Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    can anybody here please explain to me the ranking system for uncharted 2 multiplayer. i was thinking you ranked up 1,2,3,4,5 etc all the way up to 60. but then iv seen some with other rank badges, with roman numerals and other stuff i think.
    is this like prestige in mw?

i tried googling, but i realised it may be easier to ask in here.

thanks~
    Levels 51 to 60 get Roman numeral rank badges, I believe:
    • Level 51 = I
    • Level 52 = II
    • Level 59 = IX
    • Level 60 = X

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    say for example the page i downloaded from - said that my movie was to contain

"subtitles - English, Hardcoded for foreign parts "

what would that say to you, it would be fine to stream from the laptop to ps3
    It'll be fine, District 9 just has loads of subtitling for when the aliens speak. It'll all be built into the video file. Just be careful with a downloaded version though, a lot of the versions of DIstrict 9 floating around the internet are from an R5 copy, and have hardcoded russian subtitles when the aliens speak. Pain in the arse really.

Good film though, saw it in the cinema and was pleasantly surprised. Bit slow (but still interesting) for the first 20 minutes then really picks up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Levels 51 to 60 get Roman numeral rank badges, I believe:
    • Level 51 = I
    • Level 52 = II
    • Level 59 = IX
    • Level 60 = X
    ah oky dokes. thank you~

I'm such a trophy whore...Got like 5 platinums on the way hopefully before GOW3 gets released :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    pff my ps3 broke down again. I'm a bit annoyed because it didn't last 3 months, and I have heavy rain preordered on top of that, and I really wanted to play it.

Anyway I have been looking at xbox 360 this year: Mass effect 2, Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Gears of War 3... sounds like I may finally buy an xbox this year

I'm thinking of getting the ps3 in March when they bundle it with god of war 3 hopefully. Else are there any good ps3 deals atm?

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me but when you watch bbc 1 on iplayer do you get a picture I just seems to get the sound only but works fine for bbc 2/3/4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Could any of you guys watch this advert for me ? :P

http://www.kingtastyshirts.com/?e=35...bd20e24f0c050a

Free Shirt .

(If you have a link , I'll watch yours )
    Watched :yy:
    I would do it, but you need to be over 18, and I can't be bothered lying about my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Watched :yy:
    I would do it, but you need to be over 18, and I can't be bothered lying about my age.
    :lol: , I watched yours on the other thread

ReputationRep:
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    pff my ps3 broke down again. I'm a bit annoyed because it didn't last 3 months, and I have heavy rain preordered on top of that, and I really wanted to play it.

Anyway I have been looking at xbox 360 this year: Mass effect 2, Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Gears of War 3... sounds like I may finally buy an xbox this year

I'm thinking of getting the ps3 in March when they bundle it with god of war 3 hopefully. Else are there any good ps3 deals atm?
    You didn't but a warranty when you got your new one? :lolwut:

Have look on Amazon. They usually have good deals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)

Gears of War 3 is coming out this year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Gears of War 3 is coming out this year?!
    AFAIK it was rumoured to be released Q4 2010...

Chances are it will get knocked back into 2011 though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't recommend Flower. Feel sorry for whoever payed £6~ for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I did :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    What's the matter? Too deep for you?

ReputationRep:
    Me. :sigh:

Anyone completed ACII?

If so, could you tell me (without spoiling anything) if you are still allowed to roam the city freely once you complete the game (to collect feathers and stuff)?

Cheers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    I did :getmecoat:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    If you enjoyed it, then it would probably be worth £6. But I just HATE how they make this game and they throw you into the deep end of a swimming pool. Not that it took me long to figure what to do...

(Original post by Phalanx)
    What's the matter? Too deep for you?
    If were talking about depth of a swimming pool then yeah just a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)

Anyone completed ACII?

If so, could you tell me (without spoiling anything) if you are still allowed to roam the city freely once you complete the game (to collect feathers and stuff)?

Cheers.
    My ps3 broke and I had it repaired, but obviously it's not under warranty. I'll have a look at amazon, cheers.

As for ACII yes you are allowed to roam the city afterwards... I think.

And magnamity, Yes ABSOLUTELY GEARS 3 is coming this year

ReputationRep:
    hmm for some reason i cant download the heavy rain demo.
    it goes up to 88% then stops. i left it for about an hour and it didnt change.
    and when it gets stuck at 88% my playstation goes really slow.

i can download other things ok because i downloaded loads of videos and they were fine.
    i dont understand and i want to play the demo so bad
    i had to cancel it in order for my playstation to run smoothly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    hmm for some reason i cant download the heavy rain demo.
    it goes up to 88% then stops. i left it for about an hour and it didnt change.
    and when it gets stuck at 88% my playstation goes really slow.

i can download other things ok because i downloaded loads of videos and they were fine.
    i dont understand and i want to play the demo so bad
    i had to cancel it in order for my playstation to run smoothly.
    I had to download it twice because the first one kept resulting in corrupted data when I tried to install it. True story.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.