Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humz2)
    You did beat me to it :nothing:

Well done :clap2: How many platinums have you got now?

And yea, good timing indeed :woo:
    Six now

Has the LBP theme always been free? There's a new LBP theme included in today's store update - I assume/hope that it's the dynamic one. Somthing to try out later, I think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Six now

Has the LBP theme always been free? There's a new LBP theme included in today's store update - I assume/hope that it's the dynamic one. Something to try out later, I think.
    Same as me! :five:

New LBP theme?! :gah:

Bought 2 games this week... Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2. BC1 is yet to come through the post, BC2 I just bought now. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Same as me! :five:

New LBP theme?! :gah:

Bought 2 games this week... Battlefield: Bad Company 1 & 2. BC1 is yet to come through the post, BC2 I just bought now. :woo:
    FPS spree then... enjoy!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I see that it didn't take you long to update your profile

FFXIII seems good so far. I can see what people have been getting at with the linearity, but then again, I'm only in the first chapter right now. :o: Those who do have it (I'm looking at you, Geoff :p:) - I know that there's an achievement for collecting all 'treasures' (so, don't sell anything), but is there anything else missable that I should know about?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    FPS spree then... enjoy!
    [spoiler]I see that it didn't take you long to update your profile [/spoiler
    :yep: :yep:

I had to - just for the record! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    FFXIII seems good so far. I can see what people have been getting at with the linearity, but then again, I'm only in the first chapter right now. :o: Those who do have it (I'm looking at you, Geoff :p:) - I know that there's an achievement for collecting all 'treasures' (so, don't sell anything), but is there anything else missable that I should know about?
    That's pretty much it I think. Do not sell ANY accessories or weapons (unless you've got a ridiculous amount of the same item), and make sure you explore the maps THOROUGHLY to find the treasures. It's not hard to find the treasure "chests" anyway since they're always at the end of a dead-end!

If you've never played a FF before this one, you probably don't mind the linearity anyway! :p: It took a bit of getting used to for me, but it grew on me.

At the moment I'm just making my characters as strong as possible post-game. Each character now has at least 17,000 HP. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    That's pretty much it I think. Do not sell ANY accessories or weapons (unless you've got a ridiculous amount of the same item), and make sure you explore the maps THOROUGHLY to find the treasures. It's not hard to find the treasure "chests" anyway since they're always at the end of a dead-end!

If you've never played a FF before this one, you probably don't mind the linearity anyway! :p: It took a bit of getting used to for me, but it grew on me.

At the moment I'm just making my characters as strong as possible post-game. Each character now has at least 17,000 HP. :awesome:
    I've played both FFX and FFXII on the PS2, though neither all the way through :o: (something that I'm looking to change this time around).

Six now

Has the LBP theme always been free? There's a new LBP theme included in today's store update - I assume/hope that it's the dynamic one. Somthing to try out later, I think.
    Never heard of it being free :dontknow:

Btw, current games en route to platinum...Bioshock 2, Tekken 6 and FF13 :p: My bro has been playin it and is on chapter 13 now i think...13 platinums atm, with a potential of 16 in the next few weeks :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I've played both FFX and FFXII on the PS2, though neither all the way through :o: (something that I'm looking to change this time around).
    :eek:

XII I can excuse, but X was brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

XII I can excuse, but X was brilliant!
    I've still got both, though, so I can still go back to it :p: I got my PS3 before completing it and was waylaid. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I can proudly say, ive never played any FF game, ever, like ever ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I can proudly say, ive never played any FF game, ever, like ever ever.
    :goaway:

You really should give them a try!

Oh, and Geoff - I forgot to add that I also have FFVII for gradual playing on my PSP. I never had a PS1 so missed it the first time around

ReputationRep:
    Set up a new LoveFilm trial and have three of FFXIII, Heavy Rain, God of War III, White Knight Chronicles and Bioshock 2 on the way. :gthumb:

So poor. Currently trying to plat CoD6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Set up a new LoveFilm trial and have three of FFXIII, Heavy Rain, God of War III, White Knight Chronicles and Bioshock 2 on the way. :gthumb:

So poor. Currently trying to plat CoD6.
    Let us know which you get, though you can't really go too far wrong with those (granted, GoW's not my kind of game, but most people love it :p:).

Good luck with the MW2 platinum! I found Spec Ops to be where I fell down on my (incomplete) attempt. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Geoff - I forgot to add that I also have FFVII for gradual playing on my PSP. I never had a PS1 so missed it the first time around
    VII is very good too. VIII was the best imo.

I also downloaded VII months ago for nostalgia's sake! Haven't really played it though!

I want to get VIII on download eventually, but I don't see any point in buying it just yet as there's so many other games to play. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    :goaway:

You really should give them a try!
    ive never been interested in JRPGs, not or any RPG really, the only ones ive properly got into are the KOTOR series, and Fallout.

I used to sit at my mates house, and he would just play ff.... and it bored the hell out of me, seriously, i would literally fall asleep, i didn't find the story engaging, the gameplay looked meh, i dont see the appeal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    ive never been interested in JRPGs, not or any RPG really, the only ones ive properly got into are the KOTOR series, and Fallout.

I used to sit at my mates house, and he would just play ff.... and it bored the hell out of me, seriously, i would literally fall asleep, i didn't find the story engaging, the gameplay looked meh, i dont see the appeal!
    Fair enough, I suppose! :p: KOTOR and Fallout are good too (I really ought to see about finding a cheap copy of Fallout 3 GotY at some point for the extra DLC). :yes:

ReputationRep:
    MW2 Stimulus Package arriving here for the PS3 on May 4th.

It will probably cost at least £10 too. No thanks...

ReputationRep:
    MW2 Stimulus Package arriving here for the PS3 on May 4th.

It will probably cost at least £10 too. No thanks...
    :sadnod: Enough people will buy it regardless of price that they can get away with it. :sigh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Incredibles, LBP style! :teehee: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I suppose! :p: KOTOR and Fallout are good too (I really ought to see about finding a cheap copy of Fallout 3 GotY at some point for the extra DLC). :yes:
    I had fallout3 for my xbox, 15 hours of gameplay lost thanks to RROD, so when i went for the PS3 version a while back, the GOTY edition was like £40, the standard was £15 maybe, i figured its probably not as much to pay for the dlc on PSN, and i can choose what i want, some of them are crap apparently.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.