Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    :yep:

Might have been me :o: I ordered the same one from Amazon a while back (was looking through my history), and now I've switched over to eBuyer to get a hard drive. And it's 51p more expensive.

I can't believe how unloyal I am to Amazon :ashamed:
    Oh right. Why didn't you transfer your old 500GB HDD to your Slim?

(Original post by ibro911)
    guys, anyone know the best place (in the UK i.e, preferably London) to trade in old games for new ones or cash. i really have a bunch of old junk i'll like to trade.
    problem is...i keep the epic ones (like MGS4 etc) and these games are some low demand kinda junk. (nba street homecourt, fifa street 3, the simpsons game, fifa 08 etc). would they collect stuff like that?
    i really havent tried trading in so i don't know anything about it. so....

btw anyone up for MW2ing this night. psn id-ibro911
    Use a combination of CEX and Gamestation. Print out stuff from CEX which has details of how much you can get your games for cash. Then show these to the people at Gamestation and they HAVE to match that price. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Oh right. Why didn't you transfer your old 500GB HDD to your Slim?
    The old PS3 is now my younger brother's. We paid together for the fat 80GB PS3 and shared it. We paid together for the 500GB hard drive, which has about 150GB of crap on it. So I bought myself a Slim with a 120GB hard-drive, so needed an upgrade anyway. And my brother still uses the *now his* fat PS3, so I can't just swap the HDDs over.
    I'm currently backing up the old PS3 now to put the stuff on my Slim... 7 hours it's going to take to do it, around 4 hours left :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Use a combination of CEX and Gamestation. Print out stuff from CEX which has details of how much you can get your games for cash. Then show these to the people at Gamestation and they HAVE to match that price. :yep:
    :lol:

That's what I do every time I want to buy a new game or trade one in...I got U2 for a fiver on release date cos CeX were paying £33 for NFS:Shift and so I got Gamestation to match that along with the 10% student discount which equalled a whole lot of win for me!

Just finished U2 again...can't believe I missed out 11 treasures overall! :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aaron Ramsay's suffered a bad leg break.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody stupid copyrighted game saves... and bloody stupid backups. Backed up my brother's PS3, restored it to my new Slim, and what do I get?
    A console that has NO game data, with some of my most favoured game saves missing because they're ******* copyrighted (Fat Princess, SingStar, I'm looking at you).
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Review from IGN

8.9/10

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072833p1.html

It seemed they concentrated too much on the Story player, just to give it a lower mark than MW2 , seeing that COD MW2 story is also short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Apart from selling them online, CeX is probably the best place. You can see how much they'll give you for each game online: http://www.cex.co.uk/sell/
    Use a combination of CEX and Gamestation. Print out stuff from CEX which has details of how much you can get your games for cash. Then show these to the people at Gamestation and they HAVE to match that price.
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    That's what I do every time I want to buy a new game or trade one in...I got U2 for a fiver on release date cos CeX were paying £33 for NFShift and so I got Gamestation to match that along with the 10% student discount which equalled a whole lot of win for me!

Just finished U2 again...can't believe I missed out 11 treasures overall!
    haha..cool.
    but you know they give a higher price for exchange. do they beat the exchange price or just the sale price.
    if...you get what i mean

ReputationRep:
    haha..cool.
    but you know they give a higher price for exchange. do they beat the exchange price or just the sale price.
    if...you get what i mean
    I've never got money for my games, it's pretty worthless that way, I always trade them in and they do match the trade in value...which is what I did for Uncharted 2

Bloody stupid copyrighted game saves... and bloody stupid backups. Backed up my brother's PS3, restored it to my new Slim, and what do I get?
    A console that has NO game data, with some of my most favoured game saves missing because they're ******* copyrighted (Fat Princess, SingStar, I'm looking at you).
    Didn't it say it won't copy protected game saves? Btw you're not alone on this...couple of my mates have had problems with them too...doesn't seem to be a way round it I don't think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I've never got money for my games, it's pretty worthless that way, I always trade them in and they do match the trade in value...which is what I did for Uncharted 2

ok...but how do you do the whole 'gamestation beating CEX trade-in value thing'?

ReputationRep:
    ok...but how do you do the whole 'gamestation beating CEX trade-in value thing'?
    Print off the page from CeX's website showing the trade-in price, then take that with you to a Gamestation store when you want to trade in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Print off the page from CeX's website showing the trade-in price, then take that with you to a Gamestation store when you want to trade in.
    thanks mate

i kid.
    this is really gonna be a win for me, i've got like 15 games to trade

ReputationRep:
    You can use a single Ethernet cable to copy protected save games, although I have a feeling that this will completely erase the original PS3 and completely overwrite the new one..

ReputationRep:
    8 updates for LBP, taking ages! There was me thinking I could give it a go before I leave again tomorrow.

On a good note, worked out how to use my new phone as a modem on my laptop, I won't have to go without TSR for another week...though I imagine my phone bill may rocket for the month.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hobo06)
    8 updates for LBP, taking ages! There was me thinking I could give it a go before I leave again tomorrow.

On a good note, worked out how to use my new phone as a modem on my laptop, I won't have to go without TSR for another week...though I imagine my phone bill may rocket for the month.
    :teehee: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    everyone here needs to buy Heavy Rain. it's so so good.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    everyone here needs to buy Heavy Rain. it's so so good.
    Nope, not yet... study. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    study schmudy!

(Original post by Illusionary)
    So, the question is - can I platinum it in a week? :holmes: :p:
    I doubt it :holmes:

Just platinumed R&C :jive:...Checked eBay prices and they are ridiculously low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :teehee: :rofl: :rofl:
    :sad: I really should know by now that most games are going to want to download some sort of update if I've never played them before. I've had all day, I could have let it update earlier, but no...
    Well finished now, whilst I went to the chippy for dinner...real healthy couple of weeks I'm having, cheeseburger and chips tonight, pizza last night, and the hotel is a cooked breakfast every morning, and pretty much bar food for dinner. Not that I'm complaining of course.

As for Heavy Rain, never really could get into the demo. Will give it a miss for now, maybe borrow it from a friend sometime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    I doubt it :holmes:

Just platinumed R&C :jive:...Checked eBay prices and they are ridiculously low
    That sounds like a challenge!

It looks like copies of R&C are going for £15-£20 on eBay - which isn't that bad given that you can buy it new for £18. :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.