Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Release date(s)
    JP February 5, 2009
    EU June 25, 2010

Wtf? Why would they release it so late?! :eek3:

I know I'm being proper lazy here but what is it about? Is it like Dark Cloud (doubt you'll know what game I'm on about )?
    Yeah exactly :nothing:

Sorry I never heard of that game :p: But read this
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1033437p1.html

(Original post by james99)
    Yeah I've heard it's good. I've never played the first two games though....I think you can buy them on PSN though so might do that!
    Or you could buy this :coma:

http://www.cdwow.com/games/god-of-wa...n-3/dp/8776529

The 1st 2 games have been remade in HD and include trophies too

ReputationRep:
    Major quotage coming up. Haven't been on TSR for a couple of days. :p:

(Original post by samzurai)
    yh that would be awesome my PSN is payne101kane (don't ask why) lol
    cool, uncharted 2 is awesome man, so awesome that i clocked it twice lool, i enjoy action story line based like uncharted or the resistance series

1.gow3
    2.heavy rain
    3.final fantasy 13 i guess if my parents go on holiday can be a possibity

i recall getting my ps3 banned for playing fallout 3 so i want to avoid rpg's loool they are pretty addictive
    Updated. :yy: Welcome!

I highly recommend FFXIII. Easily the best game I've played this year.

(Original post by bigmo7)
    :fuhrer:

Not for me! My first exam starts about a week after Red Dead comes out! And it's on a Saturday ffs! I thought you could never have exams on a Saturday

Anyway, I'll stop ranting...my last exam in on the 10th of June :sad:
    My exams are 18th May, 22nd, 25th, and two on the 4th of June! That means I have an exam on a Saturday, which is also the Champion's League final!

I had one Saturday exam last semester too. They suck...

(Original post by Illusionary)
    :hello: Welcome to the thread! If you'd like your PSN ID added to the first post here then just let us know what it is.

As for game choices, there are some good suggestions in the first post including some from me, to which I'd add Final Fantasy XIII and Uncharted 2 (Geoff - could you update my list? :puppyeyes:). Is there any particular genre that you enjoy?
    Updated. :yy:

(Original post by james99)
    Got Infamous platinum the other day!

Dunno what game to buy next. Maybe FFXIII or GoW...
    Congrats! :thumbsup:

FINAL FANTASY XIII! You can't go wrong with GoW too I guess... :getmecoat:

(Original post by humz2)
    Sorry about that :o: Won;t happen again :p:

Pre-ordered Demon's Souls from GAME + quidco....it's the only game I want to play and thats it...at 14 platinums, i've had enough I think :o:
    No worries! :awesome:

I'm so glad Demon's Souls is finally being officially released here. June 2010 is so much later than when the rest of the world got it!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone newbie to the thread
    anyway....any thoughts on Just Cause 2? I was thinking of buying it because I've only been playing FIFA an COD and that's really getting boring so I thought i'll pick up the game after the IB...it got decent reviews but I really don't trust those websites as most reviews are paid for :p: So did anyone pick it up?
    And since I'll be going to Uni soon, can I hook up my PS3 to the internet in the dorms? Just wondering if anyone knew
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuks)
    Hello everyone newbie to the thread
    anyway....any thoughts on Just Cause 2? I was thinking of buying it because I've only been playing FIFA an COD and that's really getting boring so I thought i'll pick up the game after the IB...it got decent reviews but I really don't trust those websites as most reviews are paid for :p: So did anyone pick it up?
    And since I'll be going to Uni soon, can I hook up my PS3 to the internet in the dorms? Just wondering if anyone knew
    thanks
    Welcome! :hello:

It depends on the university tbh, you're best off going to your uni's subforum and asking on there.

I hated the Just Cause 2 demo, and from what some people have said on here, it gets boring really quickly.

Get FFXIII or GoWIII. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Welcome! :hello:

It depends on the university tbh, you're best of going to your uni's subforum and asking on there.

I hated the Just Cause 2 demo, and from what some people have said on here, it gets boring really quickly.

