Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can i just ask, have i lost all my effing trophies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    can i just ask, have i lost all my effing trophies
    Unlikely.

Sign in here to check: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/psn/mypsn/trophies/

I seem to have all of mine on there except for the last couple that I've got on ACII, and fortunately (importantly!) it shows that I have the one missable trophy.

ReputationRep:
    well i logged on to my ps3 to check, all seems fine on the trophy front

what known issues are there then illusionary? surely this is just a storm in a tea cup if the only problemi is that we cant sign in?

ReputationRep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My god he is fat and ugly. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    My god he is fat and ugly.
    sod cooking him christmas dinner :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    well i logged on to my ps3 to check, all seems fine on the trophy front

what known issues are there then illusionary? surely this is just a storm in a tea cup if the only problemi is that we cant sign in?
    It's more than just not being able to sign in though - it's not possible to play the majority of PS3/PSN games at all. This is from the PS Blog:
    As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
    * The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
    * When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
    * When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
    * When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
    * Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :gasp:

Can his hands even grasp a PS3 controller? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :gasp:

Can his hands even grasp a PS3 controller? :facepalm2:
    Grasp it? The guy looks like he'd eat it!

Btw got all 100 trophies on U2! :yep:

So much easier to just run through the story mode now!

ReputationRep:
    PS3 users call for Sony to be sued.

:teehee:
    To make matter slightly worse, Sony Playstation Twitter page has been quiet for more than 13 hours now since the last update and the UK page of the Playstation Network being submerged by thousands of users trying to find out why they can't get on PSN.
    It's like they've buried their heads in the sand and wished it all to go away!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)

I'm on something like 74 (missed 2 on chapter 1, and 1 on chapter 19), though I still have 7 levels to play through. :ahee:

I have no idea how I'm going to get 200 kills quickly with the GAU. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Grasp it? The guy looks like he'd eat it!

Well done! :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    There's also the not-so-insignificant issue of how the update will be carried out since the game console cannot actually connect to the Playstation network to download and install any firmware update

Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/portal/ne...#ixzz0gyDGOzYK
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakky)
    :confused:
    You don't need to log in to the PSN to download updates, so this shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Signed in :awesome:

:party: :party:

Edit: I've lost trophies though - and they were story-related ones from ACII that I can't get again without starting over! :grr:

ReputationRep:
    working again woo
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    eurgh, i don't want to boot it up incase i've lost trophies. that would suck.

I'm not sure if i want to try yet...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the sympathy

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.