Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    not sure, i'm in mauritius right now, faaaar from my ps3 following the ea live blog on kotaku though...
    I am massively jealous!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I know... here's the link www.kotaku.com

:yep: see what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    :ditto:

You shouldn't be complaining Darkos!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Singstar home space! Does this mean Karaoke in Home?

More seriously: there's a PSN redesign coming Sept 1, with iPlayer and several other "channels" available.

ReputationRep:
    At last! Video download store coming in November with (HD) movies

ReputationRep:
    All my predictions coming thrue!!!!

ReputationRep:
    GT Portable free to new PSPGo owners . That's certainly added a lot of value.

ReputationRep:
    they are really bringing the big guns, Loads of great announcement on the psn/home/psp side... I think this conference is better than the ea one to a certain extent... especially in terms of new announcements.

ReputationRep:
    FAIL FAIL FAIL ps3 slim for 299 euros and 299 dollars FAIL FAIL FAIL

Why don't we get a price drop as well?!!!

http://kotaku.com/5340028/ps3-firmwa...themes-avatars

ReputationRep:
    FAIL FAIL FAIL ps3 slim for 299 FAIL FAIL FAIL
    Isn't the current one 399? The euro was weaker when the PS3 was released.

Anyway does anyone know when the Square Enix conference is? I can't wait for the FFXIV info.

ReputationRep:
    299 for a PS3 slim?

Are they having a lucking faugh?!

ReputationRep:
    They didn't announce a UK price but I doubt it will be £299. Maybe £250.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2: but bbc i player on psn menu?? and new redisgned psn :coma:
    Cant wait :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand why anyone who already has a PS3 would buy a PS3 Slim. I mean...it's not really THAT big that it's completely inconvenient is it? I guess some people just want the new thing though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I can wait.

Actually I can't but I'm going to have to because right now my PS3 won't connect to my WPA secured wifi. Think I'm going to go old school and find me a ruddy long network cable though, if I can.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy with the announcements that they made. The only thing that was missing was a firm release date for GT5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    I'm pretty happy with the announcements that they made. The only thing that was missing was a firm release date for GT5.
    I've been telling a couple of my friends to be holding out for the ps3 slim thinking it would be sold at 250 pounds... but unfortunately I don't think it will now... might tell them to get one of the 80gig ps3 during the clearance sales.

to be honest, sony has exceeded my expectations concerning the psp go... Before that conference I was like F*** you sony I'm not going to buy one of those machines, but with the smaller games, gt psp for 1st time buyers free, and the announcement of digital comic books (OMG NERDGASM) on the store, along with vid store being announced... I can definitely see how versatile my hypothetical psp go would be...

PS3-wise, the firmware update looks great, now if we can only get friend invites to work better, I would love sony even more.

If sony had announced GT 5 for Dec 09, I think sony would sell a ton more consoles than microsoft these holidays in the eu region.

ReputationRep:
    I've been telling a couple of my friends to be holding out for the ps3 slim thinking it would be sold at 250 pounds... but unfortunately I don't think it will now... might tell them to get one of the 80gig ps3 during the clearance sales.

to be honest, sony has exceeded my expectations concerning the psp go... Before that conference I was like F*** you sony I'm not going to buy one of those machines, but with the smaller games, gt psp for 1st time buyers free, and the announcement of digital comic books (OMG NERDGASM) on the store, along with vid store being announced... I can definitely see how versatile my hypothetical psp go would be...

PS3-wise, the firmware update looks great, now if we can only get friend invites to work better, I would love sony even more.

If sony had announced GT 5 for Dec 09, I think sony would sell a ton more consoles than microsoft these holidays in the eu region.
    Apparently it is, RRP £249.99 http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Cont...1&NewsAreaID=2 about 2/3rd of the way down talks about the price reduction and new models, it states the UK price as being £249.99.

Also about the release date for GT 5, im thinking they're saving that for the TGS seeing as how GT 5 is being developed over their and Sony will want to save some announcement for that show. Also September being closer to GT 5 supposed December release date may help , but dunno thats just my guess work anywayz.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for a while for the slim.

Now I can get my own PS3, rather than using my older brother's

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is £250.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.