Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pay day Tuesday! I can finally get a new TV and get back on the PS3!
    For some bizarre reason my PS3 and DVD player will not work via HDMI on the TV, but the 360 and laptop will. Trying the PS3 and DVD player on my friends TV works fine though. Give me a reason to buy a new TV though.

ReputationRep:
    psn=SCO-_-EL_RusTo i.e legend at MW2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greig_R)
    psn=SCO-_-EL_RusTo i.e legend at MW2
    Updated. :yy:

Welcome to the thread!

You should look up Bigmo7 on this thread, he's also legendary at MW2. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This is impressive, playing MW2 whilst riding a bike:

http://kotaku.com/5508520/f1-driver-...-riding-a-bike
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    This is impressive, playing MW2 whilst riding a bike:

http://kotaku.com/5508520/f1-driver-...-riding-a-bike
    I bet there's something else outside the camera view playing it for him. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    He's probably playing it on easiest difficulty anyway :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Hey!
    Hey - just quoting you cos I know you've platinumed Infamous. I'm going for it as well - got everything apart from the dead drops, blast shards and negative karma upgrades. How long did it take you to collect everything? Also, I haven't got enough XP to buy all the remaining upgrades and I really don't wanna have to do all those side missions for 100XP each.....is there a good place to get easy XP after the game's finished??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    Hey - just quoting you cos I know you've platinumed Infamous. I'm going for it as well - got everything apart from the dead drops, blast shards and negative karma upgrades. How long did it take you to collect everything? Also, I haven't got enough XP to buy all the remaining upgrades and I really don't wanna have to do all those side missions for 100XP each.....is there a good place to get easy XP after the game's finished??
    You know that you don't have to buy all of the upgrades for the trophy, but only the ones designated as good/evil? You'll get the most XP on the last island, and if you don't clear any of the side missions that should leave a good number of enemies around.

Are you starting a new game from scratch? I can't remember exactly how long it took me to do a 100% run, but ~20 hours would seem a reasonable estimate - that includes doing all side-missions and stunts, though, so you may find that it's quicker for you.

This might help you for collecting all of the shards: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/942025/56681
    ...though if you want to do it 'properly', remember that the in-game 'radar' can show you where nearby shards are.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just had a thought... with the PS3 Move, Resi 5 might actually be half playable on the PS3. :holmes: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You know that you don't have to buy all of the upgrades for the trophy, but only the ones designated as good/evil? You'll get the most XP on the last island, and if you don't clear any of the side missions that should leave a good number of enemies around.

Are you starting a new game from scratch? I can't remember exactly how long it took me to do a 100% run, but ~20 hours would seem a reasonable estimate - that includes doing all side-missions and stunts, though, so you may find that it's quicker for you.

This might help you for collecting all of the shards: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/942025/56681
    ...though if you want to do it 'properly', remember that the in-game 'radar' can show you where nearby shards are.
    That's a good map - cheers!

Nah I'm not starting a new game, I've already completed it twice, I'm just finishing up the last few trophies atm. Pretty sure I've already played it for at least 20 hours, and I haven't even started on the blast shards yet

I just need about 6,000 XP to buy the last couple of evil upgrades - I know you don't have to buy the neutral ones, although I did buy the damage resistance ones to help me through my hard playthrough so...ugh - guess I'll just have to go around killing people then!

Everyone I kinda need a bit of help

On bioshock 2, i kind of missed the opportunity to get the trophy where u and the little sister dont get hurt during a harvest, cos ive already left ryan amusements any tips anyone? will i have to start again and come back to it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Everyone I kinda need a bit of help

On bioshock 2, i kind of missed the opportunity to get the trophy where u and the little sister dont get hurt during a harvest, cos ive already left ryan amusements any tips anyone? will i have to start again and come back to it ?
    :nah: There are plenty of other opportunities to get it. Personally, I got it from Pauper's Drop. One of the gather locations has a security camera, which is very helpful when hacked. Save a couple of times during the gather when you get a brief respite from splicers, and lay down as many traps as you can.

