Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    With Bioshock 2, I pre-ordered with HMV. They gave me an incorrect tracking number so Parcelforce didn't know where it was and neither did HMV. It arrived at 8PM on release day. So not the best experience imo :yep:
    Sounds like a bad experience! On the positive though, it did arrive on release day. Better that than the day after!

ReputationRep:
    went with hmv in the end

43 quid for the special edition - i hope it comes early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    went with hmv in the end

43 quid for the special edition - i hope it comes early
    Good choice! Tell me what the Special Edition's like when you play it and get all the extras!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Good choice! Tell me what the Special Edition's like when you play it and get all the extras!
    will do buddy

wasnt ignoring your advice - i just wanted the free downloadable content when it comes out - if thats what it is, and was only £2 more

i dont really care about the music or the theme tbh

but will let you no how it is in terms of delivery as thats probably my main concern

ReputationRep:
    Say i have a movie on the lapop that requires some sort of subtitle <like when aliens talk in district 9 for example> and this movie on my laptop was downloaded legally from rapidshare so all is above board - how can i ensure that the movie will play subtitles on the ps3?

hope you get what i am trying to say

ReputationRep:
    Legally from Rapidshare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Legally from Rapidshare?
    you do realise it hosts legal files dont you?!

ReputationRep:
    you do realise it hosts legal files dont you?!
    It depends on whether the subs are encoded in already or you have a .srt file.

Answer this and i'll tell you more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    It depends on whether the subs are encoded in already or you have a .srt file.

Answer this and i'll tell you more
    say for example the page i downloaded from - said that my movie was to contain

"subtitles - English, Hardcoded for foreign parts "

what would that say to you, it would be fine to stream from the laptop to ps3

ReputationRep:
    say for example the page i downloaded from - said that my movie was to contain

"subtitles - English, Hardcoded for foreign parts "

what would that say to you, it would be fine to stream from the laptop to ps3
    Its says you shouldn't be downloading illegally...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I kid I kid :p:... if it says its hardcoded, the subtitles should be there already there on the movie file, what kind of file is it .avi/mp4/etc.??

and what size is it?

ReputationRep:
    Its says you shouldn't be downloading illegally...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I kid I kid ... if it says its hardcoded, the subtitles should be there already there on the movie file, what kind of file is it .avi/mp4/etc.??

and what size is it?
    its a 720p <not sure what file type as not completed yet>

ReputationRep:
    its a 720p <not sure what file type as not completed yet>
    oh, most likely a .mkv then

ReputationRep:
    oh, most likely a .mkv then
    not for long as it will be mkv -> vob 'ed

ReputationRep:
    will do buddy

wasnt ignoring your advice - i just wanted the free downloadable content when it comes out - if thats what it is, and was only £2 more

i dont really care about the music or the theme tbh

but will let you no how it is in terms of delivery as thats probably my main concern
    Thanks
    Haha to be honest the advice wasn't any good anyway - fair enough! I would have gone for HMV anyway, had I not had £10 off for GAME!

ReputationRep:
    not for long as it will be mkv -> vob 'ed

Does the ps3 not stream mkv files? (I know it doesn't play off HDD) I thought it could....

if you want to use mkv2vob, I think you are gonna need the .srt file, that's what I needed anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have problems with FIFA online team play? I can't invite more than 1 person... and going to the lobby doesn't seem to work either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    x
    Spamming much? :hmmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Spamming much? :hmmm:
    :lol: It's just one post... :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    can anybody here please explain to me the ranking system for uncharted 2 multiplayer. i was thinking you ranked up 1,2,3,4,5 etc all the way up to 60. but then iv seen some with other rank badges, with roman numerals and other stuff i think.
    is this like prestige in mw?

i tried googling, but i realised it may be easier to ask in here.

thanks~

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069066p1.html

Uncharted 2's getting a load of new DLC, it would seem. It's all multiplayer content, including new maps, skins, trophies and medals, and is to be themed around Drake's Fortune. Dated for two weeks' time in the US, though I haven't seen confirmation of whether we'll be getting it at the same time.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.