This discussion is closed.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Do you have the link?

I want to get this game, but am no way paying full price for it.

Blockbuster are doing it for £14.99 when you trade in a selected game, but Blockbuster being the bright sparks that they are, DIDN'T put the games up on the advert that qualify.

:doh:
See what you think: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bioshock-2_W0QQitemZ180470322327

I have a strong feeling that this comes under the "too good to be true" category. Take a look at their other items and you'll see what I mean.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)

I have a strong feeling that this comes under the "too good to be true" category. Take a look at their other items and you'll see what I mean.
:beard:

Tempting...
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
:beard:

Tempting...
My point exactly. Supposedly, PayPal Buyer Protection means that there shouldn't be any major risk, but I've been burnt by them in the past.
spikeymike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just you wait guys, in a few days time, you'll see those number of negs rise...

I only buy from people of at least 99% or are top sellers.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Aye, does look a bit dodgy.

Well it was fine up until the dude states:

a freind of mine works for sony which is why i am selling these at such a low price, watch this space for more new releases

Smells awfully like a "fell off the back of a truck" type thing...

9 sold though, so i'd wait until there is some feedback from those buyers before doing it.. Fishy.

Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

a freind of mine works for sony which is why i am selling these at such a low price, watch this space for more new releases

9 sold though, so i'd wait until there is some feedback from those buyers before doing it.. Fishy.

They'll all be gone by the time any feedback gets posted, I'm sure. :sigh:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They'll all be gone by the time any feedback gets posted, I'm sure. :sigh:
True.

I would say it's only £15, but that adds up to quite alot if this dude sells all 30 of them & it is a scam.

Hard decision, for sure
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm tempted by MW2 at £10...

My guess would be most likely 'off the back of a lorry' or something as Andrew said.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
I'm tempted by MW2 at £10...

My guess would be most likely 'off the back of a lorry' or something as Andrew said.
:yep:

I just thought of something. This dude has stated these are "new copies that are sealed" but in no way has he said they are boxed or non-sample games.

And correct me if i am wrong, but Sony do get these "sample copies" of games sent to them in the dozens (maybe hundreds), that come in a sealed plain DVD box with red writing on the disc..

This is my theory, anyway.

Pretty good, i think.

Might be wrong, but it's the only way i can see this dude selling top new games for that price... Unless they are stolen, of course..
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** it, a tenner ain't much lost if it does turn out to be a scam. And the money's been sitting in my PayPal account for weeks so I'm not missing it. Worth a shot.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
**** it, a tenner ain't much lost if it does turn out to be a scam. And the money's been sitting in my PayPal account for weeks so I'm not missing it. Worth a shot.
You can be our guinea pig :evil:

:p:

If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes. :yep:
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:yep:

I just thought of something. This dude has stated these are "new copies that are sealed" but in no way has he said they are boxed or non-sample games.

And correct me if i am wrong, but Sony do get these "sample copies" of games sent to them in the dozens (maybe hundreds), that come in a sealed plain DVD box with red writing on the disc..

This is my theory, anyway.

Pretty good, i think.

Might be wrong, but it's the only way i can see this dude selling top new games for that price... Unless they are stolen, of course..
Good point...

I'm still intrigued, though. I've sent them a message asking them to prove the legitimacy of the auction. :holmes:
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You can be our guinea pig :evil:

:p:

If you decide to do it, let us know how it goes. :yep:
Payment sent. Will keep you all posted. Only problem is if it doesn't arrive by Saturday I won't be on until next weekend. It's 1st class post but will dispatch within 5 working days.

Also, Fifa 10 says boxed. Though I guess that could mean any kind of box.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Payment sent. Will keep you all posted. Only problem is if it doesn't arrive by Saturday I won't be on until next weekend. It's 1st class post but will dispatch within 5 working days.

Also, Fifa 10 says boxed. Though I guess that could mean any kind of box.
Good luck! :yy:
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I'm gonna ask him stuff...and maybe I'll buy however like Illusionary I too have been burnt before :nooo:
I do approach Ebay with a lot vigilance...like mr Ninja :ninja:
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
90 minute 'Darksiders' demo on the way

Interesting... :holmes:
aspiringmathematician
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh man, just finished an epic FIFA 10 session, rounded off with a few inconsistent games against yunghamz. We both fluctuated quite a lot, some games going 5-2, then 2-5 and stuff, with a few goals in the first couple of minutes as well. I put it down to being 4am! Well played anyhow mate.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
I'm gonna ask him stuff...and maybe I'll buy however like Illusionary I too have been burnt before :nooo:
I do approach Ebay with a lot vigilance...like mr Ninja :ninja:
The plot thickens...

They've reduced the price to £10 and are apparently trying to reassure people with a change to the listing description, though I think they got it slightly wrong:
I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS FROM BUYERS ASKING ME WHETHER THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS
:curious:
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
The plot thickens...

They've reduced the price to £10 and are apparently trying to reassure people with a change to the listing description, though I think they got it slightly wrong:

:curious:
:facepalm2: :facepalm2:
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I sent him a question last night asking if it's the UK (PAL) version he's selling. He hasn't come back to me. :beard:

Andrew's theory is sound. The game might not be boxed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads