PS Helper
    Something for Arsenal fans. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Something for Arsenal fans. :ahee:
    Erm. No... :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    How scary is Dead Space? I'm planning to buy it just for the platinum [cos imma trophy whore :teeth:] but i'm a COMPLETE pussy when it comes to horror :blush:
    Probably the scariest game I've ever played. It's good though! The platinum is pretty challenging too. Not unobtainable though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :p:

Have you found somewhere to get some GAU kills yet?
    You know the bit really near the end of the game, where you're on a platform above a massive room where the blue monsters are fighting against lazarovic's men? That's the best place to get it, the men re-spawn for ages, then after you've killed them all just blow yourself up and do it again (kills don't reset after you die).

(Original post by bigmo7)
    :yy:
    Dead Space £8.85 @ ShopTo

If you're interested that is
    Thanksbut after reading this

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    I found it mega scary :eek3: Some of the little buggers jump off the floor at you, that always gets me

Good game though!
    and this

(Original post by james99)
    Probably the scariest game I've ever played. It's good though! The platinum is pretty challenging too. Not unobtainable though

No thanks :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    How did Bayonetta get such good reviews :lolwut: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    How did Bayonetta get such good reviews :lolwut: ?
    Just started playing this tonight and I'm thinking the same. I'm on the supposedly superior 360 version as well

It gets a bit :wtf:-out-of-10 from me thus far.

Having said that, I don't think it's a bad game; more, I just don't know what the hell to make of it with the bizarre characters and the crassness and sexiness and... Stuff. It's very different, I'll give them that. What makes it stranger though is that it feels completely familiar and formulaic at the same time, having played Devil May Cry back in the day an' all (fack off pesky know-it-all quoters, I do know it's made by the same dude).

Also, the physics in the loooooong cutscenes seem to be a bit iffy in places.

I get the distinct feeling that the plot will very quickly descend into unfollowable bollux. I was pretty lost before the title credits, which is a new record even for me (perhaps should have paid more attention to the narration) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well no my ps3 was repaired, I didn't buy a new one. Well not yet anyway. I'm going to buy one with ?god of war 3 or probably..

SOCOM 4 Holy CRAPPERS. No need to buy MAG then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    :hello:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    :hi:
    The Heavy Rain thread should be safe again now; I got Dalimyr's attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Nice one, mate. Really appreciate that.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Although I did get a warning for insulting at the guy who ruined the game for at least THREE people. Go figure. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Just Cause 2 demo and Moto GP demo were both a waste of time. :dry:

Didn't have a clue what I was meant to be doing in Just Cause, though the graphics were pretty. Handling was too difficult to get to grips with in Moto GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Just Cause 2 demo and Moto GP demo were both a waste of time. :dry:

Didn't have a clue what I was meant to be doing in Just Cause, though the graphics were pretty. Handling was too difficult to get to grips with in Moto GP.
    Hmm I was looking forward to JC2 for a pick up and blast sort of game as well. Might have to pick it up as a bargain buy depending on the reviews.

ReputationRep:
    Just Cause (the first one) was pretty good, but the graphics were quite crap. JC2 i hope will be a bit different & not like Saints Row 2 was... Exactly the same as the first with almost the same appalling graphics as the first. What a let down SR2 was/is.

I see alot pf people playing BFBC2. Might give this one a go as well, if the campaign is good, as the Online on BFBC was pretty rubbish & the modes were so boring.

Obviously is no where near as brilliant as COD:MW2 (online), but might be worth a rent?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Just Cause (the first one) was pretty good, but the graphics were quite crap. JC2 i hope will be a bit different & not like Saints Row 2 was... Exactly the same as the first with almost the same appalling graphics as the first. What a let down SR2 was/is.

I see alot pf people playing BFBC2. Might give this one a go as well, if the campaign is good, as the Online on BFBC was pretty rubbish & the modes were so boring.

Obviously is no where near as brilliant as COD:MW2 (online), but might be worth a rent?!
    The single player is meant to be as boring as pretty much all FPS campaigns with a couple of innovative features *campaign mission spoilers*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A level were you have to dash between buildings as your avatar gets frostbite and the screen freezes over. And a sniper level were you have to time your shots with lighting strikes.
    I'm not too sure how well implmented these two levels are but they sound interesting to say the least.

