Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhys_please)
    Yes and no. 40, 60 and 80gb models (ie the phatty) break their warranty if opened (just to clean, change hard drive, whatever. however, you can change the hard drive on the slim without voiding the warranty. Not sure about opening it up though.
    I'm pretty sure, not 100% mind; that the above is incorrect. You can open all versions and change HDD without voiding the warranty, just be careful of the screws are they're known to be stiff. But yeah, opening the console itself WILL void the warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhys_please)
    Yes and no. 40, 60 and 80gb models (ie the phatty) break their warranty if opened (just to clean, change hard drive, whatever. however, you can change the hard drive on the slim without voiding the warranty. Not sure about opening it up though.
    You can change the hard drive on the older PS3s without voiding the warranty - source.
    Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakky)
    I'm pretty sure, not 100% mind; that the above is incorrect. You can open all versions and change HDD without voiding the warranty, just be careful of the screws are they're known to be stiff. But yeah, opening the console itself WILL void the warranty.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    You can change the hard drive on the older PS3s without voiding the warranty - source.
    Oh, I apologise. On another forum I was on, a big part of the craze over the slim was "being able to change the hard drive without voiding the warranty". Either I've remembered it wrong or it was bad information, probably the former thought haha.

ReputationRep:
    I was right in the first place. My knowledge on PS3s should not be questioned tbh. :pierre:

:p:

Oh, and check this out Heavy Rain fans:

http://www.youtube.com/heavyrain

ReputationRep:
    While I'm still not too taken by Heavy Rain, I may try to drop into HMV tomorrow at lunchtime if my day isn't too busy. Supposedly there's "an exclusive demonstration of key in-games scenes, and an opportunity to get hands-on before you buy" - though if that just means that they'll have the demo running, I won't be too impressed! :p:

Edit: thinking about it, though, there are at least three HMV stores in central Manchester, so picking the right one might not be immediately straightforward! :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    What update? I thought I downloaded a patch a few days ago but the squads are still the same. I tried the "update squads" function but it said it was up to date already.
    The Squad Update.

Worked for me, as now i am playing as Pompey in MM & have all the players loaned & acquired on free transfers in Jan.

It only got released today. Literally about 10am.. The previous patch you dl'd is for that lame ass Ultimate Team game add-on.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Omg I've missed out so many treasure on Uncharted...on some chapters I've missed out all of them, and this is using a flipping walkthru! :facepalm: I'm such a spaztic sometimes...I blame the story being too good though

I'm gonna have to play through the game like twice more I'm betting...

ReputationRep:
    Use the Youtube walkthrus. I found they were pretty much the bees knees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    The Squad Update.

Worked for me, as now i am playing as Pompey in MM & have all the players loaned & acquired on free transfers in Jan.

It only got released today. Literally about 10am.. The previous patch you dl'd is for that lame ass Ultimate Team game add-on.

:yep:
    ?! How/where do you get the squad update? I checked everything this afternoon and I couldn't find any update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    ?! How/where do you get the squad update? I checked everything this afternoon and I couldn't find any update.
    It's on the Edit Squad > Download Latest Squads... bit.

If it says you already have updated the squads, wait 2-3 mins then try again.

ReputationRep:
    It's on the Edit Squad > Download Latest Squads... bit.

If it says you already have updated the squads, wait 2-3 mins then try again.
    Oh I tried it once this afternoon and it said it was updated. I guess I'll have to try again then. :dry:

More cool Heavy Rain stuff:

http://kotaku.com/5478337/while-your...ain-to-install

ReputationRep:
    Use the Youtube walkthrus. I found they were pretty much the bees knees.

I just get distracted way too easily!! Though I found an easy place on Chapter 19 to get the 75 kills in a row trophy...the enemies keep going for the machine gun and I was just sat there for about 5 mins shooting them as they tried it. :mmm: So much easier than actually trying to get 75 kills without getting downed even though my best killstreak up to that point way 64 but I fell off a cliff IIRC and ruined it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I just get distracted way too easily!! Though I found an easy place on Chapter 19 to get the 75 kills in a row trophy...the enemies keep going for the machine gun and I was just sat there for about 5 mins shooting them as they tried it. :mmm: So much easier than actually trying to get 75 kills without getting downed even though my best killstreak up to that point way 64 but I fell off a cliff IIRC and ruined it.
    Chapter 19 already?! :eek2: Though you've missed treasures... :mmm:

I can't really be bothered playing it tbh. I much prefer my football.

Edit:
    I have an urge to play it. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    1 page of Fifa 10 talk already. Post #5454 to #5471.
    Bah there were about 10 unread pages in total, had a quick skim through, didn't see too much football talk. I'm too tired to read anything in detail. Missed much?
    I completed BS2 whilst away

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Speaking of eBay, any news on this? I'm guessing not... clicky.

"Not a registered user" :no:
    There's a surprise :rolleyes: I've received nothing. Oh well, guess it's over to PayPal to try and get my money back...once I'm a bit more awake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Chapter 19 already?! :eek2: Though you've missed treasures... :mmm:

I can't really be bothered playing it tbh. I much prefer my football.

Edit:
    I have an urge to play it. :lol:
    Actually I was on chapter 21 at that time :mmm:

I love the game and I'm trying to get through it ASAP to get platinum so I can be like Yay I platinumed U2 cos I haven't got a platinum in ages...
    Though I was using a video walkthru last night and I still managed to miss a treasure :facepalm2:

Btw I iz a sub innit blud...dunno why but I just thought I'd try it! :proud:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Actually I was on chapter 21 at that time :mmm:

I love the game and I'm trying to get through it ASAP to get platinum so I can be like Yay I platinumed U2 cos I haven't got a platinum in ages...
    Though I was using a video walkthru last night and I still managed to miss a treasure :facepalm2:

Btw I iz a sub innit blud...dunno why but I just thought I'd try it! :proud:
    Well I'm on Chapter 16 now. :awesome: All I have missed AFAIK is the 2 on Chapter 1. :lol:

Just did it for the lulz innit. :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha while heavy rain installs it gives you instructions to make the origami thats on the front of the box XD
    and its give you the special piece of paper in the box to make it.

its coool XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    haha while heavy rain installs it gives you instructions to make the origami thats on the front of the box XD
    and its give you the special piece of paper in the box to make it.

its coool XD
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5612

:dry:

ReputationRep:
    Why would i want to make the origami when i have a PS3 to keep me entertained?

I'd rather make a Chloe from UC2.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why would i want to make the origami when i have a PS3 to keep me entertained?

I'd rather make a Chloe from UC2.
    Elena :ta:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.