Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And they wonder why the DS is outselling the PSP...

ReputationRep:
    Probably for a few reasons:

1) It's a new console, i.e. one that has a totally new design to its predecessors. So, Sony can milk it ('Creaming' is the correct term, if I recall my GCSE Business Studies correctly). They make the price high, so all the people who "buy what's new" will buy it at that extortionate price, and then they will drop it as soon as sales start falling.
    Happens to almost everything... look at the XBOX360 for instance. Maybe even the PS3...

2) They have a hard drive in-built. This will always cost them more. Anyway, a new part to the machine grants them the power to make a billion percent profit on that hard drive and get away with it. Plus, as all games are downloadable-only now, they have to pay for the servers... just like the PSN store but with more servers etc.

3) Because they're Sony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    No. The answer is mass-market appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Because buying an R4 card is easier than flashing your PSP? :dontknow: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    New Heavy Rain footage coming up. It's like being in a film!

thanks for this Geoff, im absolutely impressed, this is the first 'in game' game play iv seen of it, and its EXACTLY how i hoped it would be, like a film, and the focus is on the characters, and you make your own story. i forgot what its called but its like those books, where you choose an action, then the book tells you to go to a certain chapter to continue the story under those actions you picked.

brilliant, can't wait for this game, if its consistent without issues, and gripping, then it could be an all time favorite for me, and i hope the best for it.. one of the best ps3 exclusives to come i hope.

p.s. i wish left 4 dead was on ps3.

as for backwards compatibility for ps3, i think people go over the top for it. if they wanted it so damn bad then they shouldve bought a ps3 when it had it, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I will get a psp go at the next price drop of the machine, at the moment i've got a preowned DS lite for 50 pounds and a supercard with 2gigs of data... I miss my psp a lot because I used to watch my series on it

Oh and batman AA got 9.3 from ign, so I think it's worth a rental now.

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain looks brilliant. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain looks amazing! It looks so different from anything else coming out. Looking forward to it. Is there a release date for it?

Anyone else notice Tony Hawk Ride is gonna retail for £100? What a douche!

ReputationRep:
    The animation in Heavy Rain, in particular, is absolutely fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Advanced Subsidiary = Hoshigakure

Yeah Heavy Rain is some awesome stuff. Origami Killer =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Advanced Subsidiary = Hoshigakure

Yeah Heavy Rain is some awesome stuff. Origami Killer =]
    Updated. :yy:

Cannot wait for that game either. :yep:

ReputationRep:

:curious:

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain looks gorgeous - they had previews of that game over a year ago - maybe they've somehow made it even better since then?

:curious:
    What's the :curious: for?
    Is it because it's a Microsoft Game Studios game on a PS3? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Heavy Rain looks gorgeous - they had previews of that game over a year ago - maybe they've somehow made it even better since then?

Because it's most likely fake, although currently classed under rumour. Or perhaps a joke? Very sloppy photoshopping in my opinion, the right hand edge of the case doesn't even look right!

ReputationRep:

In a word, yes!

I'm sure it's some sort of joke.

plated infamous killzone 2 [:jive:] fallout3 and burnout.......now working on resi 5, bioshock, midnight club.....

ive played racing games most of my gaming life and midnight club is DAMN hard......fully modded ninja and saleen and i still get overtaken like a slug.....waitin for batman [joker dlc ftw ], gt5 and...*drumroll* GOD OF WAR 3!!! There will only be chaos. Absoloutely epic!

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    Heavy Rain looks amazing! It looks so different from anything else coming out. Looking forward to it. Is there a release date for it?

Anyone else notice Tony Hawk Ride is gonna retail for £100? What a douche!
    check this out :emo:

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Fighting/~.../?s=tekken%206

i would have thought maybe 60/70 quid.....but.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    check this out :emo:

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Fighting/~.../?s=tekken%206

i would have thought maybe 60/70 quid.....but.....
    That doesn't sound too unreasonable, given that it includes a Hori stick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmathematician)
    Because it's most likely fake, although currently classed under rumour. Or perhaps a joke? Very sloppy photoshopping in my opinion, the right hand edge of the case doesn't even look right!
    Now you mention it, it does look a bit weird.
    In a word, yes!

I'm sure it's some sort of joke.
    :eek3: Oh well...
    Gah, I forgot Forza was 360 only Stupid me!:o:

ReputationRep:
    Gah, I forgot Forza was 360 only Stupid me!:o:
    :facepalm2:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.