Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I see... I imagine that would be a rare card. :holmes:

Will have to look for Martin Jol. :ninja:
    Nope, not that rare. Usually loads on the marketplace. Some greedy ****s out there who list them for like 2000 coins though :hmmm:

Martin Jol is a good choice & only about 150 coins

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what this FIFA Ultimate Team is about and how it works... :getmecoat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Nope, not that rare. Usually loads on the marketplace. Some greedy ****s out there who list them for like 2000 coins though :hmmm:

Martin Jol is a good choice & only about 150 coins
    There's one that expires in 2mins, only 600. :ninja:

Edit:
    Winner! :king1: 98 chemistry. :gah: David Moyes. :sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I have no idea what this FIFA Ultimate Team is about and how it works... :getmecoat:
    Basically, it's like pokemon trading cards.

You get a set of cards to build a squad initially, the quality of a set of cards is determined by whether it's Bronze, Silver or Gold - player skill is determined by a value just like in normal Fifa.

You gain coins by winning games and tournaments. You can also gain coins buy auctioning your players online, people can bid or 'buy now' or trade for your card, which is why I described as being a bit like eBay.

You can get cards to improve players, you can buy these from the online market or get them from buying packs from the in-game store.

Your goal is to build the ultimate team starting from a random generated starting squad, though approximately the computer gives you players of between 50-60 overall.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, it's like pokemon trading cards.

You get a set of cards to build a squad initially, the quality of a set of cards is determined by whether it's Bronze, Silver or Gold - player skill is determined by a value just like in normal Fifa.

You gain coins by winning games and tournaments. You can also gain coins buy auctioning your players online, people can bid or 'buy now' or trade for your card, which is why I described as being a bit like eBay.

You can get cards to improve players, you can buy these from the online market or get them from buying packs from the in-game store.

Your goal is to build the ultimate team starting from a random generated starting squad, though approximately the computer gives you players of between 50-60 overall.
    So you have to pay real life money for some virtual player cards? :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So you have to pay real life money for some virtual player cards? :lolwut:
    You can use real life money to buy the Gold packs from the in-game store. You use coins to bid and buy from the market.

ReputationRep:
    You can use real life money to buy the Gold packs from the in-game store. You use coins to bid and buy from the market.
    So it's possible to eventually get a gold rated team without spending a penny?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So it's possible to eventually get a gold rated team without spending a penny?
    Yep, but I bought 2 for the lulz... £1.19 per pack IIRC (The gold 'special edition' pack). Same number of cards of the standard pack but with 2 extra rares. Standard pack is 79p. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but I bought 2 for the lulz... £1.19 per pack IIRC (The gold 'special edition' pack). Same number of cards of the standard pack but with 2 extra rares. Standard pack is 79p.
    and what players were inside these gold packs of yours
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    and what players were inside these gold packs of yours
    The good ones: Luis Garcia, Senna :yy:

ReputationRep:
    The good ones: Luis Garcia, Senna
    not bad, so i guess all the top rated players are in there, so you could have hit jackpot and had ronaldo messi DANNY ROSE etc <that one was just for geoff!!! and the other arsenal fans on this board>

is it a good game type, can you play players online or just vs computr etc...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    not bad, so i guess all the top rated players are in there, so you could have hit jackpot and had ronaldo messi DANNY ROSE etc <that one was just for geoff!!! and the other arsenal fans on this board>

Yeah... 35 yard volley I heard. :woo:

There are online tournaments but I've not tried yet. There's loads of trophies, some with requirements i.e. max players from 1 nation: 4.

:fyi: Messi is 99 overall. :eek3: Van Persie's free kick was going in! :dry:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    lmfao

ReputationRep:
    wow i just found out something amazing. its the best thing thats ever happened to me in my gaming life so far.

i was flipping through the little booklet manual inside FFVII for ps1 and i found out i share the same birthday as Cloud XD

im sooo happy
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Pompey 7-4 Reading :lolwut:

Beavers :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Completed LBP story mode. Really enjoying it! Think I might have to buy it.

ReputationRep:

:hand:

ReputationRep:
    :shakehand:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone play club matches on Fifa? Where you and your friends have your own team and all that?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.