Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt buy that. have you seen the massive chip/crack in the cover?!

Haha it's as fake as Chinatown's Armani gear :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    The plot thickens...

They've reduced the price to £10 and are apparently trying to reassure people with a change to the listing description, though I think they got it slightly wrong:

:curious:
    Is there any way you can assure me that this is in fact the real deal? It just seems too good to be true to be honest.

Thanks
    Well that's what I sent him as a message...so it seems I'm not the only one. But reducing the price is a dumb way of reassuring people...it just points to the fact they are stolen....

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    I sent him a question last night asking if it's the UK (PAL) version he's selling. He hasn't come back to me. :beard:

Andrew's theory is sound. The game might not be boxed.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180470322327

Have a look Geoff....he's changed the version to PAL (UK Standard).

And IIRC he's increased the quantity by 20.

And to make it worse he's changed the P&P to 2nd class and 'Will usually dispatch within 5 working days of receiving cleared payment.' Which is like just after the auction ends...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    i wouldnt buy that. have you seen the massive chip/crack in the cover?!
    You're being sarcastic right? (the crack is part of the box art)

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Well that's what I sent him as a message...so it seems I'm not the only one. But reducing the price is a dumb way of reassuring people...it just points to the fact they are stolen....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180470322327

Have a look Geoff....he's changed the version to PAL (UK Standard).

And IIRC he's increased the quantity by 20.

And to make it worse he's changed the P&P to 2nd class and 'Will usually dispatch within 5 working days of receiving cleared payment.' Which is like just after the auction ends...
    Damn, I would have purchased one if I had saw that. £10 ain't gonna hurt.

Still very shady though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    You're being sarcastic right? (the crack is part of the box art)

Damn, I would have purchased one if I had saw that. £10 ain't gonna hurt.

Still very shady though...

haha yes im being sarcastic ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS FROM BUYERS ASKING ME WHETHER THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS, I HAVE BEEN A SELLER ON EBAY FOR WELL OVER 6 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE A SELLER RATING OF OVER 50 AND PLEASE READ MY FEEDBACK TO CONFIRM THAT I AM GENUINE

doesn't make me feel any better to be honest.. The dude is clearly a mobile phone dealer (where he get's them could be questioned also, as they are rather cheap) and not a video game dealer..

Gone down to a £10 though.. I think my theory could be true. :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I HAVE HAD A FEW QUESTIONS FROM BUYERS ASKING ME WHETHER THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS, I HAVE BEEN A SELLER ON EBAY FOR WELL OVER 6 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE A SELLER RATING OF OVER 50 AND PLEASE READ MY FEEDBACK TO CONFIRM THAT I AM GENUINE

doesn't make me feel any better to be honest.. The dude is clearly a mobile phone dealer (where he get's them could be questioned also, as they are rather cheap) and not a video game dealer..

Gone down to a £10 though.. I think my theory could be true. :holmes:
    It could be a demo... burnt on to disc perhaps? If there is a demo that is...

ReputationRep:
    If I was that guys friend, and I have x amount of free copies of Bioshock 2 (excluding how ridiculous that is anyway) I would sell them myself, not give them to someone else to sell!! Nobody is that selfless. If I was considering buying I'd ask for a real life photograph of the game first tbh.

And he basically says in the description it's too good to be true! :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, what the guy is selling is these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOCOM-Confront...item3ca98b34aa

It's the full game, but on a promo disc that Sony & people who work for them & review sites receive for them to try out.

:holmes:

Well, that's what im going with anyway. Seeing as they are going for about £7.99-£10 a game.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, what the guy is selling is these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOCOM-Confront...item3ca98b34aa

It's the full game, but on a promo disc that Sony & people who work for them & review sites receive for them to try out.

:holmes:

Well, that's what im going with anyway. Seeing as they are going for about £7.99-£10 a game.
    Good investigating! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    If I was that guys friend, and I have x amount of free copies of Bioshock 2 (excluding how ridiculous that is anyway) I would sell them myself, not give them to someone else to sell!! Nobody is that selfless. If I was considering buying I'd ask for a real life photograph of the game first tbh.

And he basically says in the description it's too good to be true! :teehee:
    That's what I was thinking of asking him...but so far he's not replied to anyone's emails I don't think so no point.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wow, that puzzle on Chaper 9 on Uncharted 2 is epic! :lolwut:

(Original post by spikeymike)
    It is indeed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    the one where you have to turn reflect the light?

ReputationRep:
    eurgh i hated that chapter.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Best bit was falling off the top of that weird sword thing & splatting at the bottom. :ahee:

Got annoying after about 2 minutes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by montemoney)
    the one where you have to turn reflect the light?
    Yep.

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    eurgh i hated that chapter.
    Meh, it's easy IMO.

:ditto:

Best bit was falling off the top of that weird sword thing & splatting at the bottom. :ahee:

Got annoying after about 2 minutes.
    I did that. :ahee: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I also messaged that eBay guy last night, asking when he would dispatch it as I was hoping to get it before I go away at the weekend. No response yet.
    If it is these promo discs, how the hell would someone get so many copies, and all still sealed (as he claims)? Unless he genuinely does has a friend who works for Sony and had got hold of these leftover promos?
    It also seems the items have been re-listed with 2nd class post, and more copies added, rather than the actual listing having been changed. There are still copies of MW2 available from the listing I bought from, but it's ended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I also messaged that eBay guy last night, asking when he would dispatch it as I was hoping to get it before I go away at the weekend. No response yet.
    If it is these promo discs, how the hell would someone get so many copies, and all still sealed (as he claims)? Unless he genuinely does has a friend who works for Sony and had got hold of these leftover promos?
    It also seems the items have been re-listed with 2nd class post, and more copies added, rather than the actual listing having been changed. There are still copies of MW2 available from the listing I bought from, but it's ended.
    II'm still completely unconvinced on this, I think - especially after his amendments to the listing. I got no reply to my question either, and I see that it's ended now, anyway. :nothing:

ACII arrived today! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    PSN being a ***** tonight or just mine?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.