Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    PSN being a ***** tonight or just mine?
    I was able to patch ACII without problems about an hour ago, but haven't tried doing anything else using the PSN (or my PS3 at all) yet today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I was able to patch ACII without problems about an hour ago, but haven't tried doing anything else using the PSN (or my PS3 at all) yet today.
    Seems ok now that I've reset my net :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    II'm still completely unconvinced on this, I think - especially after his amendments to the listing. I got no reply to my question either, and I see that it's ended now, anyway. :nothing:

ACII arrived today! :awesome:
    I'm fairly optimistic, because if it turns out to be a scam, it's a ******* big scam, and he's going to be caught. I think there are very few people that stupid (though it is possible).
    And in his defence with the messages, I imagine he has had a lot, mostly along the same lines of 'oh my god is this legit?!!1!'...though it's his own fault, if it is legit, he could have easily upped the price and still sold them.

I think 2 options are most likely - promos (though how he would have so many sealed is a little odd, I don't know how much they usually sell for, so I've no idea about prices there), or stolen, which would explain the cheap prices, wanting to shift them quickly (though the 5 day dispatch does kind of contradict that).

Just have to wait and see I guess, it's only a tenner at the end of the day. Doesn't look like I'll find out till next weekend though :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Heavy rains crap, just played on the demo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I'm fairly optimistic, because if it turns out to be a scam, it's a ******* big scam, and he's going to be caught. I think there are very few people that stupid (though it is possible).
    And in his defence with the messages, I imagine he has had a lot, mostly along the same lines of 'oh my god is this legit?!!1!'...though it's his own fault, if it is legit, he could have easily upped the price and still sold them.

I think 2 options are most likely - promos (though how he would have so many sealed is a little odd, I don't know how much they usually sell for, so I've no idea about prices there), or stolen, which would explain the cheap prices, wanting to shift them quickly (though the 5 day dispatch does kind of contradict that).

Just have to wait and see I guess, it's only a tenner at the end of the day. Doesn't look like I'll find out till next weekend though :sad:
    Not that I consider it very likely, but if it does turn out to be legit then you've got yourself an awesome deal. You can always claim through PayPal that it's "significantly not as described" if necessary.

Looking again at their feedback history, I wonder what to make of one of their last purchases being a balaclava? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not that I consider it very likely, but if it does turn out to be legit then you've got yourself an awesome deal. You can always claim through PayPal that it's "significantly not as described" if necessary.

Looking again at their feedback history, I wonder what to make of one of their last purchases being a balaclava? :ninja:
    :rofl: I forgot to even look at his feedback as a buyer. I'm going for the theft option :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    PSN being a ***** tonight or just mine?
    I downloaded Uncharted 2 patch at around 5, was ok then, not tried since.

ReputationRep:

I'm guessing you've never tried getting your money back through Paypal then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I'm guessing you've never tried getting your money back through Paypal then?
    Twice, actually. :p:

Once it worked very smoothly; owever, the second time it took six months before I finally got the money back from my credit card provider.

ReputationRep:
    Twice, actually. :p:

Once it worked very smoothly; owever, the second time it took six months before I finally got the money back from my credit card provider.

I'm still waiting for my 10p back from some dude in China who sold me that piece of crap A to mini B cable. Doesn't even work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

I'm still waiting for my 10p back from some dude in China who sold me that piece of crap A to mini B cable. Doesn't even work!
    Actually, I was (in a way) very lucky the second time. The purchase was just over £100, which is the minimum threshold for section 74 of the Consumer Credit Act to come into play, making a credit card company jointly and severally liable for unfulfilled/faulty purchases, etc. Admittedly, when paying through a third party such as PayPal that's not watertight, but it worked for me. :dontknow:

10p (including shipping?) from China? That's impressively cheap, even if it didn't turn out well! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I was (in a way) very lucky the second time. The purchase was just over £100, which is the minimum threshold for section 74 of the Consumer Credit Act to come into play, making a credit card company jointly and severally liable for unfulfilled/faulty purchases, etc. Admittedly, when paying through a third party such as PayPal that's not watertight, but it worked for me. :dontknow:

10p (including shipping?) from China? That's impressively cheap, even if it didn't turn out well! :p:
    Yeah somehow I don't think I'm getting my 10p back...

And yeah it was free P&P...

Guess I could strangle someone with it...maybe the guy that caused me to fail my driving test...if I see that guy ever again.

ReputationRep:

Sony might make cross-game chat only available to those who pay a fee. Ridiculous if you ask me as people who are keen enough to pay for this feature probably won't be able to use it with many of their friends as not everyone is going to pay for it. Sony shooting themselves in the foot there.

ReputationRep:
    What a pile of ********.

360 sales to shoot up very soon... Me thinks.

Only a MUPPET would pay for that. :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone platinum'd Uncharted 2? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    And 1 :yep:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :yes: It's not that bad actually. If you can do it in Uncharted 1 (I haven't yet ), you shouldn't find it too hard to do in Uncharted 2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have platinum'd Uncharted 1.

You guys are aware of the new patch with the new trophies for Uncharted 2 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    What a pile of ********.

360 sales to shoot up very soon... Me thinks.

Only a MUPPET would pay for that. :lol:
    Just because of this? Nah I mean it's not like I've ever needed this kind of a chat room...it's a luxury for the xbox users but one we can do without...

ReputationRep:
    New trophies? B-b-b-b-ut i have already platinum'd number 2!! :mad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.