Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    How many MM saves do you have, for crying out loud?! I only have two; one for my real one (Liverpool), and the one I used to get the trophy for level 10 stadium (Real Madrid)!
    I have 3. 1 for Globetrotter trophy, 1 for the trophy were you had to get consecutive promotion, make a half star team into 5 stars within x seasons... and the other was a muck around when I first started playing Fifa.

On my Globetrotter save, the year is 2016, so all the players we recognise now in real life are retired or retiring. So, a new start is neccessary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I have 3. 1 for Globetrotter trophy, 1 for the trophy were you had to get consecutive promotion, make a half star team into 5 stars within x seasons... and the other was a muck around when I first started playing Fifa.

On my Globetrotter save, the year is 2016, so all the players we recognise now in real life are retired or retiring. So, a new start is neccessary!
    :ahee: That's OK then; I was worried you were going to say 20 or something!
    How's the half star team into 5 stars trophy going for you? Seems pretty hard, I have to say! What do you have to do? Win, get money, buy player with OVR80+, repeat for starting 11?

Is Giggs still playing in 2016? Wouldn't suprise me if he was to be honest.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :ahee: That's OK then; I was worried you were going to say 20 or something!
    How's the half star team into 5 stars trophy going for you? Seems pretty hard, I have to say! What do you have to do? Win, get money, buy player with OVR80+, repeat for starting 11?

Is Giggs still playing in 2016? Wouldn't suprise me if he was to be honest.
    I did it with Notts County... Sol Campbell is 78 overall. :sexface: I just managed it, I think it was the January transfer window on the 5th season when I got it. Basically try not to lose. And yes you need 80+ players.

I didn't see Giggs nor Scholes...

Phoenix from the Ashes
    Make a 5 Star team out of a 2 Star team or lower within 5 seasons in Manager Mode

ReputationRep:
    I did it with Notts County... Sol Campbell is 78 overall. :sexface: I just managed it, I think it was the January transfer window on the 5th season when I got it. Basically try not to lose. And yes you need 80+ players.

I didn't see Giggs nor Scholes...
    That's crazy! Did you play a few games, hammering the AI 10-0 each time, then sim? Or sim every game? Or play every game?
    Sounds hard! I suppose it'd be worth it though... is it bronze or silver, the trophy?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's crazy! Did you play a few games, hammering the AI 10-0 each time, then sim? Or sim every game? Or play every game?
    Sounds hard! I suppose it'd be worth it though... is it bronze or silver, the trophy?
    I simmed most, I settled for a draw on most occasions. I played the bigger games.

It's a bronze trophy I'm afraid. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I simmed most, I settled for a draw on most occasions. I played the bigger games.

It's a bronze trophy I'm afraid. :o:
    Visual sim? Is that even on FIFA anymore?
    If you were playing with a half-star team how on earth did you manage to get draws?
    And by bigger teams do you mean 1 star or higher?

Only a bronze?! :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Visual sim? Is that even on FIFA anymore?
    If you were playing with a half-star team how on earth did you manage to get draws?
    And by bigger teams do you mean 1 star or higher?

Only a bronze?! :mad:
    Notts County are 1 and a half star I think... you have to start from 2 stars or lower.

Fairly easy to get a draw, NC are I think one of the better sides in league 2.

Edit:
    Visual Sim?

ReputationRep:
    Notts County are 1 and a half star I think... you have to start from 2 stars or lower.

Fairly easy to get a draw, NC are I think one of the better sides in league 2.

Edit:
    Visual Sim?
    Ahhh ok
    Visual sim was on FIFA 09 if I recall correctly; if not it was definitely on FIFA 08 (PS2 ftw!).
    You basically watch the match progress with a timeline and stats; you can intervene at any time and play the match from there. Say, for example, you want to sim a game. You can sim the game as it progresses; if you start losing you can intervene to turn things around. If you're winning you can let it carry on. That's the jist of it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ahhh ok
    Visual sim was on FIFA 09 if I recall correctly; if not it was definitely on FIFA 08 (PS2 ftw!).
    You basically watch the match progress with a timeline and stats; you can intervene at any time and play the match from there. Say, for example, you want to sim a game. You can sim the game as it progresses; if you start losing you can intervene to turn things around. If you're winning you can let it carry on. That's the jist of it.
    Ahh... wish it was still like that...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh... wish it was still like that...
    As do I
    Makes simming games a lot easier, and with less risk!

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain is looking so good! Need to find a cheap price from somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Heavy Rain is looking so good! Need to find a cheap price from somewhere!
    I'm downloading the demo right now. It looks good, but I'm not sure if its £40 good, especially for a whats essentially a 10 hour movie with 20 odd endings.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I wonder how many unread pages of football talk I'll come back to next week...
    1 page of Fifa 10 talk already. Post #5454 to #5471.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to rent Heavy Rain from Blockbuster, not return it, as i have just moved house & they will never find me! :evil:

So, the game will cost me £3.50.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My contract with Bayern got terminated... pfft. Hadn't even lost a game, what the hell... 9pts clear in the Bundeliga and all. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    my ps3 ylod was really far on with fifa victor moses is **** hot so is baloteli

ReputationRep:
    so iv been playing uncharted 2 loads recently.
    and i think this game is one of the best i have ever played.
    although i wish there was an epic fight clip in there somewhere. no guns, just fists punches etc. and not one you played, just one you watched.
    like the clip at the end of mgs4 (that was sweeet) but without the oldness.

drake can do some pretty cool punch fights in the game, but they only last a few seconds.
    id like a lengthy 4-5 minute fight, maybe between drake and that guy whos name iv forgotten (with the sleek hair).

obviously i know they wont go back and change the game now.
    but maybe in uncharted 3 (if there will be one).

*fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Im going to rent Heavy Rain from Blockbuster, not return it, as i have just moved house & they will never find me! :evil:

So, the game will cost me £3.50.
    Sneaky! :ninja:

You should live in a caravan or something so that you can also cheat Blockbuster out of their games! :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah that is sneaky lol. And to the other guy that was talking about uncharterd its a damm good game i completed it within a few hours tho just got hooked.

The online play on it is a bit shady though. For instance if you have to leave a game for some reason like I did and come back to play later you will find that you are deranked to zero and loose valuable money that you earn from killing peeps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodro)
    yeah that is sneaky lol. And to the other guy that was talking about uncharterd its a damm good game i completed it within a few hours tho just got hooked.

The online play on it is a bit shady though. For instance if you have to leave a game for some reason like I did and come back to play later you will find that you are deranked to zero and loose valuable money that you earn from killing peeps
    Welcome to the thread and to TSR by the way! :tsr:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.