Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah I have a swapgame account now, will probably get those games down the line, during the gaming drought of summer 2010.

ReputationRep:
    http://kotaku.com/5348984/the-people...0-hours-a-year

So strange that I came across this article. I just checked my Pro Evo 2009 stats yesterday and it said that I had spent 200 hours playing the game!!! :yikes:

That's more than I usually spend playing a Final Fantasy game! I spent 11 hours alone just in the "Edit" mode! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    That's why I usually don't get sports games... the last one was probably pes 2008... what a fail game that was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkos87)
    That's why I usually don't get sports games... the last one was probably pes 2008... what a fail game that was.
    Still played PES2008 more than I should have though. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    It's understandable with sports games. There's no reason to sell them on, in the way that so many games have has a story mode and that's it. If there's no trophies, it gets sold when completed. Even with trophies they can get passed on.
    With sports games, you can play 1 game with your friends say, once a week. Even 4 minutes each way means 10 minutes of game play. 520 minutes = just under 9 hours :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Here's the last "great PES2009 goals" compilation I'm going to make:

The quality has become so bad when uploading onto YouTube, which is very annoying.

I had another 26 goals to show, but I messed up the recording and I've already deleted all the replays.

ReputationRep:
    man these goals are amazing... I wish I played as well as you

ReputationRep:
    man these goals are amazing... I wish I played as well as you
    Thanks! :grin:

All it takes is practice really.

(And 200 hours of your life...)

ReputationRep:
    The music in the background is AWESOME. Who is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    The music in the background is AWESOME. Who is it?
    Vinnie Moore - Awaken the Madman.

Brilliant piece of music. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just completed Arkham Asylum, brilliant game if a little short.

ReputationRep:
    I dare you to find a better news story for this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...oliday-season/

HOLY CRAP I NEED TO GET THIS!

ReputationRep:

Sweet! Definitely need to get my hands on that seeing as I've never played them before.

Just started playing Prototype today (finally). Pretty good - still getting used to the controls and the camera angle.

ReputationRep:
    only drawback is that it's being ported by bluepoint games, makers of blast factor on psn... I would have preferred santa monica team themselves to take over the project... but i'll remain optimistic, sony computer entertainment will not screw up with their beloved franchise.

oh wait they did that with SOCOM before...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if any of you have seen this.

Why Uncharted 2 couldn't work on Xbox 360

With developer Naughty Dog owned by Sony and all, you likely didn't hold out much hope of seeing Nathan Drake on your Xbox 360 (except in Shadow Complex, of course), but Naughty Dog president Christophe Balestra took a few moments to explain to Ars Technica that technical hurdles would be equally insurmountable. "First of all, we fill the Blu-ray 100 percent," Balestra said. "We have no room left on this one." How many of those gigglebytes were used to capture the proper sonic resonance of Nolan North's chiseled good looks? We'll likely never know.

Admitting that Naughty Dog only used around 30 percent of the PS3's SPUs (or in more technical terms, "magic") in Drake's Fortune, Balestra said his team is using 100 percent of the system's power for the sequel. Perhaps more importantly, the team is also passing on its knowledge and techniques to third-party developers.

So, you heard it here first: All future PS3 games will look this good. Confirmed. '

I doubt all future PS3 games will look this good, but it's interesting to know. This game will be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    SCEA just released the first pictures of Kratos from the God of War Blu Ray Compilation.

720p confirmed, plus depth of field confirmed

Seriously though, even if you have the game, go buy this collection, if it comes to europe and uk that is... lol

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, even if you have the game, go buy this collection, if it comes to europe and uk that is... lol
    Have still got both 1&2 but still plan on getting this, so awesome. Just hope t actually comes out in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    I honest cant wait for it I never got round to playing it in the first place and always felt like I missed out , nows my chance

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we are getting Firmware 3.0 tomorrow at either Mid-day or 3pm.

ReputationRep:

No news on SCEE release.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.