Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Guys, help a PS3 gamer in distress. Ok my old HDTV broke, and I'm looking to buy a new FULL HD 1080P set.
    I'll agree with what's already been said here, I think - you can't really go far wrong with the Samsung!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Anyone notice anything different on the OP? :cool:
    I see what you did. :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And you did it wrong. :ahee:

I've started a free trial with lovefilm...you get 15quid cashback for completing the trial with quidco...

firstly, i have no idea how quidco and cashback works...please explain :puppyeyes:

secondly, i want the 15quid and that means COMPLETING the free trial...but i think as soon as u complete it, they take out 10.99 for the renewal, which is kinda unfair then isn't it...anyone kno how to not continue the trial but at the same time get the cashback?

ReputationRep:
    If you cancel before the end of the trial, won't it still give you the full 14 days? Why don't you want to stick with Lovefilm anyway? It's worth it imo.
    Also, the first £5 you earn with Quidco each year goes towards admin fees, so you'll only receive £10.
    This will be easier than me trying to explain how it works: http://www.quidco.com/help/

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm getting married next year. Who thinks I should walk down the aisle to Eleanor's Lullaby from Bioshock 2 :p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWEuTwlzQo

(Original post by hobo06)
    If you cancel before the end of the trial, won't it still give you the full 14 days? Why don't you want to stick with Lovefilm anyway? It's worth it imo.
    Also, the first £5 you earn with Quidco each year goes towards admin fees, so you'll only receive £10.
    This will be easier than me trying to explain how it works: http://www.quidco.com/help/
    Yup I kno that about the £5...My only concern was how do I get the £15 and cancel too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Yup I kno that about the £5...My only concern was how do I get the £15 and cancel too?
    You probably can't, you'll need to pay for at least one month, maybe more.

Also, you will have to wait a year from the date you signed up for Quidco before they will pay out,though you can earn plenty more money in the meantime if you shop online a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Ooooooh pick me pick me I know what's changed!!! me me me over here!! :p:
    :teehee: One of the most boring projects I've undertaken!

(Original post by .Andrew.)
    Do you want me to switch the OP back to you Portsmouth FC PSN ID? :holmes:

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    Hey, I'm getting married next year. Who thinks I should walk down the aisle to Eleanor's Lullaby from Bioshock 2 :p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWEuTwlzQo
    Go for it if both of you would enjoy it! :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I see you managed to get on TSR. :pierre:

I just played Resistance 2 on offline coop, was pretty fail even on normal. You only get 1 life or respawn if the other player is still alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    I've started a free trial with lovefilm...you get 15quid cashback for completing the trial with quidco...

firstly, i have no idea how quidco and cashback works...please explain :puppyeyes:

secondly, i want the 15quid and that means COMPLETING the free trial...but i think as soon as u complete it, they take out 10.99 for the renewal, which is kinda unfair then isn't it...anyone kno how to not continue the trial but at the same time get the cashback?
    I did the trail last year and I didn't cancel in time though I only got charged £3 for the next month
    Basically as long as you went on the LoveFilm page on Quidco, then clicked on the 'Visit retailer' and signed up using that window it opens for you then it will track on Quidco...LoveFilm take ~3 months to payout though...
    About the trail, when I did it I had to receive and send back at least 1 DVD while having like 10 on my Wishlist...dunno what it is now though. I cancelled over the phone....

(Original post by spikeymike)

I just played Resistance 2 on offline coop, was pretty fail even on normal. You only get 1 life or respawn if the other player is still alive.
    R2 co-op is hard but also very good fun! When it came out it was awesome...we'd get the max number of players on and I think the only classes we ever picked were the medic and spec ops or whatever they're called...admittedly off-line is pretty hard!

Btw TSR did have a lot of downtime from last night yes? It wasn't just me was it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    R2 co-op is hard but also very good fun! When it came out it was awesome...we'd get the max number of players on and I think the only classes we ever picked were the medic and spec ops or whatever they're called...admittedly off-line is pretty hard!

Btw TSR did have a lot of downtime from last night yes? It wasn't just me was it?
    I was on from literally 7pm-1am.

ReputationRep:
    I was on from literally 7pm-1am.
    But after that up until a couple of hours ago I couldn't get on at all...tried checking TSR on http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it said TSR was up so I dunno why it wouldn't let me on!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    But after that up until a couple of hours ago I couldn't get on at all...tried checking TSR on http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it said TSR was up so I dunno why it wouldn't let me on!
    ISP fail. :p: Geoff PM'd me on PSN asking if TSR was down about 2hrs ago. I said no. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    ISP fail. :p: Geoff PM'd me on PSN asking if TSR was down about 2hrs ago. I said no. :pierre:

Everything else worked...just TSR failing. Stupid Canadian servers...

ReputationRep:

It finally sorted itself out. :nothing:

(Original post by xeonman9000)
    You probably can't, you'll need to pay for at least one month, maybe more.

Also, you will have to wait a year from the date you signed up for Quidco before they will pay out,though you can earn plenty more money in the meantime if you shop online a lot.
    I did the trail last year and I didn't cancel in time though I only got charged £3 for the next month
    Basically as long as you went on the LoveFilm page on Quidco, then clicked on the 'Visit retailer' and signed up using that window it opens for you then it will track on Quidco...LoveFilm take ~3 months to payout though...
    About the trail, when I did it I had to receive and send back at least 1 DVD while having like 10 on my Wishlist...dunno what it is now though. I cancelled over the phone....
    Yes i did that...Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the COD4 maps they could have released as MW2 DLC, they release one of the ones that I dislike .

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0817?cid=SLink

But paying for old maps ?

I'd rather swap all MW2 maps for COD4 maps.

Wish COD4 had fixed servers, rather than having "Host Ended Game" every other game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    Out of all the COD4 maps they could have released as MW2 DLC, they release one of the ones that I dislike .

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0817?cid=SLink

But paying for old maps ?

I'd rather swap all MW2 maps for COD4 maps.

Wish COD4 had fixed servers, rather than having "Host Ended Game" every other game.
    Overgrown was speculated since pretty much release, I love Crash though! Absolutely love it...

I did notice though that while hosting on Cod4 the servers are a lot more sensitive to a spike in your internet connection and usually they did end games...however on Mw2 it happens a lot less but I think that's purely because of the host migration and the period you need a drop in the connections for it to re-evaluate hosts. Having said that I used to host on Cod4 and it was fine...never really had a problem. Though you could easily get people with a very poor upload speed hosting purely because they got into the lobby first...still I prefer that to the game trying to pick a host because it usually picks a **** host!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Yes i did that...Thanks
    Btw Quidco pay out the money they receive at the end of the month they receive it, so far I've managed to get ~£200 cashback with them.

ReputationRep:
    Btw Quidco pay out the money they receive at the end of the month they receive it, so far I've managed to get ~£200 cashback with them.
    :yes: It can take a while for them to receive the money from the merchant, though - but that's not their fault.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.