Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im buying a ps3 tommorrow are there any shops that do student discounts? Was thinking about buying a bundle- i heard zavvi do it but no word of it on their website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qms92)
    Im buying a ps3 tommorrow are there any shops that do student discounts? Was thinking about buying a bundle- i heard zavvi do it but no word of it on their website.
    To my knowledge, student discounts don't tend to apply to consoles.

I'd suggest just looking for a good bundle, though I can't immediately suggest where's best. Have you tried looking at online stores first to see what they offer? The sort of places I'd think to try are Amazon, Game, Play, Gameplay, HMV...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Illusionary)

I'd suggest just looking for a good bundle, though I can't immediately suggest where's best. Have you tried looking at online stores first to see what they offer? The sort of places I'd think to try are Amazon, Game, Play, Gameplay, HMV...
    I was going to say this too but wasn't sure neither. Student discount don't apply on hardware.

ShopTo is very good.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    IIRC, you have a PSP? If you do, do you get trophies on PSP games? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    IIRC, you have a PSP? If you do, do you get trophies on PSP games? :teeth:
    Yes (thanks to TSR ), and no . Too easily hacked, apparently...

ReputationRep:

Which is why, you need a job in a place which sells consoles! Staff discount ftw!

I got my PS3 Slim for £170 just after release, bargin.

Moving on

Ive been half considering a PSP myself, i just cant justify the money for it. I hardly play my DS, and whenever i go on trips home, or long journeys, my iphone seems to do fine for things like games and films. I dont really want full games on a hand held i guess, just something i can pick up, **** around on for an hour, then forget about it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes (thanks to TSR ), and no . Too easily hacked, apparently...
    You won/got given a PSP from TSR? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    You won/got given a PSP from TSR? :gah:
    :yep: Won it from reviewing on Coursework.info :jive:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :yep: Won it from reviewing on Coursework.info :jive:
    :awesome: :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I had 7 in my starting squad when I first started UT. :dry: I have 5 spanish players now. :awesome:

Edit:
    Yeah you're right, bronze players aren't worth selling. :dry:
    Bronze players never sell, unless they are the "rare" ones, then they go for like 10k+ :eek:

Also, if you have enough coins, i will recommend some players for you:

Djibril Cissé (Panathinaikos) - Can pick him up for about 700 coins. Great pace, shooting is great as well. Can more or less score in every game.

Jermaine Jenas - Get him for around 400 coins. Fast, good shooting power & great at freekicks.

Kranjcar - All round great CAM, will boost your Chemistry when on the left. Get him for around 250-500 coins

Wayne Bridge - Solid LB, will also boost your chemistry. Get him for around 200-400 coins

Gomes (GK) - Great Goalie for your team, will boost the chemistry in defence. 250-500 coins (maybe a bit more)

Salvador Cabanas - Striker, shooting is great, pace is good, same as Cisse, can more or less score from most positions at about 25-30 yard. 250(ish) coins

Falcao (ST - Porto) - Great player, again, another that will bang them in with ease.

John O'Shea - Solid RB, will boost your Chemistry. 200-600 coins.

All Gold players.

Also, there is no point in buying "packs" as you get absolutely crap players, unless you buy like 6-7 packs in one go. Best to just get players on the marketplace

The trophies will then start pouring in!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bronze players never sell, unless they are the "rare" ones, then they go for like 10k+ :eek:

Also, if you have enough coins, i will recommend some players for you:

Djibril Cissé (Panathinaikos) - Can pick him up for about 700 coins. Great pace, shooting is great as well. Can more or less score in every game.

Jermaine Jenas - Get him for around 400 coins. Fast, good shooting power & great at freekicks.

Kranjcar - All round great CAM, will boost your Chemistry when on the left. Get him for around 250-500 coins

Wayne Bridge - Solid LB, will also boost your chemistry. Get him for around 200-400 coins

Gomes (GK) - Great Goalie for your team, will boost the chemistry in defence. 250-500 coins (maybe a bit more)

Salvador Cabanas - Striker, shooting is great, pace is good, same as Cisse, can more or less score from most positions at about 25-30 yard. 250(ish) coins

Falcao (ST - Porto) - Great player, again, another that will bang them in with ease.

John O'Shea - Solid RB, will boost your Chemistry. 200-600 coins.

All Gold players.

Also, there is no point in buying "packs" as you get absolutely crap players, unless you buy like 6-7 packs in one go. Best to just get them on the marketplace

The trophies will then start pouring in!
    :ta:
    This is my current squad... (screenshot taken from the Fifa UT web app)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Gilardino - Luis Garcia
    Cigarini - Perotta - Senna - Cazorla
    Grosso - Brown - Dann - Nelson
    Turnbull

I need to remove Nelson :lol: - I want glen Johnson but he's like 10K, perhaps a Spanish RB... :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Looks damn good. All you need is a decent manager with +3 contracts & that would push you up to about 92 chemistry :yy: Try Sir Alex or Rafa Benitez

Seeing your squad, you would probably only need O'Shea (or Zabaleta) as RB, would be perfect.

Not sure why Johnson is so much, he's not even that good in the game, always running forward & leaving your defence on one side exposed

Apart from the bronze one, that is a good squad you hsve :yy:

ReputationRep:
    My UT team is : Reina, Sagna, Vermaelan, Gallas, A. Cole, A. Young, Fabregas, Arteta, Malouda, Torres and Anelka.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Looks damn good. All you need is a decent manager with +3 contracts & that would push you up to about 92 chemistry :yy: Try Sir Alex or Rafa Benitez

Seeing your squad, you would probably only need O'Shea (or Zabaleta) as RB, would be perfect.

Not sure why Johnson is so much, he's not even that good in the game, always running forward & leaving your defence on one side exposed

Apart from the bronze one, that is a good squad you hsve :yy:
    :ta:

I had David moyes but he doesn't favour 4-4-2, only Martin Jol (IIRC) favoured this formation. :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    My UT team is : Reina, Sagna, Vermaelan, Gallas, A. Cole, A. Young, Fabregas, Arteta, Malouda, Torres and Anelka.
    How did you get Torres?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Very nice :yes:

Did you get them on the market?

Torres is always a stupidly high price, like 200k. Saw Cesc for 15k BIN Earlier, was very tempted.

This is mine at the moment. I have 3 of my best players injured & out for 4-5 games. Kuyt is a beast up front on his own, but it's usually Defoe, due to his pace. With Defoe up front, i have found it quite easy to beat other players online by 2-3 goals. Love it.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    How did you get Torres?! :zomg:
    He's your's for a BIN price of about 200k! :lol:

Or on ebay for about £3! :teeth:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does having a manager increase chemistry? :holmes:

Obviously I'd like more freedom of player nationality without reducing chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Does having a manager increase chemistry? :holmes:

Obviously I'd like more freedom of player nationality without reducing chemistry.
    Yes it does. As long as you play in his favoured formation.

But you can get cards that change his formation to your one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes it does. As long as you play in his favoured formation.

But you can get cards that change his formation to your one.
    I see... I imagine that would be a rare card. :holmes:

Will have to look for Martin Jol. :ninja:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.