Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Words cannot describe how angry I am right now. Just started the absolute fail of a game Tekken 6.

First I tried the story mode, which was a whole load of cutscenes, when I just wanted to do some fighting. Basically it ended up being a glorified Tekken Force Mode which I soon quit.

Then I tried the standard arcade mode with Hwoarang who I'm pretty decent with. Got to last last stage without a hitch on medium difficulty, then all of a sudden you have to fight this completely random 15ft tall dragon thing. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BEAT IT?!

I switched it to easy, and tried about 20 times to beat him, and still to no avail. It's absolutely ridiculous that the dragon can kill you whenever it likes using his variety of cheap moves which are impossible to defend. I'm sick and tired of these nonsensical last stage enemies which have no bearing on the story whatsoever and are just put in the game for whatever the hell reason. What happened to the standard Tekken game when you could just go through fighting 8 NORMAL HUMAN enemies to win the arcade mode. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Edit: Forgot to add that I lost the bonus round in the arcade where you have to fight a 15ft robot which fires what seemed like missiles at you. Seriously...

Edit 2: Finally beat the ******* using some techniques I read online. The one hour I've played Tekken 6 has really made me lose faith in beat-em-ups. I'm disappointed that you don't get individual endings scenes with all the different characters. You get nothing for completing the arcade mode (except a trophy...), and it seems the story mode can only be completed with one character.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna buy MW2 soon! Can't believe I'm doing this. I'm no good at FPS (on consoles)!! :woo:

And final fantasy xiii soon after :eek3:

It will keep me occupied until summer!!

ReputationRep:
    Played through the story a bit more and it seems you can play as the other characters, and you do get ending movies. But you do have to defeat that dragon thing again and again with all the different characters (albeit he's slightly easier to defeat here than in the arcade mode apparently). I'll stick with the game a little bit more, but I've not been impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner88)
    I'm gonna buy MW2 soon! Can't believe I'm doing this. I'm no good at FPS (on consoles)!! :woo:

And final fantasy xiii soon after :eek3:

It will keep me occupied until summer!!
    Nice! :yy:

Still waiting for FFXIII to arrive. Don't ever buy from CD WOW imo...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Nice! :yy:

Still waiting for FFXIII to arrive. Don't ever buy from CD WOW imo...
    I'm intending to buy FFXIII from shopto.net. Got my last game next day!

ReputationRep:
    inFamous for £9.99

:holmes:

I might buy it considering I borrowed it off a mate about 8 months ago :mmm:

Geoff, Tekken has kinda been going downhill since like forever...:p:
    Tekken 6 sounds pretty bad though...

Oh yeah got my 150th Nuke :awesome:

Though I doubt people actually care that much anyway...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Words cannot describe how angry I am right now. Just started the absolute fail of a game Tekken 6.

First I tried the story mode, which was a whole load of cutscenes, when I just wanted to do some fighting. Basically it ended up being a glorified Tekken Force Mode which I soon quit.

Then I tried the standard arcade mode with Hwoarang who I'm pretty decent with. Got to last last stage without a hitch on medium difficulty, then all of a sudden you have to fight this completely random 15ft tall dragon thing. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BEAT IT?!

I switched it to easy, and tried about 20 times to beat him, and still to no avail. It's absolutely ridiculous that the dragon can kill you whenever it likes using his variety of cheap moves which are impossible to defend. I'm sick and tired of these nonsensical last stage enemies which have no bearing on the story whatsoever and are just put in the game for whatever the hell reason. What happened to the standard Tekken game when you could just go through fighting 8 NORMAL HUMAN enemies to win the arcade mode. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Edit: Forgot to add that I lost the bonus round in the arcade where you have to fight a 15ft robot which fires what seemed like missiles at you. Seriously...

Edit 2: Finally beat the ******* using some techniques I read online. The one hour I've played Tekken 6 has really made me lose faith in beat-em-ups. I'm disappointed that you don't get individual endings scenes with all the different characters. You get nothing for completing the arcade mode (except a trophy...), and it seems the story mode can only be completed with one character.
    :lol: :console: Sounds a bit like Resistance 2, overly massive bosses. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Played through the story a bit more and it seems you can play as the other characters, and you do get ending movies. But you do have to defeat that dragon thing again and again with all the different characters (albeit he's slightly easier to defeat here than in the arcade mode apparently). I'll stick with the game a little bit more, but I've not been impressed.
    My impression was it's a bit pants as well, but I've got a mate that loves Tekken and we laugh for ages at the different characters on 2 player so that makes it worth it (how ridiculous is an exceptionally obese man fighting a wooden figure with breasts?!) Haven't actually gone near it on single player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :lol: :console: Sounds a bit like Resistance 2, overly massive bosses. :p:
    At least the bosses in R2 were very beatable! :huff:

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    My impression was it's a bit pants as well, but I've got a mate that loves Tekken and we laugh for ages at the different characters on 2 player so that makes it worth it (how ridiculous is an exceptionally obese man fighting a wooden figure with breasts?!) Haven't actually gone near it on single player.
    Yep, the devs do have a random imagination that's for sure!

(Original post by bigmo7)
    inFamous for £9.99

Tekken 5 wasn't great, but at least Jinpachi or whatever his name was was just about beatable, and didn't have as many cheap moves.

150 nukes?! You must be bored of MW2 by now!

ReputationRep:
    Tekken 5 wasn't great, but at least Jinpachi or whatever his name was was just about beatable, and didn't have as many cheap moves.

150 nukes?! You must be bored of MW2 by now!
    Nah well I mean playing with other people who I know makes it bearable because at least you don't get bored...
    Plus I dunno if people suck on MW or what but getting nukes isn't that hard tbf...especially on a game mode like Demolition, CTF or Sabotage...or HQ...or Domination :p:

My only hope is the map packs cos if they are :sogood: then it would probably keep my on MW2 until around the autumn and by then hopefully some good games are out!

ReputationRep:
    A game fit for a hamster.

Crysis 2 footage.

ReputationRep:
    I might actually have to sell a kidney or a lung, just preordered god of war 3, and my mate is badgering me to get borderlands, and FFXIII, two games i'm not particularly interested in. This might just be the month I spend the most on gaming.

ReputationRep:
    :king1: :woo: Finally... number five! :o:

Now I can get on to Bioshock 2
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)

:congrats:

I've not played the PS3 since Monday AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gamed for a long time. Bought Bioshock 2 and stopped after an hour.

Too many distractions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    inFamous for £9.99

Tekken went down hill when they sold it's precious PLAYSTATION (& arcade) EXCLUSIVE soul to the 360, where they completely ****ed it.

150 nukes? Holy Jermain Defoe's forehead :eek: Impressive stuff :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)

:five:

Well done! Which game?

(Original post by A_master)
    I haven't gamed for a long time. Bought Bioshock 2 and stopped after an hour.

Too many distractions.
    Your sig! :toofunny:

Bioshock 2 is brilliant! Keep playing it! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Your sig! :toofunny:

Bioshock 2 is brilliant! Keep playing it! :yep:
    lulz

I will continue to play it and start and complete Dead Space and Infamous while I'm at it after exams next week :smug:

ReputationRep:
    :five:

Well done! Which game?
    ACII :proud:

I would have had it a while ago if it weren't for the February 29 problems!

Nooo :woo: ...the EXACT same thing happened to me...Tekken 6 had the worst introduction of any game I played on the PS3 and I say that as a die hard Tekken fan :sad: After being angry at Tekken 6 for a few weeks, I went back to it and it's now pretty good :yep:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.