Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    For some reason i thought it was set before the first one :lol: Not sure why..

I have a weird love hate relationship with Bioshock. Part of me thought "god i spent loads of money on this crap" but another part me thinks "great game & i miss playing it".. No idea why, it's just one of those things.
    Nah the little sisters from the first game have grown up a bit in the second one so now they're "big sisters" with a huge attitude problem that comes with adolescence...

ReputationRep:
    Okay, sorry to spoil the Bioshock 2 talk, but on ACII...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why exactly are all of the guards using swords in the modern-day ending? :lol: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Spoil getting muller rice'd by a Big Daddy?

I just saved him losing his hair due to the stress! :lol:

Of course, he could just ignore my post, and continue to get killed by them, which i suppose is quite fun :d
    No I meant the Houdini Splicers, hence why I deleted it from the quote! Now he knows what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why exactly are all of the guards using swords in the modern-day ending? :lol: :confused:
    No idea. You would have thought they'd use guns or something! I read somewhere that it was part of the story that the bad guy in the modern day wanted them to escape or something.

I'm sure we'll find out in ACIII.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd say it's to give their enemies a slow and painful sword to the chest death.

Plus a sword looks better then a gun. :cool:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    No I meant the Houdini Splicers, hence why I deleted it from the quote! Now he knows what to expect!
    Oh crap, i thought he had played the first one. My mistake :o:

ReputationRep:
    Plus a sword looks better then a gun. :cool:
    You've got me on that one :p:

ReputationRep:
    You've got me on that one :p:
    Just imagine if Henry VIII used a gun, he wouldn't be the exciting King he is made out to be nowadays. Sword to the head, off with it.. Exciting stuff. No way back.

Gun to the head.. Boring. :sleep:

:lol:

Henry VIII has no reason to be mentioned, but still. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    lol nice one guys

You're worse than my mum when it comes to watching a film she's already seen...

:mmm:

Though I had a look through how many chapters there are and I think I'm about halfway through the game...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    lol nice one guys

You're worse than my mum when it comes to watching a film she's already seen...

:mmm:

Though I had a look through how many chapters there are and I think I'm about halfway through the game...
    Not my fault. :dry:

Wow that was fast! Are you exploring everything/getting all the sisters, or are you just doing a quick run-through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Not my fault. :dry:

Wow that was fast! Are you exploring everything/getting all the sisters, or are you just doing a quick run-through?
    :p:

lol nah it's not that bad tbh cos I'm not that taken in by the story..it might be that I'm shattered though...

I'm going through the game so slowly...I have literally scrounged every part of the chapters trying to find ammo and stuff! And picked a couple of fights with Big Daddies who didn't have Little Sister...and been raped by the Big Sisters...

I just wanna finish it so I can at least move onto ACII...

ReputationRep:
    A tip for the Big Sisters:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Before dealing with the last Little Sister find a Big Daddy, and stick nearby him. When the Big Sister comes they will more than likely (always, without fail, in my case, but I don't know if I was just lucky) start attacking each other and decrease the Big Sister's health a significant amount. You don't even need to use hypnotize on the Big Daddy.

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Just completed Uncharted 2 on normal.

Does anyone know if I'll still get the hard trophy if I just manually select the chapters and completing them on hard? Or do I have to start 'a new game'? (I dont wanna lose bonuses/treasure)

ReputationRep:
    anyone know whether IB and gaming can...you know
    i know it's kinda impossible but still it's....possible, right?

My life felt quite empty yesterday...But then I realised that's because I forgot to boast about platinumming AC2 yesterday :ahee: I did the smart thing and got all the feathers and did all those other annoying trophies first and then enjoyed the game to right to end....Brilliant game I must say

9th platinum :jive:

(Original post by gooner88)

Does anyone know if I'll still get the hard trophy if I just manually select the chapters and completing them on hard? Or do I have to start 'a new game'? (I dont wanna lose bonuses/treasure)
    You do'nt have to start a new game best to my knowledge...But do it on Crushing

ReputationRep:

you DO have to start a new game.
    you shoulda just beat the game on hard first though. hard isn't that difficult. crushing too.
    definitely not as hard as Uncharted 1's crushing.

ReputationRep:

Yes you can do that if you wanted to, you won't lost anything by starting a new game btw
    It carries on everything in the new game save...i.e. the treasures you've found etc....

(Original post by humz2)
    You do'nt have to start a new game best to my knowledge...But do it on Crushing
    But he has to do it on Hard before Crushing is available.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by humz2)
    My life felt quite empty yesterday...But then I realised that's because I forgot to boast about platinumming AC2 yesterday :ahee: I did the smart thing and got all the feathers and did all those other annoying trophies first and then enjoyed the game to right to end....Brilliant game I must say

9th platinum :jive:
    Just as a I thought I was catching up. :getmecoat:

Well done though. :clap2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

When you start a new game, you are asked whether you want to carry the treasures/bonuses over to the new game. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    When you start a new game, you are asked whether you want to carry the treasures/bonuses over to the new game. :yes:
    :hmmm:

Are you sure? It never asked me...then again when I finished it, it already went to chapter 1 straight away.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.