Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Bah I forgot FFXIII was coming out so soon! Chuck in God of War III later next month and I'm going to be skint! :sigh:
    Remind me - did you get the God of War III demo?

If not, there's something that you might be interested in...
    :mwuaha:

Edit: Also, the Darksiders demo should be up on the PSN now. :yes: *downloads*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Remind me - did you get the God of War III demo?

If not, there's something that you might be interested in...
    :mwuaha:

Edit: Also, the Darksiders demo should be up on the PSN now. :yes: *downloads*
    No I haven't! I'm so going to download it!

It's not absolutely necessary that you have to play the first two to understand what is going on in the third game do you?

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't! I'm so going to download it!

It's not absolutely necessary that you have to play the first two to understand what is going on in the third game do you?
    I'm not the best one to ask (God of War isn't really my sort of game), but I had no problems with understanding the demo. I've played through the first game, but not the second. God of War is not exactly a story-focussed game! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Where's the best place to buy a PS3 with a good warranty? I want to buy another one with the best warranty possible. Price around RRP would be great; the HDD doesn't matter as I'll be upgrading anyway to 500Gb
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by chernij)
    Where's the best place to buy a PS3 with a good warranty? I want to buy another one with the best warranty possible. Price around RRP would be great; the HDD doesn't matter as I'll be upgrading anyway to 500Gb
    Do you not void the warranty if you open the PS3 up? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    I got my 3-year warranty for £34.99 from Gamestation. They also offered a 2-year warranty for £24.99. No idea how that compares to other places though.

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of Uncharted 2 is making me want a PS3 :beard:

I feel as though a treat may be in store when bonuses are announced at work soon (and after I complete Halo 2/Bayonetta) :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Do you not void the warranty if you open the PS3 up?
    Aye, I think so. So if anything goes wrong I just slip the old HDD into place.

ReputationRep:
    I got my 3-year warranty for £34.99 from Gamestation. They also offered a 2-year warranty for £24.99. No idea how that compares to other places though.
    Thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    No that's what's good about the console. You can change HDDs without voiding the warranty as you're not opening up the actual system. It's only if you try to repair the console from YLoD or something, then you'll void your warranty.

ReputationRep:
    Found a PS3 to suit my needs
    Costco are selling the 120gb for £229; £30 than anywhere else. And they have a 2 year extended warranty.
    They have 10 in stock too, so tomorrow I shall pick one up

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: They're getting better with their ads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :rofl: They're getting better with their ads!
    :yep:

This one is still my favourite out of all of them though:

:lol:

:hand: I did it with 1 player, never knew you could do it with 2. :holmes:

Edit:
    Level 12 on Uncharted 2 on 'Crushing'. :lol: 1hr 10mins for 5 levels and finding all treasures. :yeah:
    That's brilliant

Not this :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    oh maaan. i cant decide wether i should trade in resistance 2 to help pay for heavy rain.

i havnt played it for sooo long, and its only collecting dust.
    but i though it was a really great game

help?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by montemoney)
    oh maaan. i cant decide wether i should trade in resistance 2 to help pay for heavy rain.

i havnt played it for sooo long, and its only collecting dust.
    but i though it was a really great game

help?
    You'd probably get like £5 for it.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh, lol, thats lame.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, eBay says you could get about a tenner at most. Probably not worth bothering... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no. 40, 60 and 80gb models (ie the phatty) break their warranty if opened (just to clean, change hard drive, whatever. however, you can change the hard drive on the slim without voiding the warranty. Not sure about opening it up though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.