ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    whats with the giant globe thing?
    Which one are you referring to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Which one are you referring to?
    'life with playstation'

i don't think it's part of the update, but what the hell is this 'folding at home' thing and why doesn't it do anything?

it just shows the earth at night and just seems to be contantly loading.. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    'life with playstation'

i don't think it's part of the update, but what the hell is this 'folding at home' thing and why doesn't it do anything?

it just shows the earth at night and just seems to be contantly loading.. :woo:
    Folding at home was there since the start and "Life with Playstation" is pretty much just for international news etc.

Folding at Home is a Cambridge uni thing where they use your PS3 to process calculations etc and send the info back to their computers. It basically means they have a huge amount of data being computed without having to do it themselves directly. Personally it's a waste of my electricity and no, it doesn't do anything (for you).

Looking at it they seem to have joined to two together and are just calling it "life with playstation" like you are saying.

ReputationRep:
    Love the update best one since xmb was added

The slim is good !

ReputationRep:
    Prototype has been great so far. But isn't the stealth system really flawed? You can do the "stealth consume" thing even though it seems like there's 10 other people watching you do it! You can jump around and parkour everywhere whilst in a disguise and the military won't even clock on that you're the one their hunting! What's that all about?! Surely if a guy is jumping 40 feet in the air and running at the speed of sound, then surely this should be ringing alarm bells for the miltary!

Hideo Kojima would not be impressed! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of getting Prototype, i think i will now just for that! Sounds funny :lol:

I got all excited about iplayer coming to the PS3, just to find out that the picture quality is ****ing crap. Trying to watch The Football League Show, and that was just awful.!

ReputationRep:
    I really dont like the grey boxes
    Friends list looks horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivy2412)
    I really dont like the grey boxes
    Friends list looks horrible.
    Yep, it's hideous! At least make the boxes transparent or something...

(Original post by .Andrew.)
    I was thinking of getting Prototype, i think i will now just for that! Sounds funny :lol:

I would definitely recommend it. If you liked Infamous, you'll like Prototype.

I've got to a stage now where you can hijack helicopters in the air - that's just full of win imo. :yep:

The freeroaming part is more Saint's Row ish than GTA ish I think. The gameplay is less serious and focuses on the absolute devastation. :jive:

ReputationRep:
    One of the first official screenshots of GT5: :coma:

New trailer for MW2: :coma: x2

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/01/ne...a-flag-runner/

ReputationRep:
    So I'm about the only person who likes the new friends list?

Ah well Sony never listen to anyone anyways so it's fine for me :awesome:

(Original post by Zedd)
    Folding at home was there since the start and "Life with Playstation" is pretty much just for international news etc.

Folding at Home is a Cambridge uni thing where they use your PS3 to process calculations etc and send the info back to their computers. It basically means they have a huge amount of data being computed without having to do it themselves directly. Personally it's a waste of my electricity and no, it doesn't do anything (for you).

Looking at it they seem to have joined to two together and are just calling it "life with playstation" like you are saying.
    :facepalm: Did you even think to read what [email protected] says before making up this garbage?

1. It is run by Stanford University, not Cambridge.
    2. It doesn't just do calculations because it's fun, it does them to help better understand the development of many diseases.
    3. The addition of the PS3 to the [email protected] project was genius! The PS3 could do so much more than a PC could and even then, if the PS3 was folding for a day, it might only replicate what the protein does for just 250 nano seconds (I'd have to check but thereabouts) which is just a fraction of a second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :facepalm: Did you even think to read what [email protected] says before making up this garbage?

1. It is run by Stanford University, not Cambridge.
    2. It doesn't just do calculations because it's fun, it does them to help better understand the development of many diseases.
    3. The addition of the PS3 to the [email protected] project was genius! The PS3 could do so much more than a PC could and even then, if the PS3 was folding for a day, it might only replicate what the protein does for just 250 nano seconds (I'd have to check but thereabouts) which is just a fraction of a second.
    Fair dos, although I never said it was for fun :hmmmm2: Not knocking the concept or actual practicality of it either but at the end of the day leaving my ps3 on to do this costs me more in electricity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    New trailer for MW2: :coma: x2

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/01/ne...a-flag-runner/
    OMG! Thank you so much for confirming that CTF is on MW2!! I've been waiting since after RFOM for a proper game with CTF to come out! :coma: Having a clan and not being able to play capture the flag is a bit boring...:o:

Tho that seemed pretty staged tbh

'What you're carrying is not a flag so much as a "shoot me everyone" banner.'
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Fair dos, although I never said it was for fun :hmmmm2: Not knocking the concept or actual practicality of it either but at the end of the day leaving my ps3 on to do this costs me more in electricity.
    So you don't want to pay for electricity in order to help in the research for diseases such Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, mad cow disease, cancer, Huntington's disease, cystic fibrosis, osteogenesis imperfecta?
    Come on...it's kinda the same as when you pay £2 a month to a charity...but in this case it's more discreet...
    [email protected] don't rely on supercomputers or anything like that, instead it's just us, PS3 owners and PC owners...
    I think it's worth it...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[email protected] Read more if you want...

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Thank you so much for confirming that CTF is on MW2!! I've been waiting since after RFOM for a proper game with CTF to come out! :coma: Having a clan and not being able to play capture the flag is a bit boring...:o:

Tho that seemed pretty staged tbh

'What you're carrying is not a flag so much as a "shoot me everyone" banner.'
    :awesome:
    Wasn't CTF on WaW as well? Can't remember if it was on CoD4 though.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't CTF on WaW as well? Can't remember if it was on CoD4 though.
    Well I never got [email protected] cos I didn't like it but I think it was and it wasn't on Cod4
    But I don't think we've ever get the intensity of Rfom CTF....that was just out of this world...
    Good times....

But I think if anyone is going to do a good job, it's going to be IW! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well I never got [email protected] cos I didn't like it but I think it was and it wasn't on Cod4
    But I don't think we've ever get the intensity of Rfom CTF....that was just out of this world...
    Good times....

But I think if anyone is going to do a good job, it's going to be IW! :yep:
    :yep:

WaW sucked compared to MW.

Off to bed now - played way too much Prototype today and my eyes feel like they're going to implode. :creep:

Night!

ReputationRep:

Looks good!

ReputationRep:

Looks good!
    :coma:

On the 3.00 note: my gripe is why have a TV icon with only iplayer - surely that could have come under network :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My PS3 doesn't connect to my Wireless router. HELP!!!!!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.