Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if those game saves are gone forever, even after the fix. Would be a major fail on Sony's part if their most loyal customers (those who bought a fat PS3 at launch) lost all their hard-earned game saves. Chuck in losing trophies and it makes it even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I wonder if those game saves are gone forever, even after the fix. Would be a major fail on Sony's part if their most loyal customers (those who bought a fat PS3 at launch) lost all their hard-earned game saves. Chuck in losing trophies and it makes it even worse.
    Has anyone confirmed that saves were lost? Nothing seemed to happen to mine - I could still see them even while unable to login.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Has anyone confirmed that saves were lost? Nothing seemed to happen to mine - I could still see them even while unable to login.
    Dunno. I'm sure I read somewhere that people had lost their saves.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/ps...-are-playable/

http://kotaku.com/5483187/ps3-error-...re-may-be-over

No one will lose their trophies though.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno. I'm sure I read somewhere that people had lost their saves.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/ps...-are-playable/

http://kotaku.com/5483187/ps3-error-...re-may-be-over

No one will lose their trophies though.
    Except for those that weren't synced, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Except for those that weren't synced, it seems.
    Oh so re-syncing won't solve the problem for them?

Also:

ReputationRep:
    Its All Working Fine Now!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astra_vxr)
    Its All Working Fine Now!!!
    is it?

I have been scared to turn my ps3 on all day. :ninja:

I'll check tomorrow.

Although, im not sure how us Phat *******s would download the software update to fix this problem, if we can't get on?!

I presume it requires an update of some sort?! Otherwise it will happen again.?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    is it?

I'll check tomorrow.

Although, im not sure how us Phat *******s would download the software update to fix this problem, if we can't get on?!

I presume it requires an update of some sort?! Otherwise it will happen again.?!
    Nah, it just started working again without any action. I had my PS3 turned on about 15 minutes before it started working, and the system clock was 23.46; my guess is that it simply started working again once it reached midnight.

ReputationRep:
    is it?

I'll check tomorrow.

Read the first link I posted. It'll sort itself out without you having do download anything. Also, someone already said that you don't need to log in to download a firmware update anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it just started working again without any action. I had my PS3 turned on about 15 minutes before it started working, and the system clock was 23.46; my guess is that it simply started working again once it reached midnight.
    :lol:

Sony have been defeated! And the simple thing called time has fixed the problem! Love it.

Read the first link I posted. It'll sort itself out without you having do download anything. Also, someone already said that you don't need to log in to download a firmware update anyway.
    Ahh yeah, the USB stick method. Totally forgot about that. I forget, do they need to be FAT32 formatted?

That's what you mean, isn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah, the USB stick method. Totally forgot about that. I forget, do they need to be FAT32 formatted?

You can do a system update over the internet without logging in to the PSN. The update feature works without needing to log in, and could be used throughout the downtime (not that there were any updates to download).

ReputationRep:

Can't you just download a firmware update the normal way without being logged in? :dontknow:

But yeah, USB will work too.

EDIT: See above.

ReputationRep:
    Right you both are. :borat:

Yay for the PS3 now working :woo:

I missed Fifa today!

ReputationRep:
    Right you both are. :borat:

Yay for the PS3 now working :woo:

I missed Fifa today!
    Ditto Just had a few games on manager mode there though, no problems with my save files or trophies either.

Now to the joys of my group report due tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Well actually I think if they were loyal customers they would have by now managed to run down their old PS3's and got a new one (like me!). :awesome:

:yep:

Mo's amazing theories strike. Oh yeah. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well done! :congrats:
    I can finally close the 4 tabs in FF which have been open for like a week now! :woo: I can close FF and it's stupid memory leak now too! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I can finally close the 4 tabs in FF which have been open for like a week now! :woo: I can close FF and it's stupid memory leak now too! :yes:
    The what and the what what??
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The what and the what what??
    I presume he means the treasure guide for Uncharted 2 and treasure videos - why he needs 4 tabs open I don't know, 2 was sufficient for me.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I presume he means the treasure guide for Uncharted 2 and treasure videos - why he needs 4 tabs open I don't know, 2 was sufficient for me.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Memory_Leak
    Oh I see, he was talking about Firefox! I was like "I swear Bigmo was playing Uncharted 2 and not Final Fantasy!!!"
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh I see, he was talking about Firefox! I was like "I swear Bigmo was playing Uncharted 2 and not Final Fantasy!!!"
    :lol:

P.S thanks for the rep, will return it tomorrow. :yes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.