Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of Backwards compatibility it would be NICE to have it in the sense that it would allow me to revisit classics (a bit like the wii which is fully backwards compatible... to be honest the wii is just the gamecube with waggle but I digress) once every 6 months, otherwise I like many others don't really care. The games on the ps3 themselves have become classics for me, must have played uncharted,cod4 and resistance about 5 times each.

@geoff about the dirt 2 demo, is it like dirt 1 where the car seems to rotate and slide around like it's on ice? I hated that about dirt, played maybe 3 seconds and deleted the demo straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    @geoff about the dirt 2 demo, is it like dirt 1 where the car seems to rotate and slide around like it's on ice? I hated that about dirt, played maybe 3 seconds and deleted the demo straight away.
    Yeah pretty much - I think that's their "realism" in driving rally's and stuff. You basically have to not push down the accelerator too much when cornering, otherwise you'll just spin out. Nice and easy acceleration through the corners is the best way. The "flashback" function is useful when you get to rewind if you crash and get to try again. The system will get annoying eventually though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Yeah pretty much - I think that's their "realism" in driving rally's and stuff. You basically have to not push down the accelerator too much when cornering, otherwise you'll just spin out. Nice and easy acceleration through the corners is the best way. The "flashback" function is useful when you get to rewind if you crash and get to try again. The system will get annoying eventually though.
    if you corner with your foot to the floor in a powerful car you will probably spin out! try playing gt5p on proffesional with manual gears and no traction controll. that's what i'm playing atm... it's insanely difficult at S class. i managed a 4th place finish in one race but that's 12 seconds behind 1st

edit: changing go and stop to r2/l2 is a must imo

ReputationRep:
    so its all over, just finished MGS4 :sad: :cry: wow what a game, :eek: im speechless the cut scenes at the end were like a movie, got quite emotional during some of the scenes :redface: it was just truly amazing :woo: although i didnt really understand some of the technical stuff they were on about at the end but meh :tongue:

Spoiler:
    Show
    so Snake didnt die?! :eek: then what spoilers have i been reading :tongue: but he will do soon :sad: i wander what the next MGS will be like cos its kinda over now isnt it :eek:

so yeh an awesome game some of the gameplay and some bosses werent as good as the previous MGS but scenes of nostalgia and generally tying everything up made up for it oh the last battle was epic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    so its all over, just finished MGS4 :sad: :cry: wow what a game, :eek: im speechless the cut scenes at the end were like a movie, got quite emotional during some of the scenes :redface: it was just truly amazing :woo: although i didnt really understand some of the technical stuff they were on about at the end but meh :tongue:

Spoiler:
    Show
    so Snake didnt die?! :eek: then what spoilers have i been reading :tongue: but he will do soon :sad: i wander what the next MGS will be like cos its kinda over now isnt it :eek:

so yeh an awesome game some of the gameplay and some bosses werent as good as the previous MGS but scenes of nostalgia and generally tying everything up made up for it oh the last battle was epic
    what is "love hina" about. you rank it better than death note and elfen lied so i am thinking it must be pretty good!

Spoiler:
    Show
    oh and snake is terminally ill at the end of mgs4, so basically he's dead yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    what is "love hina" about. you rank it better than death note and elfen lied so i am thinking it must be pretty good!

Spoiler:
    Show
    oh and snake is terminally ill at the end of mgs4, so basically he's dead yeah
    ah yeh :sad:

Love Hina is a pretty good romantic comedy, its definitely not "better" than Elfen Lied or Death Note but it was the first anime i watched and i loved it :redface: and my fav anime of all time hence i put it as my no.1 :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing... NOTHING... is better than death note season 1... Season 2 was just annoying.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I love L

ReputationRep:
    anyone recommomend some good ps3 games to kill a week

Apart from COD 4 COD WAW KILLZONE BAD COMPANY MGS4 FIFA 09 RESISTANCE 2 have those

ReputationRep:
    you don't have uncharted... GO BUY IT.

ReputationRep:
    anything else

ReputationRep:
    burnout paradise. I also liked mirror's edge.

ReputationRep:
    i wish i still have my desktop to play counter strike source, nothing worth buying on ps3 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)
    i wish i still have my desktop to play counter strike source, nothing worth buying on ps3 now
    UNCHARTED!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Infamous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciretose)
    chrismufc1

^ i recognize this name, lol, i think i may have played vs this person on call of duty.

p.s.

if you've seen my name before, and i was a prick to you, then im sorry, i am quite an abusive trouble maker online with the mic sometimes, i love winding people up and getting into abusive verbal confrontations haha (on cod4)
    lol yeah you prob played against me in cod4 thats the only game i play now, trying to get to 10th prestige b4 mw2

whats your PSN is it Ciretose?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the IGN review for Arkham Asylum? 9.3 out of 10.

I sometimes disagree with them, but after playing the demo I really believe the game will be THAT good.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think it's stupid that the PSP Go is only £25 cheaper than the new PS3 Slim? I have no idea how Sony can justify £225 for a PSP Go - the PSP is old now, it's not graphically any better etc (to my knowledge) and it's more than the PSP when it first launched!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Does anyone think it's stupid that the PSP Go is only £25 cheaper than the new PS3 Slim? I have no idea how Sony can justify £225 for a PSP Go - the PSP is old now, it's not graphically any better etc (to my knowledge) and it's more than the PSP when it first launched!
    seriously!? that is taking the piss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choad)
    seriously!? that is taking the piss!
    Yup

PSP Go - http://www.game.co.uk/PSP/Hardware/C...le/?s=psp%20go
    PS3 - http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Hardware/~...-Slim-Console/

ReputationRep:
    They need to make their money back somehow. And Sony, knowing people will pay top dollar for new stuff, will charge that price.

Personally, i wouldn't pay more then £120-150 for a PSP. :creep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.