Failing that, it's really quick to rush through the first few areas on an easy playthrough later.

:nah: There are plenty of other opportunities to get it. Personally, I got it from Pauper's Drop. One of the gather locations has a security camera, which is very helpful when hacked. Save a couple of times during the gather when you get a brief respite from splicers, and lay down as many traps as you can.

Failing that, it's really quick to rush through the first few areas on an easy playthrough later.
    Thank you I saw ur ADAM score online...ur doing quite well for the small amount of hours you've put in :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Thank you I saw ur ADAM score online...ur doing quite well for the small amount of hours you've put in :woo:
    :top2: Nothing like as much ADAM/game as you though! How do you get your average up to 700+?

I've been playing Team ADAM Grab mainly, which seems to be both good for levelling (there's a minimum 150 ADAM per game, plus up to 540 for holding the Little Sister for the full three minutes, which I've done once) and a bit different from many standard FPS multiplayer modes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I do want Just Cause 2, but i can see myself **** around on it for a few hours then getting bored of it. Is it worth buying, I've pretty much finished GOW3, i cant be arsed to platinum it, i never really bother with trophies anyway. I was thinking of Trading it in and getting JC2, that or bad company, i want a online FPS, and i dont really like MW2.
    If you're a fan of GTA, then you will love it, there is even more freedom available than GTA due to the grappling hook, parachute and availability of aircraft. At first I thought it would be a bit of a let down, but it's so epic in scale and very well made. There's even an island with the LOST "hatch" on it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    If you're a fan of GTA, then you will love it, there is even more freedom available than GTA due to the grappling hook, parachute and availability of aircraft. At first I thought it would be a bit of a let down, but it's so epic in scale and very well made. There's even an island with the LOST "hatch" on it .
    I love GTA, maybe its because im still quiet early into the story, but atm its just drive somewhere, kill every, drive some place else, kill every, which ive seen millions of times before.

And i have only ever watched 1 episode of lost, about 5 years ago so i have no idea what this hatch thing is :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a 20 quid card and downloaded the level packs for little big planet. :woo:

Done it in the place you described :yep: Thanks :yep:

:top2: Nothing like as much ADAM/game as you though! How do you get your average up to 700+?

I've been playing Team ADAM Grab mainly, which seems to be both good for levelling (there's a minimum 150 ADAM per game, plus up to 540 for holding the Little Sister for the full three minutes, which I've done once) and a bit different from many standard FPS multiplayer modes.
    Basically, I usually play capture the sister...Capturing her isn't my priority tbh as it is difficult if your team mates don't co-ordinate with you [which they don't :hmmm:]
    Kills + extensive research + extensive hacking means a HUGE amount per game...that's why my average is so high

Be sure to equip the required tonics to make hacking and researching faster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    Basically, I usually play capture the sister...Capturing her isn't my priority tbh as it is difficult if your team mates don't co-ordinate with you [which they don't :hmmm:]
    Kills + extensive research + extensive hacking means a HUGE amount per game...that's why my average is so high

Be sure to equip the required tonics to make hacking and researching faster
    Hmm... sounds quite good, though I do like the bonus ADAM that you get from holding the Sister in ADAM Grab - 3 ADAM per second is pretty good. I've got a higher rate of ADAM gain that you as well, considering it by time rather than per game! :p:

Also, I've just picked up FFXIII from eBay for just over £24. It being entirely covered by my current PayPal balance makes it even better!

ReputationRep:
    Also, I've just picked up FFXIII from eBay for just over £24. It being entirely covered by my current PayPal balance makes it even better!
    :five:

You're gonna love it!

Anyone downloaded the free Warhawk dynamic theme? It's pretty cool that the background scenery changes depending if it's day or night! :gah:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.