Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhys_please)
    What do you put on your PS3 to need a 500gb hard drive!? I dont think I ever got half full with my 60gb in 2 years...
    Game saves, DLC from the PSN store, videos from the PSN store, game data, music (from my CD collection), videos (TV shows that aren't on BBC iPlayer, e.g. The Big Band Theory, House, Heroes).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Game saves, DLC from the PSN store, videos from the PSN store, game data, music (from my CD collection), videos (TV shows that aren't on BBC iPlayer, e.g. The Big Band Theory, House, Heroes).
    So do you use it like you would a computer? What kind of stuff do you use your actual computer for, the same? I've always thought its pretty neat the way you can store things like that on the PS3 and play them, but I prefer the interface of just a bog standard computer.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I want Bioshock 2 so bad but I can't afford it. Also want Heavy Rain, that game looks awesome.

Fallout 3 will just have to do until then...

ReputationRep:

:yes:

ReputationRep:

One of my friends got it yesterday and completed it... maybe he'll let me borrow it.

ReputationRep:
    Stared at it in ASDA today for a few minutes, but really couldn't justify the 40 quid.

Ill wait for amazon to be cool with it.

ReputationRep:
    Might just try and get it on Lovefilm, excellent place to rent games from btw if anyone's interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    My platinums

Burnout Paradise
    Fallout 3
    Bioshock
    Killzone 2
    Batman AA
    Resi 5
    inFamous

I found all enjoyable, especially Batman and Killzone 2

I always platinum the best of games..Currently doing assassins creed 2
    Yeah, I know that you posted this in another thread, but thought it would be better to reply here. :p:

Anyway, it seems that we have a race! Where are you up to? I'm on sequence 7, IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    I'm one trophy away from a platinum on ACII, awesome game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhys_please)
    So do you use it like you would a computer? What kind of stuff do you use your actual computer for, the same? I've always thought its pretty neat the way you can store things like that on the PS3 and play them, but I prefer the interface of just a bog standard computer.
    I do in that sense. As I have it in my room with my TV I might as well use it; a nice 25.5" TV is better than a shoddy 15.4" laptop screen.
    For those videos I don't have on my PS3, I stream from my laptop. But I'd rather have them on the PS3 incase there are anyway networking problems, or any problems with my laptop.
    Fair enough point about the interface; I do prefer the computer interface as well but using the PS3 as I am is very useful.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    Yeah, I know that you posted this in another thread, but thought it would be better to reply here. :p:

Anyway, it seems that we have a race! Where are you up to? I'm on sequence 7, IIRC.
    Aaah i've kind of put AC2 on hold because i've nearly done R&C and my bro is doing Dragon Ages so i'll get back to AC2 ina week or two hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Aaah i've kind of put AC2 on hold because i've nearly done R&C and my bro is doing Dragon Ages so i'll get back to AC2 ina week or two hopefully
    So, the question is - can I platinum it in a week? :holmes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Got my new PS3 Slim.
    £229 from Costco, 2 year extended guarantee, 120GB Slim.
    Off to buy a 500GB hard drive, headset and Cod:MW2 online.
    :woo:
    Wow the 2 year guarantee came included?! Brilliant deal. :yep:

(Original post by montemoney)
    tell me where, what hard drive, and how much it was please~
    because i have 120gigs and im using it up pretty rapidly.
    almost half full. and iv only my ps3 about 4 ot 5 months i think.
    I use a Western Digital one. Someone on here actually recommended it to me, can't remember who now. :hmmmm2:

(Original post by Illusionary)
    So, the question is - can I platinum it in a week? :holmes: :p:
    I platinumed it in a week, so you should easily be able to do it I reckon.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Wow, that is absolutely brilliant! :eek: I bet he could sell that for loads!

Good to see Eminem has some real talent as well :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    to be honest i dont half fill my 40gb - thats what my computer is for...
    PlayTV takes up a surprising amount of space...and since I've managed to fill up my 320gb external HDD, I moved onto the PS3's 250gb HDD :p:
    I've got ~100gb free space left on it...and only ~100gb left on my laptop from 320gb...but that's mostly reserved for RTS gaming (which seems to be really scarce atm )

ReputationRep:
    guys, anyone know the best place (in the UK i.e, preferably London) to trade in old games for new ones or cash. i really have a bunch of old junk i'll like to trade.
    problem is...i keep the epic ones (like MGS4 etc) and these games are some low demand kinda junk. (nba street homecourt, fifa street 3, the simpsons game, fifa 08 etc). would they collect stuff like that?
    i really havent tried trading in so i don't know anything about it. so....

btw anyone up for MW2ing this night. psn id-ibro911

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibro911)
    guys, anyone know the best place (in the UK i.e, preferably London) to trade in old games for new ones or cash. i really have a bunch of old junk i'll like to trade.
    problem is...i keep the epic ones (like MGS4 etc) and these games are some low demand kinda junk. (nba street homecourt, fifa street 3, the simpsons game, fifa 08 etc). would they collect stuff like that?
    i really havent tried trading in so i don't know anything about it. so....

btw anyone up for MW2ing this night. psn id-ibro911
    Apart from selling them online, CeX is probably the best place. You can see how much they'll give you for each game online: http://www.cex.co.uk/sell/

ReputationRep:
    That Big Daddy video :awesome:
    And :rofl: at the Eminem comment

ReputationRep:
    Wow the 2 year guarantee came included?! Brilliant deal.
    :yep:
    I use a Western Digital one. Someone on here actually recommended it to me, can't remember who now.
    Might have been me :o: I ordered the same one from Amazon a while back (was looking through my history), and now I've switched over to eBuyer to get a hard drive. And it's 51p more expensive.

I can't believe how unloyal I am to Amazon :ashamed:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.