Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Software update has broken my controllers! The PS button won't turn on the console! :woo: :eek3:
    :fyi: my controllers worked fine after the update. :grin:

Bit of a pointless update though for those who don't have a 3D tv.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :fyi: my controllers worked fine after the update. :grin:

Bit of a pointless update though for those who don't have a 3D tv.
    :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Borrowing Just Cause 2 from a friend as he's finished it. Saves me paying out only to find I get bored of it quickly. Let's see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I was getting sucked into the debate in the forums...had to get out quick otherwise idiots were gonna piss me off :p:

Anyways Uncharted 2 Platinumed! :ahee:

*goes to update Portable ID*

edit: Can't believe the last time I updated it was so long ago! I've levelled up since then!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Omg I was getting sucked into the debate in the forums...had to get out quick otherwise idiots were gonna piss me off :p:

edit: Can't believe the last time I updated it was so long ago! I've levelled up since then!
    :congrats: About time. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :congrats: About time. :woo:
    I know I've been really lazy!

Took me 45 mins to get the GAU kills cos I kept managing to get to a checkpoint instead of killing myself so I had to restart the chapter..plus I had to play it all without updating :teehee:

Took me half an hour to work out how to get Steel Fist Expert and found out I'd been doing it wrong all that time! :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I know I've been really lazy!

Took me 45 mins to get the GAU kills cos I kept managing to get to a checkpoint instead of killing myself so I had to restart the chapter..plus I had to play it all without updating :teehee:

Took me half an hour to work out how to get Steel Fist Expert and found out I'd been doing it wrong all that time! :facepalm:
    Urrrgghh... the GAU. :facepalm2:

What were you doing? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Urrrgghh... the GAU. :facepalm2:

What were you doing? :holmes:
    Well for the GAU I was on the second to last level and I was in the room with the goons and the bad guys and I kept killing the dude with the GAU, picking it up and killing everyone, though quite a few times I went a bit OTT and killed everyone and when I tried reloading the game from my gamesave it would autosave onto that before allowing me load so it would be the checkpoint after the one I needed.

For the Steel Fist trophy I didn't realise it has to be
    1. Hip fire shots
    2. Melee has to be right after you shoot them

I wasn't doing either! :facepalm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well for the GAU I was on the second to last level and I was in the room with the goons and the bad guys and I kept killing the dude with the GAU, picking it up and killing everyone, though quite a few times I went a bit OTT and killed everyone and when I tried reloading the game from my gamesave it would autosave onto that before allowing me load so it would be the checkpoint after the one I needed.

For the Steel Fist trophy I didn't realise it has to be
    1. Hip fire shots
    2. Melee has to be right after you shoot them

I wasn't doing either! :facepalm:
    You could have bought the GAU and enabled in game... :holmes:

:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    You could have bought the GAU and enabled in game... :holmes:

:mmm:
    What are you talking about here?!?!

I feel like I'm about to get angry at this....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What are you talking about here?!?!

I feel like I'm about to get angry at this....
    IIRC, on the main menu, there's a store where you can buy/enable cheats/weapons.

That's how I did it. Bought the GAU in the store, enabled it in-game and used it. I didn't have to find the person holding the GAU.

200 Kills: GAU - 19
    Defeat 200 enemies with the GAU - 19

These are the guns the big armored soldiers carry, they look much like a big turret guns.

Found first in Chapter 19.

Since this will take you a lot of time, I liked loading Chapter 19 - Siege, and going to the area next to the mounted turret where the infinite spawn is located. I just purchased the GAU-19 from the Bonuses menu and turning on Infinite Ammo.
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...phy-guide.html

ReputationRep:
    IIRC, on the main menu, there's a store where you can buy/enable cheats/weapons.

That's how I did it. Bought the GAU in the store, enabled it in-game and used it. I didn't have to find the person holding the GAU.

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...phy-guide.html
    I'm gonna go now and get angry somewhere. Can't believe I wasted my time like that!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm gonna go now and get angry somewhere. Can't believe I wasted my time like that!
    I'm like that with the Lounging Around trophy on Fifa 10, I still don't have it. I can get 5 badges easily, but ******* Drogba keeps getting fouled. Wasted half an hour trying... Need to get 2500 points but I need to get that extra badge which you get by not committing any fouls.

With have to try Arsenal next time.

ReputationRep:
    Lost Planet 2 seems to be getting hyped on the PS Blog... what's this about then? :holmes: *downloads*

x
    Congrats, even if you do go about it the long way around! :p:

ReputationRep:

Nice! :yy:

I'm like that with the Lounging Around trophy on Fifa 10, I still don't have it. I can get 5 badges easily, but ******* Drogba keeps getting fouled. Wasted half an hour trying... Need to get 2500 points but I need to get that extra badge which you get by not committing any fouls.

With have to try Arsenal next time.
    Even I've got that trophy. :teehee:

It's easy not to foul people, just don't press X.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Even I've got that trophy. :teehee:

It's easy not to foul people, just don't press X.
    The thing was, I just found out that if press and hold X, your player goes forward to the player that has the ball.

But that would be sensible not to use X.

ReputationRep:
    The thing was, I just found out that if press and hold X, your player goes forward to the player that has the ball.

But that would be sensible not to use X.
    Fail. :facepalm2: That is FIFA/PES basics!

In normal games, Sprint + X + Square is pretty much all I use to win the ball off someone. I'll only slide tackle if I'm really sure I will win the tackle.

More awesomeness:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Lost Planet 2 seems to be getting hyped on the PS Blog... what's this about then? :holmes: *downloads*

Congrats, even if you do go about it the long way around! :p:
    Thanks

The first Lost Planet game I played was a bit ****, like little penguin men running around doing stuff. I'll download this one just to give it a go though. I'm nice like that. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Fail. :facepalm2: That is FIFA/PES basics!

In normal games, Sprint + X + Square is pretty much all I use to win the ball off someone. I'll only slide tackle if I'm really sure I will win the tackle.

More awesomeness:

Honestly I don't know if they're just hyping it up well but that game looks mint! I've pre-ordered it for £31.45 :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    That's the first Red Dead Redemption trailer I've actually watched...actually looks pretty good. What about the campaign though, is that supposed to be any good or are they mostly focusing in MP?

A friend and I finished Army of Two yesterday. Completely lost track of the story as we had a break of a couple of months after getting stuck at one point. Still quite enjoyed it though. Not sure the diamond encrusted grenades were worth $100,000 though...but it was near the end of the game so I had to

He's bought Splinter Cell now, so that's next on our co-op list.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.