Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

This is so good!

ReputationRep:
    I'm returning MAG after playing about 15-16 hours of it. It's an alright game, was good fun unlocking some things etc, but no teamworking most of the time just killed it for me. Also it's pretty hardcore.

And I got Valve complete collection so I'm playing L4D at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    My god the respawn system on Uncharted 2 multiplayer is broken!

Enjoying the DLC though, even if levels 40+ only seem to convene there and kick my ass.

Everyone I need a bit of help....How long would it take to complete Bioshock 2 in playthrough in terms of game hours for the platinum? [excluding online level 40]

ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Everyone I need a bit of help....How long would it take to complete Bioshock 2 in playthrough in terms of game hours for the platinum? [excluding online level 40]

ty
    Undoubtedly someone will tell me I'm slow, but as a completionist I'd say 15-20 hours to get everything on one playthrough, on hard/no vita chambers (load times take a while :sigh:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Undoubtedly someone will tell me I'm slow, but as a completionist I'd say 15-20 hours to get everything on one playthrough, on hard/no vita chambers (load times take a while :sigh:).
    Yeah, that's probably about right, though it will probably be a bit faster for people who have played the fist one or a lot of other shooters. Just make sure you look up how to get the 9-irony trophy.

On a side note: I'm currently renting Just Cause 2 and it is probably the most genuinely FUN game I've played in years. The sandbox environment is HUGE (eight times bigger than Liberty City):

The graphics can be pretty damn sexy too (despite some pop-in issues), I definitely recommend that everyone checks it out, if you like GTA, you will like Just Cause 2.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in my copy of Heavy Rain for £30 delivered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Yeah, that's probably about right, though it will probably be a bit faster for people who have played the fist one or a lot of other shooters. Just make sure you look up how to get the 9-irony trophy.

On a side note: I'm currently renting Just Cause 2 and it is probably the most genuinely FUN game I've played in years. The sandbox environment is HUGE (eight times bigger than Liberty City):

The graphics can be pretty damn sexy too (despite some pop-in issues), I definitely recommend that everyone checks it out, if you like GTA, you will like Just Cause 2.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I do want Just Cause 2, but i can see myself **** around on it for a few hours then getting bored of it. Is it worth buying, I've pretty much finished GOW3, i cant be arsed to platinum it, i never really bother with trophies anyway. I was thinking of Trading it in and getting JC2, that or bad company, i want a online FPS, and i dont really like MW2.

Ok thanks

btw, i saw ur ADAM score online...im way in the lead :ahee: But i have played for like double the time you have :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Cannot sign into the PSN...are they uploading the firmware or something cos it comes up as finding v3.21 but it can't download it.

Edit: I guess they were, it just told me an update is available....well they should really call it a downgrade for the old PS3's...

ReputationRep:
    Just completed Final Fantasy XIII. The words "epic", "incredible", "riveting", "beautiful", "outstanding" and "fantastic" come to mind. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just spent half an hour downloading it and I found it on the Playstation website and I could've downloaded it within 4 mins :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Omg I just spent half an hour downloading it and I found it on the Playstation website and I could've downloaded it within 4 mins :facepalm:
    Half an hour?! It only took me 5 minutes using the standard procedure! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/01/10...sony-confirms/

10 games added to the PS3 "platinum" collection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Just completed Final Fantasy XIII. The words "epic", "incredible", "riveting", "beautiful", "outstanding" and "fantastic" come to mind. :coma:
    Really? Do you think it would appeal to someone like me who a) generally doesn't go for RPGs and b) hasn't really played much FF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Ok thanks

btw, i saw ur ADAM score online...im way in the lead :ahee: But i have played for like double the time you have :teehee:
    I never claimed to actually be any good at Bioshock 2 multiplayer! :p: 10% of the way to level 40 (and a platinum)... I think I'll probably have had enough before I get that far... :ninja:
    Hopefully I'll find FFXIII, Heavy Rain, or possibly even Darksiders at a cheap enough price to convince me to pick at least one of them up shortly.

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/01/10...sony-confirms/

10 games added to the PS3 "platinum" collection.
    Good to see - though I've already got everything from that list that I'm interested in. Actually, aren't several of those already out in Platinum versions in the UK? :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What is this new PS3 update? :holmes:

P.S I sold Resistance 2. :teehee: Back to good ol' Fifa 10. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Removal of the option to install a different OS on fat PS3s. AFAIK, that is all (I posted a link from the PS Blog a few days ago) - not much of an update. :facepalm2:

Edit: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-v3-21-update/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)

P.S I sold Resistance 2. :teehee: Back to good ol' Fifa 10. :grin:
    :lol:

Already?!

Nice. :borat:

ReputationRep:

Good to see - though I've already got everything from that list that I'm interested in. Actually, aren't several of those already out in Platinum versions in the UK? :confused:
    I think a few of those games were already at knock-down prices at some retailers (Dead Space for example), but were not officially "platinum".

The only game in that list that appeals to me and that I don't already own is the God of War Collection.

(Original post by Magnanimity)
    Really? Do you think it would appeal to someone like me who a) generally doesn't go for RPGs and b) hasn't really played much FF?
    It's hard to say. The thing with Final Fantasy games is that you have to be patient with them and allow it to ease you into the game mechanics (battle system, etc). Once you get used to it, the gameplay can get quite tactical.

But if you're one who just really loves games for their story and graphics, I couldn't recommend it enough. :yy:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.