Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Oh right, so it's pretty much a standard RTS then. I haven't played on since C&C3: Tiberium Wars on the PC. Not fond of the horribly cheesy cut-scenes in the C&C series..
    Are you serious? The C&C cut scenes are awesome!! Yes they are incredibly cheese but I love em nonetheless!

RUSE is supposed to be one of those more tactical RTSs by what they say about it and I do kinda see it. I'm just really in need a new RTS game...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Are you serious? The C&C cut scenes are awesome!! Yes they are incredibly cheese but I love em nonetheless!

RUSE is supposed to be one of those more tactical RTSs by what they say about it and I do kinda see it. I'm just really in need a new RTS game...:yep:
    :yucky:

It's all very badly acted and melodramatic. I know that it's meant to be like that, but I'm not keen on it.

RTS games get too repetitive after a while. Got too bored of the campaign in Tiberium Wars and it also go too difficult. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    :yucky:

It's all very badly acted and melodramatic. I know that it's meant to be like that, but I'm not keen on it.

RTS games get too repetitive after a while. Got too bored of the campaign in Tiberium Wars and it also go too difficult. :nothing:
    I love it! Especially Jennifer Morrison :sogood:

And the whole point of RTS's is to do it online! Tbf I didn't actually find the C&C3 campaign hard but I guess I've always played RTS games since I got started on gaming so it's not been too difficult. :ahee:
    The problem is though that unless you have someone decent on your team you can't win, there's no way that you can take on 2 players by yourself in a 2v2 and that sucks. I guess it's the same on FPS but I don't think it's to such an extent....
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    New BioShock 2 DLC Arrives Tomorrow
    LittleBigPlanet 2 Includes 'Move' Supported Levels

Medal of Honor 2010 anyone?
    MW3 wutt?
    Driver 5

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Battlefield or Final Fantasy? I realise their two totally different games but there you go :p:
    As Geoff and I mentioned above, FFXIII, but even more so when you can get it for £18: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67248...3-xbox360-17-9

ReputationRep:
    Even though this CoD game wasn't nearly as good as it should have been, I'll still get excited about MW3 :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    As Geoff and I mentioned above, FFXIII, but even more so when you can get it for £18: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67248...3-xbox360-17-9
    MUST RESIST!!!

Seriously too many games at decent prices. I need to stop looking on HUKD and on here! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Driver 5? I never even knew there was a Driver 4! I did love Driv3r years ago though back when I had a PS2

Edit: Damn, 4 is on PS2 so I can't even play it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    That's ridiculously cheap! :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Even though this CoD game wasn't nearly as good as it should have been, I'll still get excited about MW3 :excited:
    What's MW3 though? There's Black Ops too, 2 different games here?

(Original post by hobo06)
    Driver 5? I never even knew there was a Driver 4! I did love Driv3r years ago though back when I had a PS2

Edit: Damn, 4 is on PS2 so I can't even play it
    Oh I played Driver 4... on my bro's Xbox, IIRC, it was pretty poor, you could drive through buildings sometimes. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Black Ops will have 2-4 player co-op, and possible pilot scenes with the Blackbird:

http://kotaku.com/5535796/call-of-du...g-%5Bupdate%5D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Yeh, Black Ops is the next instalment, developed by Treyarch (World at War developer), unrelated to the Modern Warfare series, due this Autumn. MW3 will likely be due same time 2011, but I think currently unknown as to who the developer is due to Infinity Ward and Activision's current situation.

Oh I played Driver 4... on my bro's Xbox, IIRC, it was pretty poor, you could drive through buildings sometimes. :lolwut:
    I'm not missing out on too much then.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh... Should I get World At War? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't even go near that game with a barge pole. :no:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You shouldn't even go near that game with a barge pole. :no:
    Why...? IGN gave it 9.2. :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    If you like shooting zombies, most definitely!
    The campaign is nothing special (though you do have to complete it to unlock the Nazi Zombies mode, the best part of the game imo ), nor the online play compared to the first MW. But it's only £9.98 on Amazon, bargain!
    The campaign will be unrelated to Black Ops though, so it's not necessary for the understanding of Black Ops.

ReputationRep:
    Why...? IGN gave it 9.2. :eek2:
    It's so shoddy compared to MW and MW2 (the campaign and online that is). I never got into Nazi Zombies, but it is a cool idea.

ReputationRep:

Given the pattern that they release games like hobo said I would think it would be released in 2011 and would continue the story cos they did leave it on quite a cliffhanger.

It's so shoddy compared to MW and MW2 (the campaign and online that is). I never got into Nazi Zombies, but it is a cool idea.
    The only was so poor but Zombies was the only thing that ever got me interested in that game, especially with the map packs. A good Zombies game can last 3 hours or so! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Given the pattern that they release games like hobo said I would think it would be released in 2011 and would continue the story cos they did leave it on quite a cliffhanger.

The only was so poor but Zombies was the only thing that ever got me interested in that game, especially with the map packs. A good Zombies game can last 3 hours or so! :woo:
    What's the highest level you've got to on zombies? Mine was about 27 I think, 4 of us online, all with ray guns and deployables, and one guy sniping out the windows. Must have gone on for a good hour-hour and half.
    I'm tempted to get it on PS3 as it's only a tenner. Just means I have to play through the campaign again :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    What's the highest level you've got to on zombies? Mine was about 27 I think, 4 of us online, all with ray guns and deployables, and one guy sniping out the windows. Must have gone on for a good hour-hour and half.
    I'm tempted to get it on PS3 as it's only a tenner. Just means I have to play through the campaign again :sigh:
    Depends on what level you are talking about, the only levels we've ever played was Shi No Numa and Der Riese. I never played the standard level :o:

And btw I do believe that you can play Zombies straight from the off now rather than having to complete the Campaign I know we played Zombies at a mates house when I took WAW over there and played Zombies straight away, I still haven't even finished the campaign on my PS3

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.