Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    For those with enough coins, tonight at 6pm is the time they add more IF players to packs (Ultimate Team). So as soon as they put them up, buy the packs. I found there is more chance of getting IF players seconds after updated.

Got Agbonglahor (sp?),Robben & Ribéry doing this
    How do you know about this? Source? :curious:

Edit:
    Got nothing I wanted as usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    How do you know about this? Source? :curious:

Edit:
    Got nothing I wanted as usual.
    No source from anywhere. Found it out myself.

How many packs do you buy? As it sometimes helps to buy 3-4 packs in one go. Otherwise you get stuck with ****.

Or you will get a Player Formation 4-4-2 card that's worth 6k! :lol:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No source from anywhere. Found it out myself.

How many packs do you buy? As it sometimes helps to buy 3-4 packs in one go. Otherwise you get stuck with ****.

Or you will get a Player Formation 4-4-2 card that's worth 6k! :lol:
    I bought 2. The best I got was an Ancelotti manager card and Voronin.

ReputationRep:
    I bought 2. The best I got was an Ancelotti manager card and Voronin.
    Voronin is a quick player, useful as a sub. Not all bad. Ancelotti manager is quite "rare", iirc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Voronin is a quick player, useful as a sub. Not all bad. Ancelotti manager is quite "rare", iirc.
    Voronin wouldn't fit in my team...

ReputationRep:
    Voronin wouldn't fit in my team...
    i will take your hand downs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Just standard tactics iirc. Sab-syn-med, then Com-rav-med, when staggered Com-rav-rav. If you still can't do it, equip a doctor's code on your main character and buy plenty of potions. Use potions when you're low on health.

I'm assuming you've gone as far as you can in crystarium for your three main roles. If not, grind a bit to get stronger.
    Thanks, after a couple of tries I've nearly got there. I haven't quite reached crystarium level 4 in three roles yet - all characters have two roles at level 4 and are about half-way from level 3 to 4 in a third - but I think I should be able to manage this without more grinding yet (we'll see...). I got him down to about 50,000 HP the last time that I tried :bawling:

The strategy that's working best for me seems to be SYN/SAB/RAV to start, then RAV/RAV/RAV to stagger and get the combo gauge up to ~900% and COM/COM/MED after that for maximum damage. Back to RAV/RAV/RAV and repeat, with MED/MED/SYN to heal up when needed. That and a summon at an opportune time and I think I'll get it soon.

I have a feeling this may get lost in the FIFA talk... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Thanks, after a couple of tries I've nearly got there. I haven't quite reached crystarium level 4 in three roles yet - all characters have two roles at level 4 and are about half-way from level 3 to 4 in a third - but I think I should be able to manage this without more grinding yet (we'll see...). I got him down to about 50,000 HP the last time that I tried :bawling:

The strategy that's working best for me seems to be SYN/SAB/RAV to start, then RAV/RAV/RAV to stagger and get the combo gauge up to ~900% and COM/COM/MED after that for maximum damage. Back to RAV/RAV/RAV and repeat, with MED/MED/SYN to heal up when needed. That and a summon at an opportune time and I think I'll get it soon.

I have a feeling this may get lost in the FIFA talk... :ninja:
    Fair enough, you're nearly there. Once you stagger, it's probably best to switch to com-com-rav or com-rav-rav. Otherwise by the time you've reached 900% stagger, you've hardly got any stagger gauge left for your commandos to go to town.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Can someone explain what are all these com-rav-rav, RYN/SAB/RAVs talk is all about? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain what are all these com-rav-rav, RYN/SAB/RAVs talk is all about? :lolwut:
    Think of it as revenge for taking over the thread with FIFA talk! :p:

They're abbreviations for the character classes in FFXIII, e.g. COM = commando. Parties usually have three characters, hence the three classes.

ReputationRep:
    My brother got me MW2 for my birthday saves me having to fork out £40 or wait for the next game for it to drop in price.

