Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Blur - cross platform gaming?

:gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    I've done it 4 times now. The tech forum moderator seems to not have taken notice. Illusionary is on the case though, I think.
    There's not much more that I can do. Repeated reporting won't really help; if Vlad's not in a position to deal with the reports at the moment, he'll just end up with more to wade through when he comes online.

If there are any additional posts with unspoilered spoilers (if you see what I mean), link them here and I can add them to my AAM thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Blur - cross platform gaming?

So basically what it would be is a mass online game with the 360 players glitching all over the place & the PS3 ones not even there because the clock in their PS3 is broken.. :ahee:

Nah seriously, would be a great idea. I wish they'd do this with GTA IV & The Episodes.. (when it comes out), would be superb.

Why they don't anyway is beyond me. Imagine COD:MW2 cross platform. Would be superb! (if they had the proper servers etc...).

Hope this can be a thing of the future.

Chloe.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    So basically what it would be is a mass online game with the 360 players glitching all over the place & the PS3 ones not even there because the clock in their PS3 is broken.. :ahee:

Nah seriously, would be a great idea. I wish they'd do this with GTA IV & The Episodes.. (when it comes out), would be superb.

Why they don't anyway is beyond me. Imagine COD:MW2 cross platform. Would be superb! (if they had the proper servers etc...).

Chloe.
    Oh I saw what you did there! :teeth:

You changed Elena to Chloe! :rant:

Nate.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I saw what you did there! :teeth:

You changed Elena to Chloe! :rant:

Nate.
    Sorry about that, i am watching what ITV is calling Football at the moment, and Elena was the first name that popped into my head.

Lol at Rooney!

Nate is the nads. If i swung that way, i so would.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about that, i am watching what ITV is calling Football at the moment, and Elena was the first name that popped into my head.

Lol at Rooney!

Nate is the nads. If i swung that way, i so would.
    What happened to Rooney? :holmes: I'm watching Masterchef on BBC1 .

ReputationRep:

Chloe.
    That Blur thing is not actually cross-platform though. It seems that it's simply a messaging service on Twitter or whatever that challenges you to complete a time trial or whatever and the scores are all collated and posted up onto the Internet.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to Rooney? :holmes: I'm watching Masterchef on BBC1 .
    he just dummied a freekick & the Egypt player blocking the ball absolutely **** himself :lol:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    That Blur thing is not actually cross-platform though. It seems that it's simply a messaging service on Twitter or whatever that challenges you to complete a time trial or whatever and the scores are all collated and posted up onto the Internet.
    I never read the news stories properly, if i am to be honest, i have a short attention span & the title is enough for me.. :lol:

So basically it's aload of crap.

Still, i think Cross platform gaming online should be introduced. What harm would it do.. Infact it would do both consoles some good. Obviously apart from exclusive online modes on whatever console... Would be interesting to hear the fanboys on GTA instead of the gimps talking & singing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    he just dummied a freekick & the Egypt player blocking the ball absolutely **** himself :lol:

I never read the news stories properly, if i am to be honest, i have a short attention span & the title is enough for me.. :lol:

Still, i think Cross platform gaming online should be introduced. What harm would it do.. Infact it would do both consoles some good. Obviously apart from exclusive online modes on whatever console... Would be interesting to hear the fanboys on GTA instead of the gimps talking & singing.
    I am the same!

If we had cross platform, what about the Wii? :puppyeyes: :p: Or are they in a league of their own.? :p:

ReputationRep:

There will probably be too many fanboys arguing for cross-platform gaming to work properly! :p:

ReputationRep:

Chloe.
    With all those cheating *******s on the xbox? Nah you're alright! I don't wanna join a game and leave being on level 1 or join a game where the opposition have god mode enabled and we don't. Also MW2 is pretty **** compared to cod4 so if they do make a new one they should consider at least trying to see if cross gaming is possible.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    *PS3 ONLY* Assassins Creed 2 & Bioshock 2 £45 @ Shopto + 4% Quidco!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Now *that* is a good deal! They're the two games I've purchased most recently as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :eek: Now *that* is a good deal! They're the two games I've purchased most recently as well...
    :ditto: (pretty much)

:doh:

I want Heavy Rain to go down in price on eBay! :huff:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: (pretty much)

:doh:

I want Heavy Rain to go down in price on eBay! :huff:
    I'm not too annoyed, I suppose, as I got them for about £3 more combined from eBay.

I'm pretty sure that Heavy Rain will start to fall in price on eBay before too long, as I'd expect lots of people to sell it after playing it though once or twice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too annoyed, I suppose, as I got them for about £3 more combined from eBay.

I'm pretty sure that Heavy Rain will start to fall in price on eBay before too long, as I'd expect lots of people to sell it after playing it though once or twice.
    I'm looking for a sealed copy though. :emo:

Check this out btw:

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a sealed copy though. :emo:
    Any particular reason? Used copies work just as well! :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Any particular reason? Used copies work just as well! :curious:
    It's like a guarantee that the person on eBay is selling a disk that is not scratched. Even though people say they've only played it once and nothing's wrong with it, I wouldn't take the risk.

Plus, unwrapping a game is :awesome: since you know that no-one else has had the honour of using that disk! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    It's like a guarantee that the person on eBay is selling a disk that is not scratched. Even though people say they've only played it once and nothing's wrong with it, I wouldn't take the risk.

Plus, unwrapping a game is :awesome: since you know that no-one else has had the honour of using that disk! :ninja:
    Fair enough! :lol:

You can get new copies at bargain prices on eBay as well, though, if you're lucky. My copy of Bioshock2 wasn't in it's cellophane, but the game disc and manual were still in a sealed bag inside the box.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! :lol:

You can get new copies at bargain prices on eBay as well, though, if you're lucky. My copy of Bioshock2 wasn't in it's cellophane, but the game disc and manual were still in a sealed bag inside the box.
    Yep I've snagged a couple of great new copies on eBay too. :jive:

Also been trying to find a cheap copy of Tekken 6 - it's still £25! :dry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.