Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Is it just me or is heavy rain exactly the same as a game called farenheit ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-Fahren.../dp/B0009WXQ96) on the ps2?

That was a pretty decent game tbh, the only problem I had with it was no matter what you did the story would always converge at the same points so there wasn't anything you could do to change the way things worked out.
    Made by the same company.

Darksiders has FINALLY arrived at my house :facepalm2: Smudges on the disc and very poor dispatch time :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jobo3)
    Is it just me or is heavy rain exactly the same as a game called farenheit ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-Fahren.../dp/B0009WXQ96) on the ps2?

That was a pretty decent game tbh, the only problem I had with it was no matter what you did the story would always converge at the same points so there wasn't anything you could do to change the way things worked out.
    You're exactly right, it's made by the same developers. Heavy Rain looks amazing but I'm sorta put off having played Fahrenheit. While it was pretty good, and technically accomplished for a PS2 game, it was marred by a quite frankly barmy plot and some very iffy set pieces. Also I seem to recall a fairly embarrassing sex scene on a train.

So yeah, definitely sitting on the fence until I can read trusty Edge and GamesTM reviews standing next to the shelf in WHSmiths spragged out on the settee in front of the cosy fire-that's-not-actually-a-fire-but-a-glorified-hot-air-fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Darksiders has FINALLY arrived at my house :facepalm2: Smudges on the disc and very poor dispatch time :hmmm:
    Does the game work at least? :gasp:

Perhaps this is the time for negative (or at best neutral) feedback? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Flower is £2.39 for a week: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/60748...9-psn-was-6-29 :awesome:

Excuse me while I go and check out the rest of this weeks' update...

Edit: new (free) costumes for LBP are worth picking up as well, I reckon.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Flower is £2.39 for a week: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/60748...9-psn-was-6-29 :awesome:

Excuse me while I go and check out the rest of this weeks' update...

Edit: new (free) costumes for LBP are worth picking up as well, I reckon.
    Might just do it for the trophies... :woo:

New costumes you say? :sexface: :teeth: I have almost platinum'd LBP, need more level and author hearts. :indiff:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Just bought R&C Crack in Time for £16.05 from eBay. :ahee:
    Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time (PS3) £17.73 @ Amazon

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Might just do it for the trophies... :woo:

New costumes you say? :sexface: :teeth: I have almost platinum'd LBP, need more level and author hearts. :indiff:
    You've clearly not been spamming enough (non-TSR) forums! How about creating a few duplicate PSN accounts and using those to heart yourself if you're getting desperate?

ReputationRep:
    It's been that price for ages at Zavvi...

Does the game work at least? :gasp:

Perhaps this is the time for negative (or at best neutral) feedback? :p:
    I gave neutral but I didn't try it out yet :facepalm2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You've clearly not been spamming enough (non-TSR) forums! How about creating a few duplicate PSN accounts and using those to heart yourself if you're getting desperate?
    I have been spamming one forum. :ninja:

I'd need 30 PSN accounts. :holmes:

Edit:
    Make that 2 forums now. :ninja:

(Original post by humz2)
    I gave neutral but I didn't try it out yet :facepalm2:
    Try the game, then leave feedback. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to buy Flower without spending a fiver on the PSN store? I just want to pay 2.39, not 5.00 damn it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Is it possible to buy Flower without spending a fiver on the PSN store? I just want to pay 2.39, not 5.00 damn it.
    I don't think so, though you could just buy something else at the same time? That, or have a pleasant surprise next time you go to buy something.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so, though you could just buy something else at the same time? That, or have a pleasant surprise next time you go to buy something.
    Yeah I could buy something else but I really don't know what :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Yeah I could buy something else but I really don't know what :confused:
    noby noby boy ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I posted that price on here, that's why I made sure to have made a saving of like £1.50 to make eBay worthwhile! :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh god. my ps3 has been really slow today. it takes ages to load the xmb and sign in to psnetwork.
    i hope it was the fact that i was downloading a demo that was making it slow. i paused it and it seemed to have cleared the problem and its back to normal. but its never been so slow before when i have downloaded stuff

edit: its the heavy rain demo. so i dont know if its because its just come on the psn store and theres a lot of people downloading it.
    its got to 88% and now its not going anywhere. i may have to cancel it and download another day

(Original post by spikeymike)
    Try the game, then leave feedback. :facepalm2:
    Works perfectly :party: [Darksiders]

I'm really into the story :teeth: It has the 'WTF' factor :eek:

I like Assassin's Creed 2 a bit better but that doesn't mean Darksiders is a great game.....

ReputationRep:
    Just downloaded the Heavy Rain demo and I can't wait for the game's release. I love narrative-led games and it looks like this will be the ultimate example of one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Works perfectly :party: [Darksiders]

I'm really into the story :teeth: It has the 'WTF' factor :eek:

I like Assassin's Creed 2 a bit better but that doesn't mean Darksiders is a great game.....
    I'm loving ACII at the moment. So much bigger and better than the first one, and I still loved the first game!

Darksiders however... :no:

(Original post by FyreFight)
    Just downloaded the Heavy Rain demo and I can't wait for the game's release. I love narrative-led games and it looks like this will be the ultimate example of one.
    Yep, it's going to be awesome! :coma:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.