The online on BC:BC was pretty good I thought, and considering there was only one mode for a pretty long time I got more play out of that than COD4. I think the obscene about of glitching/hacking/camping/double shotguns may have pretty much killed that game off for me and it is probably going to be getting traded in tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    The single player is meant to be as boring as pretty much all FPS campaigns with a couple of innovative features *campaign mission spoilers*
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A level were you have to dash between buildings as your avatar gets frostbite and the screen freezes over. And a sniper level were you have to time your shots with lighting strikes.
    I'm not too sure how well implmented these two levels are but they sound interesting to say the least.

The online on BC:BC was pretty good I thought, and considering there was only one mode for a pretty long time I got more play out of that than COD4. I think the obscene about of glitching/hacking/camping/double shotguns may have pretty much killed that game off for me and it is probably going to be getting traded in tomorrow.
    Really? I do like the sound of those missions, but maybe not enough to rush out and buy it. MAybe when it goes down in price in a few weeks.

Those bloody tank fools on BF:BC pissed me off. Straight away they would just jump into one & continue to destroy everything to get the stupid "destroy 500 trees" (or however many it was) acheivement! :mad:

Capture the flag was pretty good on BF:BC, but that was it. Can't remember the others. Was like a chore to rank up on that game. Not fun at all.

Anyone looking forward to the Episodes from Liberty City coming to PS3? The online on TBoGT is superb & you will all love it!

ReputationRep:
    I will get Episodes from Liberty City for sure. I actually liked GTA IV during my second play through, so look forward to some craziness, plus attack helicopter and tanks in a game!!! Can't say no to that.

Modern Warfare 2 is dead to me, I wont touch that game ever again, I can't believe I'd say that but the game is so boring, I had a feeling that the game was a lot more balanced, and less crazy, in COD 4. It's the crap like the constantly disconnecting servers, host migration selecting the worst host possible, the double shotguns, the glitching, the lags, the same maps rotating round and round (Karachi I'm looking at you), the bloody campers etc etc... pff what a waste of time. I was thinking that I'd get to lvl 70 then sell the game, but screw it, I'm going to sell it very soon.

I've started playing some uncharted 2 multiplayer, it's much less competitive imo, and I actually like the pop and gun gameplay, sometimes you get into really really good matches where everyone is playing together- turf war is quite fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Just started playing this tonight and I'm thinking the same. I'm on the supposedly superior 360 version as well

It gets a bit :wtf:-out-of-10 from me thus far.

Having said that, I don't think it's a bad game; more, I just don't know what the hell to make of it with the bizarre characters and the crassness and sexiness and... Stuff. It's very different, I'll give them that. What makes it stranger though is that it feels completely familiar and formulaic at the same time, having played Devil May Cry back in the day an' all (fack off pesky know-it-all quoters, I do know it's made by the same dude).

Also, the physics in the loooooong cutscenes seem to be a bit iffy in places.

I get the distinct feeling that the plot will very quickly descend into unfollowable bollux. I was pretty lost before the title credits, which is a new record even for me (perhaps should have paid more attention to the narration) :rofl:

I'm on the 360 as well and I haven't really noticed a storyline tbh :rofl:

The thing where she stands on her head and shoots bullets out her shoes looks hilarious but that's about the only thing I've enjoyed. And I've never seen so many crotch close ups in the one game :lolwut:

PS. If you press LB repeatedly, it gets even weirder as she does stripper moves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :teehee: There's an update for Uncharted 2. I think Naughty Dog may have caught on with the Crushing cheat, lucky I've done it. :awesome:

Easy 200 GAU kills - Chapter 19. It's an infinite loop, you can use any gun literally.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    200 Kills: GAU - 19

These are the guns the big armored soldiers carry, they look much like a big turret guns.

Found first in Chapter 19.

Since this will take you a lot of time, I liked loading Chapter 19 - Siege, and going to the area next to the mounted turret where the infinite spawn is located. I just purchased the GAU-19 from the Bonuses menu and turning on Infinite Ammo.

SAUCE

ReputationRep:
    Boom. Got Tekken 6 for £23.50. Brand new of course. :yeah:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.