(Yeh I know BC2 is probably better, but a lot of my friends still play MW2 on PS3 so I've been wanting to get it)

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, you're nearly there. Once you stagger, it's probably best to switch to com-com-rav or com-rav-rav. Otherwise by the time you've reached 900% stagger, you've hardly got any stagger gauge left for your commandos to go to town.
    Didn't even need a summon in the end! There's definitely a sweet spot for overall damage in when to change from primarily RAV to primarily COM once he's staggered - I think 700-800 is probably about right, and I can easily get there with three quarters of the gauge left.

Anyway, target time 16 minutes, done in 6, with 5 stars. :proud: Time for chapter 12...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't even need a summon in the end! There's definitely a sweet spot for overall damage in when to change from primarily RAV to primarily COM once he's staggered - I think 700-800 is probably about right, and I can easily get there with three quarters of the gauge left.

Anyway, target time 16 minutes, done in 6, with 5 stars. :proud: Time for chapter 12...
    Exactly, there comes a point that ravagers are ineffective since you do so little "real" damage. Well done!

Btw, how awesome was the fmv for the intro to chapter 12?! I kept the save file just before that scene so I can watch it over and over! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    The next CoD will be announced this Friday with a teaser trailer:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/28/ne...-tv-this-week/

ReputationRep:
    Btw, how awesome was the fmv for the intro to chapter 12?! I kept the save file just before that scene so I can watch it over and over! :ahee:
    OMG yes - that was amazing! :zomg: I'll be keeping that save as well... that must have taken months! (now I know why the game was delayed :p:)

Is there anything worthwhile other than stat upgrades beyond role level 4 for each class? If not, I might build up some of the other classes before levelling further in the 'main' three. I should have known that the 100k CP from that last battle wouldn't go as far as it seemed at first! :o:

ReputationRep:
    OMG yes - that was amazing! :zomg: I'll be keeping that save as well... that must have taken months! (now I know why the game was delayed :p:)

Is there anything worthwhile other than stat upgrades beyond role level 4 for each class? If not, I might build up some of the other classes before levelling further in the 'main' three. I should have known that the 100k CP from that last battle wouldn't go as far as it seemed at first! :o:
    Crystarium expands to level 10 once you complete the game. Don't bother doing the "non-main" roles, apart from getting one ability from each so that you actually unlock that class for the character. You should focus entirely on your three main roles since the other roles don't give you much in terms of stat upgrades.

I don't think there are many abilities left to unlock in the main roles, but the stat upgrades become a lot more worthwhile.

Unlocking synergist roles for Lightning and Fang may be quite useful though as there are able to eventually learn Haste. But don't worry about that for now.

ReputationRep:
    Crystarium expands to level 10 once you complete the game. Don't bother doing the "non-main" roles, apart from getting one ability from each so that you actually unlock that class for the character. You should focus entirely on your three main roles since the other roles don't give you much in terms of stat upgrades.

I don't think there are many abilities left to unlock in the main roles, but the stat upgrades become a lot more worthwhile.

Unlocking synergist roles for Lightning and Fang may be quite useful though as there are able to eventually learn Haste. But don't worry about that for now.
    I see a lot of grinding ahead if I'm going to have a chance at that platinum... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of grinding ahead if I'm going to have a chance at that platinum... :sigh:
    Grinding for CP is not the problem. It's grinding for items to sell for gil that takes ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    My brother got me MW2 for my birthday saves me having to fork out £40 or wait for the next game for it to drop in price.

(Yeh I know BC2 is probably better, but a lot of my friends still play MW2 on PS3 so I've been wanting to get it)
    It's down to around £25 actually :p:

But yeah it's awesome :five:

Though I did go on my mates Xbox and now I really want the Map pack! Btw was Team Tactical always a part of the Xbox playlist? I was so shocked to see it on theirs!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    It's down to around £25 actually :p:

But yeah it's awesome :five:

Though I did go on my mates Xbox and now I really want the Map pack! Btw was Team Tactical always a part of the Xbox playlist? I was so shocked to see it on theirs!?!
    Oh I looked around a while ago and it was still around £30-40. Oh well, I got it now
    I'm pretty certain it's always been there. Unless it was added later in an update? :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.