMP does it fine...
    Basically it's managed to bring up the same album about 20 times and in each of those it has a different artist. I'll try installing the 64bit version to see if it helps...but tbh I don't think it'll make a difference. The plan was to put all my music onto the iPod, some ~15gb worth of music onto it so I really can't afford to rip (and re-borrow) the music again....it will take forever!
    Oh, that can be fixed... hang on a minute.

Edit: Select all the relevant tracks in iTunes - Right click - > Get Info -> Info tab -> Check the boxes for "Album Artist" and "Album" then type in the album name and "Various Artists" (or something similar).

Click OK and the tracks should now be grouped under a single album. Depending on the data that WMP has set, you may need to set a few more attributes to be the same (by checking the boxes), possibly under the "Sort" tab, but it does work.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh please do! Me and a mate of mine are sat in a chat room but he's on a Mac and I'm not and we can't figure it out :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh please do! Me and a mate of mine are sat in a chat room but he's on a Mac and I'm not and we can't figure it out :p:
    Edited above. :p:

ReputationRep:

Edit: Select all the relevant tracks in iTunes - Right click - > Get Info -> Info tab -> Check the boxes for "Album Artist" and "Album" then type in the album name and "Various Artists" (or something similar).

Click OK and the tracks should now be grouped under a single album. Depending on the data that WMP has set, you may need to set a few more attributes to be the same (by checking the boxes), possibly under the "Sort" tab, but it does work.
    :woo:

Yeah the 'Album Artist' box did the trick!

Thanks...

Guess I'll have to do it for all the VA albums but oh well...at least they'll be sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You can forward it for free. When it arrives at home, tell your parents or whoever to write "forward to: 'your address' ", and it will arrive at uni for free.
    Interesting. I can't find any info about that online though. Just the official redirect through the post office that redirects everything.

Does anyone need the 4x area on the LBP PoTC addon? This is the only bad thing about LBP. 4x areas that require no skill, just a lot of time required to arrange a run through the level to get them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Interesting. I can't find any info about that online though. Just the official redirect through the post office that redirects everything.

Does anyone need the 4x area on the LBP PoTC addon? This is the only bad thing about LBP. 4x areas that require no skill, just a lot of time required to arrange a run through the level to get them.
    Have you got 2 controllers? It's possible to position two people exactly in the middle of the 4 buttons, both jump at the same time, and all 4 buttons should depress long enough to work.

That's what I did anyway!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

I've done all of LBP except the community stuff - I'd be happy to help. I have 2 controllers, that's how I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, and I spent like half an hour sitting in the level with a random guy last night waiting for a third and fourth. I wish I'd known that.
    My second controller is at home, but I can borrow a flatmate's when I get time. I'll see if I can do that, if not I'll ask one of you guys with two controllers to help.
    But I've got a long day ahead so it's unlikely I'll do it today. But we'll see.

Assassins Creed 2 - Great Game

Problem - Eerytime I download the patch [77MB], it installs and then says an error occured and then I get a corrupted file below where my folder is for PSN downloaded games :confused: I'e tried twice so far...Happened to anyone else|?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do that two controller thing. Required two well timed jumps since the characters move left or right when you jumped. I even borrowed two controllers so that I'd only need to make one well timed jump, but it seems they've fixed that exploit because I definitely hit both buttons at once, combined with the two characters sitting on other buttons. The chest didn't open. I guess they changed the timing on the button events.

ReputationRep:
    My copy of Bioshock 2 hasn't arrived :thumbsdown: can't believe how excited I've been about this and I don't have it for release day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    My copy of Bioshock 2 hasn't arrived :thumbsdown: can't believe how excited I've been about this and I don't have it for release day lol
    Where did you order it from? Did they say it would be delivered for release day? If so, complain! Never know, might get something out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Where did you order it from? Did they say it would be delivered for release day? If so, complain! Never know, might get something out of it.
    My fiance got it for me as a surprise from HMV

It's been 'out for delivery' all day and I called Parcelforce who said it would definitely be delivered today

I take it back, got delivered 2 mins ago. The collectors edition is beautiful :love:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do that two controller thing. Required two well timed jumps since the characters move left or right when you jumped. I even borrowed two controllers so that I'd only need to make one well timed jump, but it seems they've fixed that exploit because I definitely hit both buttons at once, combined with the two characters sitting on other buttons. The chest didn't open. I guess they changed the timing on the button events.
    I did it literally two days ago. It definitely works! Just tap the X button really lightly so you barely even jump (that way you won't move left or right in the air).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    I did it literally two days ago. It definitely works! Just tap the X button really lightly so you barely even jump (that way you won't move left or right in the air).
    How long did it take you? If you have a spare five minutes...

I don't fancy bugging my flatmate for his controllers again lol. He's not even in now anyway.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm available. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you? If you have a spare five minutes...

I don't fancy bugging my flatmate for his controllers again lol. He's not even in now anyway.
    It took me about 5 minutes to get it right. Unfortunately I can't help you now cos my flatmates are using the TV, but I'm sure Mike can help

It'd be much easier doing it by yourself than with 2 people online though, as you have to jump at exactly the same time...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.