Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to everyone in here trying to juggle gaming, revision and exams, good luck! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montemoney)
    to everyone in here trying to juggle gaming, revision and exams, good luck! XD
    Cheers buddy, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    :hmmmm2:

Anyway, I'm almost 1/3 of the way to my 7th platinum (BC2). :p:
    Nice...is BFBC2 worth getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Deffo. Kills are much more satisfying than in COD. When you headshot someone from over 200m away, having factored in bullet drop etc., it's awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.

Me too, I got 2 left, 1 on the 18th then 21st. :ninja: Shouldn't even be playing games! :emo:

Edit:
    Give me a shout when you want to get this trophy.

Et Tu, Brute?
    Online: knife 5 friends
    can you not just go into a hardcore match and knife 5 people on the same team?

ReputationRep:
    i just got it from gamestation for £20.99 weekend offer for the PS3!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LowRider)
    i just got it from gamestation for £20.99 weekend offer for the PS3!!!!!!!
    Yeah I've seen that deal on HotUKDeals so I was wondering whether to get it or not....:o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've seen that deal on HotUKDeals so I was wondering whether to get it or not....:o:
    I played it on the PC it was crap on multiplayer because of lag due to having a mid spec laptop. However I enjoyed the single player and loved bf2 back in the day on pc.

I like mw2 on the ps3 and hope it'll be similar in terms of enjoyment. Its got more realistic bigger maps, more players and vehicles.

However i remember playing the demo and not loving it probably because I dont like rush more conquest games. I find the snipers and UAV on bc2 so annoying like what the ... on modern warfare it felt more balanced that may just be me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah definately! It's pretty similar to MW2 in many aspects. At least the multiplayer online doesn't lag.

:sogood:

Edit:
    :fyi: You'll like it. :yep: The recommended setting for the game is Normal, but I thought it was too easy, if you do get it, start it on hard if you want a challenege. You don't have to do the levels on hard, there no trophies for them except the final level.

The final level is so simple, you can do it in about 3mins. :mmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by montemoney)
    can you not just go into a hardcore match and knife 5 people on the same team?
    AFAIK, it's got to be someone on your friend's list.

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 Slim came today... I've been missing out!

The only thing I'm finding a little difficult to get used to is the analogue sticks being parallel.

What games do you guys recommend that are exclusive to the PS3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shook)

The only thing I'm finding a little difficult to get used to is the analogue sticks being parallel.

Welcome to the Dark Side society! :ninja:

There are some good suggestions from a few of us in the first post in the thread, so I'd suggest that you take a look there to get you started (though, I have to put in a quick plug for 3D Dot Game Heroes, out next week, which is a 'homage' to classic Zelda). If you'd like your PSN ID added to the list in the first post, just let us know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Welcome to the Dark Side society! :ninja:

There are some good suggestions from a few of us in the first post in the thread, so I'd suggest that you take a look there to get you started (though, I have to put in a quick plug for 3D Dot Game Heroes, out next week, which is a 'homage' to classic Zelda). If you'd like your PSN ID added to the list in the first post, just let us know.
    Oops, sorry, I didn't even check the first page! Lots of suggestions; I think Uncharted 2 will be first on my list. :yep:

I haven't set my PSN up yet but will tomorrow hopefully, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shook)
    Oops, sorry, I didn't even check the first page! Lots of suggestions; I think Uncharted 2 will be first on my list. :yep:
    Good choice! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shook)

You made the right decision. :yy:

Any questions you have about your console will be gladly answered by any of us in this thread, and the first post is also intended to be a fountain of knowledge on anything PS3 related.

Indeed.

Me too, I got 2 left, 1 on the 18th then 21st. :ninja: Shouldn't even be playing games! :emo:

Edit:
    Give me a shout when you want to get this trophy.

Et Tu, Brute?
    Online: knife 5 friends
    Yup will do thanks

After June 9th, imma quickly platinum GOW3 and possibly LBP and then I may buy BBBC2 if Demon's Souls does not arrive by then :woo:

ReputationRep:
    first exam tomorrow for me :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Completed Final Fantasy XIII! :king1:

I have to say, I found the last boss(es) a little easy after some of the previous fights - and that's without maxing out the crystarium. One stagger ended the last fight with the five stars need for the trophy... Anyway, I'm still a way off the platinum! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    That just means you're closer to having finished them all! :p: Good luck

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.