Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    O.I.C - I don't know many people who have PS3s tbf, only about ~5. :o:
    :console:

A lot of my mates started getting a PS3 after I bought mine...and I've met quite a few people at Uni who also have PS3's so it's a big mix. Having said that though I probably play more with 'virtual' friends that real ones, all my mates wanna play is Fifa and we do that anyway when I go round to theirs or they come over! Pfff! Plus most of them suck on Mw2 :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely suck at Fifa. Played it with some of the guys I was working with over the last 2 weeks, I scored 2 goals in total...both in my own net :sad:
    The first was brilliant, I passed the ball to the goal keeper, and he just spread his legs and let the ball roll through...one of the guys later told me I had been using the dodgy controller he meant to throw away :rant:
    Still, 2 own goals is quite an achievement for me! I'm quite good at collecting red cards too...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hobo06)
    I absolutely suck at Fifa. Played it with some of the guys I was working with over the last 2 weeks, I scored 2 goals in total...both in my own net :sad:
    The first was brilliant, I passed the ball to the goal keeper, and he just spread his legs and let the ball roll through...one of the guys later told me I had been using the dodgy controller he meant to throw away :rant:
    Still, 2 own goals is quite an achievement for me! I'm quite good at collecting red cards too...
    Oh dear. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recently started to have issues with downloads from the Store? Certain files will stop at a particular percentage and pausing/restarting does not help. It tends to be larger files like demos and is really annoying. For instance, Moto GP demo always gets stuck at 4%.

All I managed to find about it on Google was this:
    http://www.community.eu.playstation....66862B0AE618ED
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Has anyone recently started to have issues with downloads from the Store? Certain files will stop at a particular percentage and pausing/restarting does not help. It tends to be larger files like demos and is really annoying. For instance, Moto GP demo always gets stuck at 4%.

I downloaded Flower about 3 weeks ago... was fine then for me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    so guys does anyone have ff13 yet? :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Nope...downloaded just cause yesterday and it was done in no time...btw it's a proper fun game! :awesome:

ReputationRep:

yeh back when the heavy rain demo was realesed it always got to 88% and then stopped. it made my mxb really slow as well.
    although it was only that demo. the god of war 3 demo downloaded with no problem.

i had no idea what was up

ReputationRep:

I downloaded the Moto GP and Just Cause 2 demos yesterday without a hitch.

(Original post by The Jester)
    so guys does anyone have ff13 yet? :awesome:
    You have?!?! :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    yeh back when the heavy rain demo was realesed it always got to 88% and then stopped. it made my xmb really slow as well.
    although it was only that demo. the god of war 3 demo downloaded with no problem.

i had no idea what was up
    Yeah, that's exactly the problem, most downloads are fine, it's just odd ones (God of War didn't work for me either). I've found if you download it without choosing "Download In Background" it will work fine.

ReputationRep:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    x

You can name them? :eek: Or was it named already?

I'm confused...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You can name them? :eek: Or was it named already?

I'm confused...
    No it randomly names the bots, and mine came up! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    No it randomly names the bots, and mine came up! :woo:
    O rly? I doubt mine will even come up. :getmecoat:

I keep dying on Bioshock 2...stupid splicers...even with a gun turret and a bot I still can't defend the little sister while she's harvesting ADAM...so annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    O.I.C - I don't know many people who have PS3s tbf, only about ~5. :o:
    Same here, more or less. Most my mates have 360's & say they can't afford PS3's.. Even though they pay the £30-40 for an xbox live gold sub, plus buy points to buy pointless XBLA games & Indie games.. Smart mates! :ahee:

FF13 out already?!

ReputationRep:
    O rly? I doubt mine will even come up. :getmecoat:

I keep dying on Bioshock 2...stupid splicers...even with a gun turret and a bot I still can't defend the little sister while she's harvesting ADAM...so annoying!
    My real name is involved heavily in Bioshock 2. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Same here, more or less. Most my mates have 360's & say they can't afford PS3's.. Even though they pay the £30-40 for an xbox live gold sub, plus buy points to buy pointless XBLA games & Indie games.. Smart mates! :ahee:

FF13 out already?!
    March 9th for Europe right? Though Play.com says it's got it in stock and ready so...

My real name is involved heavily in Bioshock 2. :yes:
    Tenebaum is your real name? :shock:

I joke of course...shows about how far I've got in the game though!

ReputationRep:
    March 9th for Europe right? Though Play.com says it's got it in stock and ready so...

Tenebaum is your real name? :shock:

I joke of course...shows about how far I've got in the game though!
    Seems like only yesterday that the first FF was released. Not that i ever played it, or plan to play FF13. :ahee:

I wish, my mum wanted to call me Tenebaum, but then my dad arrived drunk at hopsital and shouted out "Big Daddy" & the nurse thought that's what my parents wanted to call me & wrote it on my birth certificate.

I never got bullied at school, because i had huge traffic cone hands. Was great.

:proud:

ReputationRep:
    Seems like only yesterday that the first FF was released. Not that i ever played it, or plan to play FF13. :ahee:

I wish, my mum wanted to call me Tenebaum, but then my dad arrived drunk at hopsital and shouted out "Big Daddy" & the nurse thought that's what my parents wanted to call me & wrote it on my birth certificate.

I never got bullied at school, because i had huge traffic cone hands. Was great.

:proud:
    It makes perfect sense, although one thing that doesn't is how do you play on the PS3?

Actually tbh that sentence I wrote doesn't make sense either...if something makes perfect sense but there is something wrong with it then it ain't perfect!

Anyway yeah....I don't understand the hype about FF series at all. I've never played them but why do people have orgasms over it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It makes perfect sense, although one thing that doesn't is how do you play on the PS3?

Actually tbh that sentence I wrote doesn't make sense either...if something makes perfect sense but there is something wrong with it then it ain't perfect!

Anyway yeah....I don't understand the hype about FF series at all. I've never played them but why do people have orgasms over it? :confused:
    Ahh, there have been many problems with me being able to play my ps3. I can't say anymore, as Sony would kill me. I have bluetooth things in my traffic cone hands... That's all i can say :ninja:

I bought an xbox 360 and Microsoft brought forward project natal, just for me. Thankfully i can now experience the full gaming experience without breaking controllers... :ahee:

Some people say i am a little crazy.. This might be evidence that proves their point.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.