Get FFXIII or GoWIII. :yep:
    Just checked the Warwick forum and it works
    I can't wait for Internet with low ping :p: In India my ping is like 250ms permanently
    Thanks for the help I'm not much of an RPG player so FFXIII is not in my list and I'll just take GoWIII from my friend once he's done with it :p:
    What I heard about Just Cause 2 is that it's actually not boring like GTAIV got after some time but there was alot to do in it...but I'll keep what you said in mind maybe i'll just buy BFBC2

ReputationRep:
    My copy of GOWIII just arrived, in time for exams :emo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Schwweeet... my new UT team, 4-3-3, Arsene Wenger as manager.
    LW = Olic
    ST = Klose
    RW = Altintop / Govou

CM = Carrick, Muntari, Stankovic
    LB = Fernando Navarro
    CB = Chivu, Samuel, Juan
    GK and RB = some guy, forgotten their names (both needing replaced)

ReputationRep:
    Mr Bean as Manager. I like alot :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Mr Bean as Manager. I like alot :yy:
    :lol:

I'm hearing quite few places talk about some coin glitch but it involves handing over your PSN details which obviously I'm not going to do...

What is the glitch? Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :lol:

I'm hearing quite few places talk about some coin glitch but it involves handing over your PSN details which obviously I'm not going to do...

What is the glitch? Any ideas?
    No coin glitch at all, it's people trying to scam you :yep:

There was only one glitch on UT, and the people who used that have been banned from the game for life.. :lol:

Also, the same with the "duplication glitch". If they say they can do it, just block them, as they are just trying to scam you.

ReputationRep:
    Bioshock 2 is A-MA-ZING!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No coin glitch at all, it's people trying to scam you :yep:

There was only one glitch on UT, and the people who used that have been banned from the game for life.. :lol:

Also, the same with the "duplication glitch". If they say they can do it, just block them, as they are just trying to scam you.

I see. :holmes:

I need more coins in that case, got 12(?) trophies now. The game is getting pretty hard, next game is Man City. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I see. :holmes:

I need more coins in that case, got 12(?) trophies now. The game is getting pretty hard, next game is Man City. :woo:
    Nice one

Best way to deal with the harder teams like City is to just "through pass" (triangle) and have some really fast strikers & wingers. Obasi is a 90 (for pace) and a very good example for a fast striker (and very cheap). Ashley Young (not cheap) etc...

Get loads of coins for beating them

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Bioshock 2, got all the trophies in the process! Now just for the multiplayer ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Just finished Bioshock 2, got all the trophies in the process! Now just for the multiplayer ones.
    Congrats - and good luck (the multiplayer ones take quite a while :p:)!

ReputationRep:
    i have bought it off of ebay for a tad under £20

how much you spent on coins spikeymike/andrew, will a tenner on coins get me a good team?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Bioshock 2 is A-MA-ZING!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How amazing is the bit where you become a little sister?! Definitely rivals anything in Bioshock 1 :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i have bought it off of ebay for a tad under £20

how much you spent on coins spikeymike/andrew, will a tenner on coins get me a good team?!
    £10 gets you 12 standard gold packs at 79p each, and it probably won't get you a full team, well it will but possible not the position/formatioon they want to play so you get lower chemistry.

IMO, it's best if you work from the beginning, quite a few trophies have requirements like max team rating of 2 star etc.

Nice one

Best way to deal with the harder teams like City is to just "through pass" (triangle) and have some really fast strikers & wingers. Obasi is a 90 (for pace) and a very good example for a fast striker (and very cheap). Ashley Young (not cheap) etc...

Get loads of coins for beating them
    I look forward to it. :teeth:

Edit:
    Beat City, Roma, someone else and Liverpool in the final. :bigsmile: Torres is a *****, scored a hat trick against me! :rant: 3-1 down at HT, won 4-3. :sexface: I really want David Villa and Podolski. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How amazing is the bit where you become a little sister?! Definitely rivals anything in Bioshock 1 :yep:
    That part was brilliant. So original and very memorable indeed. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've had FFXIII for several days now and haven't really played it at all due to a combination of it not grabbing me initially, Bioshock 2 being awesome and wanting to get Heavy Rain and other games out of the way before I really sink my teeth into it but I've started playing properly today.

It's awesome! It's taken a while to get going (I'm at the Gates of Antiquity) but I love it so far. And the game is BEAUTIFUL. I also really like the theme for this area.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.