Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wished studying got you platinums, I'd be getting my head down by now.... :moon:

Congrats Illusionary, i'm way off platinum for any game too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Completed Final Fantasy XIII! :king1:

I have to say, I found the last boss(es) a little easy after some of the previous fights - and that's without maxing out the crystarium. One stagger ended the last fight with the five stars need for the trophy... Anyway, I'm still a way off the platinum! :o:
    Yeah the last boss was stupidly easy compared to others. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    Finding decent car insurance is impossible...even with Pass Plus :sigh:

So wanna go out and drive too (without anyone sat next to me) but just gotta keep shopping around atm. Some of my mates got insured for like £1200 but I can't seem to find any for less than £1800....

Anway on a Ps3 note, I'm backing up mine and it seems like it's going to take 9 hours?! :wtf:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)

So wanna go out and drive too (without anyone sat next to me) but just gotta keep shopping around atm. Some of my mates got insured for like £1200 but I can't seem to find any for less than £1800....

Anway on a Ps3 note, I'm backing up mine and it seems like it's going to take 9 hours?! :wtf:
    I was the same, I've been a named drivers ever since passing.

Do you back up just in case you kow what happens or...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I was the same, I've been a named drivers ever since passing.

Do you back up just in case you kow what happens or...?
    Yeah it ridiculous...I was fiddling around with it and if I have 1 years no claims the insurance is halved!

Yeah I'm backing it up cos I can now (got a 1TB external HDD :grin:) and just in case anything happens. It estimated 7 hours to backup even though there's only about 120gb to backup.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah it ridiculous...I was fiddling around with it and if I have 1 years no claims the insurance is halved!

Yeah I'm backing it up cos I can now (got a 1TB external HDD :grin:) and just in case anything happens. It estimated 7 hours to backup even though there's only about 120gb to backup.
    :holmes: It might give me a good excuse to buy an HDD. :teeth:

Fifa 08 @ 48p :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 crashed the other day and I totally forgot to back it up and now I've lost all my game data :O NOOO

ReputationRep:
    oh and also, PSN - han6149

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *absinthe*)
    My PS3 crashed the other day and I totally forgot to back it up and now I've lost all my game data :O NOOO
    oh and also, PSN - han6149
    Updated. :yy:

Bad luck with your PS3. Now you know to back your stuff up. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Perverse as it may seem, if you're looking for insurance in your own name (so you can build up an NCB), try adding your parents as named drivers on the policy. Doing so brought the premium down for me, despite it actually giving more coverage!

Related - my car passed its MoT without any major work needed (though, I have just had my windscreen replaced) - that's one less expense to worry about for a year :rolleyes:

I really ought to back mine up some time soon :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Welcome to :tsr:

What actually happened? Like, what were you doing before that happened? :holmes: And what's happened now? Does the PS3 recognise the hard drive at all? Does the XMB get loaded at all?

ReputationRep:
    It's fine now I restored it and tis working but can't be bothered to play all the games through. Just playing a game and then bam ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Perverse as it may seem, if you're looking for insurance in your own name (so you can build up an NCB), try adding your parents as named drivers on the policy. Doing so brought the premium down for me, despite it actually giving more coverage!

Related - my car passed its MoT without any major work needed (though, I have just had my windscreen replaced) - that's one less expense to worry about for a year :rolleyes:

I really ought to back mine up some time soon :o:
    :holmes:

I may have to try that, I think I'll actually try anything to get a decent quote for my car insurance!

:yy: On the MoT btw.

I've set the Ps3 to start backing up again cos there was no way I was gonna leave it backing up through the day...waste of Ps3 time!! Now I can sleep while it backs up...hopefully when I wake up they'll both be alive!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :holmes:

I may have to try that, I think I'll actually try anything to get a decent quote for my car insurance!

:yy: On the MoT btw.

I've set the Ps3 to start backing up again cos there was no way I was gonna leave it backing up through the day...waste of Ps3 time!! Now I can sleep while it backs up...hopefully when I wake up they'll both be alive!
    Did it back up ok? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Did it back up ok? :teeth:
    Yeah it did, I've no idea how long it took but the backup was roughly 90GB. :woo:

I've got nothing else to backup now :sad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's all the BC2 campaign trophies done. Online trophies to go... and not forgetting to study. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield or Final Fantasy? I realise their two totally different games but there you go :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Battlefield or Final Fantasy? I realise their two totally different games but there you go :p:
    Final Fantasy XIII. :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    :hand:

BC2. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :hand:

BC2. :yep:
    :no:

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    :yes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.