Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Do you have the link?

I want to get this game, but am no way paying full price for it.

Blockbuster are doing it for £14.99 when you trade in a selected game, but Blockbuster being the bright sparks that they are, DIDN'T put the games up on the advert that qualify.

:doh:
    See what you think: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bioshock-2_W0QQitemZ180470322327

I have a strong feeling that this comes under the "too good to be true" category. Take a look at their other items and you'll see what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)

I have a strong feeling that this comes under the "too good to be true" category. Take a look at their other items and you'll see what I mean.
    :beard:

Tempting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :beard:

Tempting...
    My point exactly. Supposedly, PayPal Buyer Protection means that there shouldn't be any major risk, but I've been burnt by them in the past.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just you wait guys, in a few days time, you'll see those number of negs rise...

I only buy from people of at least 99% or are top sellers.

ReputationRep:

Aye, does look a bit dodgy.

Well it was fine up until the dude states:

a freind of mine works for sony which is why i am selling these at such a low price, watch this space for more new releases

Smells awfully like a "fell off the back of a truck" type thing...

9 sold though, so i'd wait until there is some feedback from those buyers before doing it.. Fishy.

ReputationRep:

a freind of mine works for sony which is why i am selling these at such a low price, watch this space for more new releases

9 sold though, so i'd wait until there is some feedback from those buyers before doing it.. Fishy.

They'll all be gone by the time any feedback gets posted, I'm sure. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    They'll all be gone by the time any feedback gets posted, I'm sure. :sigh:
    True.

I would say it's only £15, but that adds up to quite alot if this dude sells all 30 of them & it is a scam.

Hard decision, for sure

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted by MW2 at £10...

My guess would be most likely 'off the back of a lorry' or something as Andrew said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I'm tempted by MW2 at £10...

My guess would be most likely 'off the back of a lorry' or something as Andrew said.
    :yep:

I just thought of something. This dude has stated these are "new copies that are sealed" but in no way has he said they are boxed or non-sample games.

And correct me if i am wrong, but Sony do get these "sample copies" of games sent to them in the dozens (maybe hundreds), that come in a sealed plain DVD box with red writing on the disc..

This is my theory, anyway.

Pretty good, i think.

Might be wrong, but it's the only way i can see this dude selling top new games for that price... Unless they are stolen, of course..

ReputationRep:
    **** it, a tenner ain't much lost if it does turn out to be a scam. And the money's been sitting in my PayPal account for weeks so I'm not missing it. Worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    **** it, a tenner ain't much lost if it does turn out to be a scam. And the money's been sitting in my PayPal account for weeks so I'm not missing it. Worth a shot.
    You can be our guinea pig :evil:

:p:

If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

I just thought of something. This dude has stated these are "new copies that are sealed" but in no way has he said they are boxed or non-sample games.

And correct me if i am wrong, but Sony do get these "sample copies" of games sent to them in the dozens (maybe hundreds), that come in a sealed plain DVD box with red writing on the disc..

This is my theory, anyway.

Pretty good, i think.

Might be wrong, but it's the only way i can see this dude selling top new games for that price... Unless they are stolen, of course..
    Good point...

I'm still intrigued, though. I've sent them a message asking them to prove the legitimacy of the auction. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You can be our guinea pig :evil:

:p:

If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes. :yep:
    Payment sent. Will keep you all posted. Only problem is if it doesn't arrive by Saturday I won't be on until next weekend. It's 1st class post but will dispatch within 5 working days.

Also, Fifa 10 says boxed. Though I guess that could mean any kind of box.

ReputationRep:
    Payment sent. Will keep you all posted. Only problem is if it doesn't arrive by Saturday I won't be on until next weekend. It's 1st class post but will dispatch within 5 working days.

Also, Fifa 10 says boxed. Though I guess that could mean any kind of box.
    Good luck! :yy:

ReputationRep:

I'm gonna ask him stuff...and maybe I'll buy however like Illusionary I too have been burnt before :nooo:
    I do approach Ebay with a lot vigilance...like mr Ninja :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    90 minute 'Darksiders' demo on the way

Interesting... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, just finished an epic FIFA 10 session, rounded off with a few inconsistent games against yunghamz. We both fluctuated quite a lot, some games going 5-2, then 2-5 and stuff, with a few goals in the first couple of minutes as well. I put it down to being 4am! Well played anyhow mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I'm gonna ask him stuff...and maybe I'll buy however like Illusionary I too have been burnt before :nooo:
    I do approach Ebay with a lot vigilance...like mr Ninja :ninja:
    The plot thickens...

They've reduced the price to £10 and are apparently trying to reassure people with a change to the listing description, though I think they got it slightly wrong:
    I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS FROM BUYERS ASKING ME WHETHER THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS
    :curious:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The plot thickens...

They've reduced the price to £10 and are apparently trying to reassure people with a change to the listing description, though I think they got it slightly wrong:

:curious:
    :facepalm2: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I sent him a question last night asking if it's the UK (PAL) version he's selling. He hasn't come back to me. :beard:

Andrew's theory is sound. The game might not be boxed.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.